Getting somewhere...

DoctorWhovian1902

Okay, so on Saturday I showed my non-brony friend the episode "Read It and Weep", which moved him from the status of "hater" (although I prefer a more "professional" sounding name: "Anti-Brony") to "non-brony" (basically, he's nuetral to the show. Neither likes nor hates it.

Anyways, so we have Chemistry at different times during the day, but some kids will leave drawings or writing on the whiteboard in front. I told him in a later class that there was a special surprise in Chemistry for him, to which he kind of just looked at me like "okay then". This is what was written up there (reference get?):

img-1213236-1-3Ax9naN.jpg

...which he thought was awesome. He also said it was funny because the teacher said he was the only one who thought it was funny.

It's nice to see a positive reaction out of him in relation to the show. I mean, I half expected him to give a reaction like "Really? You put that on the board?" I guess for once I was surprised, and pleasantly at that.

So that's my story for the day. What do you guys think?

Edit: Just to clarify, the Nerd^3 signature was just something I came up with off the top of my head. Sorry or any confusion.

Edited by whoovesfan7698
  • Brohoof 2

I like your reference, but what does Dan have to do with Ponies? He doesn't watch it. I'm not really sure how that ties in with your story. x3

• Brohoof 1

I like your reference, but what does Dan have to do with Ponies? He doesn't watch it. I'm not really sure how that ties in with your story. x3

Because he said he's only neutral towards the show, and the fact that he not only recognized the reference in what I wrote, but liked it, is awesome. This gives a bit of hope that he may become a Brony just yet.

• Brohoof 1

I'm sure he'll fall pray to curiosity eventually :P. Of course just as long as your don't push to hard for him to watch it and he should atleast stay neutral.

As long as hes neutral your in a good standing, converting him is just extra credit really.

Sounds like you had an interesting day to say the least though :D.

• Brohoof 1

Well things seem to be going well for you.

That's always a good thing to hear.

Just make sure you don't make it seem like your forcing it on him or things may go downhill.

In any case great for you and hope thing turn out well.

• Brohoof 1

Eh, sorry about my previous response, I thought "Dan" was a type for "that" (I've seen autocorrect to worse). The "Nerd^3" thing was just something I came up with off the top of my head, not a reference to the YouTube channel. Looking back at it, I probably should have used my nickname I go by: "Bro T" (take a guess where I came up with that, considering my last initial is a "T").

I love how you made ponies as an assignment. xD I find that hilarious. Hopefully (if not, that's okay too), he can move up from his non-brony status to a suitable status where it's safe to say to call him brony. Just don't push it too much though! xD

• Brohoof 1

I love how you made ponies as an assignment. xD I find that hilarious. Hopefully (if not, that's okay too), he can move up from his non-brony status to a suitable status where it's safe to say to call him brony. Just don't push it too much though! xD

It might (will) take some work, gradual work that is, but I may just be able to make a Brony out of him. I feel very confident in the fact that he does have an idea of what quality is, so there's always that chance.

Before I got into the show I myself was neutral, I thought it was a bit strange that so many teenagers and adults especially men were into a show about cartoon ponies but didn't like a lot of the hate geared toward bronies. How my friend got me into was telling me about Discord and wanting to know my opinion on him, that got me curious as I can appreciate a good villain and Discord was one of the best I have seen in quite a while which prompted me to try out the rest of the show.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Can someone explain the reference to me...? I feel like it's either really obscure or really obvious, but I'm not getting it either way...

In "Read it and Weep", Rainbow Dash complains that, upon being told she needs to stay in the hospital for a few days, "Few days? Might as well be a few months, or few years!"

Get the reference now?

Also, keep in mind that he had just seen the episode a few days back, so it was still fairly fresh in his mind, so I wasn't surprised that he got the reference.

Edited by whoovesfan7698
  • Brohoof 2