HUGE change to Pinkie Pie's character confirmed for Season 4

TailsIsNotAlone

I hate to break it to you my fellow bronies. But Alicorn Twilight is not the only major change going into Season 4.

Recognizing the profitability of pumpkin pie as a popular fall dessert, Hasbro has made the decision to change Pinkie Pie's color scheme and replace her head with a pumpkin. Official concept art confirming the change was released just this morning on Reddit.

img-1218421-1-PumpkinPie_zpsec322701.png

B)

But don't worry, because look at this!

Andrea Libman's Twitter:

don't worry bronies, there won't be a difference at all. shes still the same Pinkie Pie you all know and love <3

See? If you can't believe the voice actress who can you believe?? Now before you guys go totally nuts over this, I want to say that I for one welcome this change! I feel that it was definitely needed to open the door for some new ideas about Pinkie--excuse me, Pumpkin Pie--and the show. I trust that the writers will use just the right amount of nutmeg and add whipped cream where needed.

But I know that for whatever reason, SOME bronies won't be able to accept a major change to a beloved character's design unless it's properly foreshadowed, well written, makes sense and is motivated by something besides profit, but that's okay. I guess they're just not real fans.

EDIT: See?! I knew it! This just in: MLP fans are leaving the fandom in droves over this! I have absolutely no proof, but since I'm already playing to popular prejudices I don't need it. I guess those anonymous people just don't love My Little Pumpkin as much as we do. :(

Aww c'mon, play along. No offense to Twilicorn likers, I'm just having a little fun.

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone
  • Brohoof 13

NOOOO!!! WHAT IS THIS MADDNESS?!!! NEXT THING IS GOING TO BE TRIXIE BEING A PINECONE! I AM SO LEAVING.

Edited by Firebolt
  • Brohoof 6

This sounds ridiculous, but I wouldn't put it past Hasbro to cook up something terrible like this. I already heard that they're trying to 'phase out' Octavia for being offensive to string instrumentalists because she plays the cello while standing (cellos are normally played sitting down). If they're willing to do that, then I believe that they're willing to do anything, including replace a beloved characters head with a pumpkin that's mutilated by a woodcutter's axe.

#SaveOctavia

Edited by Antismurf9001
  • Brohoof 2

NOOOO!!! WHAT IS THIS MADDNESS?!!! NEXT THING IS GOING TO BE TRIXIE BEING A PINECONE! I AM SO LEAVING.

"But Trixie IS the highest level pinecone!"

Honestly, for one episode, that would be fairly amusing :P

This sounds ridiculous, but I wouldn't put it past Hasbro to cook up something terrible like this. I already heard that they're trying to 'phase out' Octavia for being offensive to string instrumentalists because she plays the cello while standing (cellos are normally played sitting down). If they're willing to do that, then I believe that they're willing to do anything, including replace a beloved characters head with a pumpkin that's mutilated by a woodcutter's axe.

#SaveOctavia

Are you sure? That sounds a little far out. I doubt string quartet players would be that ridiculous.

Actually, if you took the axe out of her head, it wouldn't be so bad. I really hope that's not the final design. I for one welcome Pumpkin Pie and shall continue to love her as much as I did Pinkie Pie.

• Brohoof 1

Are you sure? That sounds a little far out. I doubt string quartet players would be that ridiculous.

I'm absolutely sure that that story is completely fabricated and based on absolutely no true facts other than Octavia not being seen since the middle of season 2.

i can learn water type attacks as well, and i doubt you want to know them

plus ice is strong on flying

But, Firebolt means lightning. Therefore I do know a few electric attacks as well...

Edited by Firebolt

I have a Reshiram.

ice > dragon

dragon > dragon

fire > ice

i believe we have a standstill, oh wait, i forgot im ev trained *blizzard* double ko

ok, we are done here, lets not post any farther on this thread, we have strayed to far off topic

Edited by Glaceon

ice > dragon

dragon > dragon

fire > ice

i believe we have a standstill, oh wait, i forgot im ev trained *blizzard* double ko

ok, we are done here, lets not post any farther on this thread, we have strayed to far off topic

Okay...

Back on topic then:

THIS IS TERRIBLE.