Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Anyone a StarWars fan?

PinkieShyFlutterPie

@@Mr. Changeling,Star Wars Battlefront 3 bit the dust with the Disney buy out didn't it?  Last I heard there was much hope for it other than rumors of some other company interested in picking it up.

Also the new 1313 game being killed too, just when it was switched to have Boba Fett be the character that you played as in the game.

Then why did EA, developer of battlefield and other first person shooters, open a new gaming studio, right after disney announced that they were going to work with dice and EA for most video games. Look a lot like swbf3!

And 1313 is not being cut, its just being put on hold. Look, as awful as disney can be sometimes, they have not steered us wrong, yet. Just have faith. For the past 10 years ive been waiting for swbf3. With a little more faith, in no time, we will have it

• Brohoof 1

Then why did EA, developer of battlefield and other first person shooters, open a new gaming studio, right after disney announced that they were going to work with dice and EA for most video games. Look a lot like swbf3!

And 1313 is not being cut, its just being put on hold. Look, as awful as disney can be sometimes, they have not steered us wrong, yet. Just have faith. For the past 10 years ive been waiting for swbf3. With a little more faith, in no time, we will have it

Oh don't get me wrong,  I have faith in Disney for the movies.  Look at what they have done since they acquired marvel, those movies have been great and they can hopefully handle it well.  But the transition was not good for the games in development.

Here is a link to a related article that actually was made today.  It mentions, that yes the New Dice Developers from EA in LA wil have a focus on the Star Wars license, but this studio's main focus will be creating new games. 

http://www.techdigest.tv/2013/05/star_wars_battl.html

The head of DICE says they won't be against picking up and finising the existing products but to do this they would new to buy the current progress from the previous developers or start over developing their own version.  So while I won't be surprised if SWBF3 is eventually released but most likely 1313 is dead. 

I mean supposedly Free Radical was 99% done with SWBF3 when LucasArts canceled, that's where all those screenshots come from and there was even a stream of it playing online a some point.  It was literally in the Debugging phase and looked so good, so I really hope that DICE picks up and finishs it but we'll see.

I don't know if I'd really be considered a "fan" or not, since I'm not really big into the Expanded Universe, but I *loved* the original trilogy, and The Empire Strikes Back is quite possibly my favorite film of all time, if not at least in the top 3. 

I *love* the visual effects, art direction, set design, and score for Episode V.  Others might simply call those "technical achievements", but to me they're more than that. There's a sense of depth and atmosphere and mood that these efforts create, and to pull it off requires not just technical skill, but a certain amount of genius and inspiration.  Frankly, Empire is the best at that in the series. 

I've seen al the movies, watched the cartoon on CN (first season only, after  was just bad) I've played both Battlefronts, purchased ALL the LEGO games, bought The Force Unleashed, played The Force Unleashed II, and even read a couple books as a kid. You could say I'm a fan, but you'd be understating it.

• Brohoof 1

Try "obsessed." Star Wars is my favorite media franchise of all time. I own oodles of toys and games, Kotor, SW:TOR, and Battlefront 2 all rank among my favorite games ever made, I followed TCW up until the unwatchable fifth season, and with the exception of Attack of the Clones, I even liked the prequels.

I'm incredibly optimistic about what Disney and EA can accomplish with this franchise, now that Battlefront 3, Imperial Commando, and Kotor 3 FINALLY have a shot at being made.

Hell, my icon is even based off of a Star Wars crossover fic. I think it's safe to say I'm something of a fan. wub.png

• Brohoof 1

So, I was in school in '77 when the original 'A New Hope' came out. I didn't get to see it at the movie theater until some years later, however I vividly remember being in some class or another and the teacher wheeling in the big old t.v on a stand, along with the video player-this would have been around '79 I think and the school were very proud owners of one of the first VCRs.

So, we're all bracing ourselves for some boring crap-when....'A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy Far Far Away...' HOLY CRAP!!!

The obsession began there-and continues to this day.

• Brohoof 1

Actually, Battlefront 3 got canned a long while ago...although we might see something similar appear with Disney's partnership with EA.

And as far as the movies go, I'm hopeful. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

And yes, I am a HUGE Star Wars fan.

Whoo! Star Wars! I'm a big fan, even of the Clone Wars. I also love playing SWTOR as a bounty hunter. I'm looking forward to episode 7. If Disney can do a good job, they'll have an amazing movie on their hands!

Of course, a lot of them.

Last time I saw the original trilogy was in February. Seriously, one has to have a Star Wars run at least once a year!

Is this because of star wars battlefront 3. Man, I am so excited about this game. Its predesesers were nothing short of pure awesomeness, and I expect this to be 20 % cooler. Cant wait for it to come out!!!

Battlefront 3? Battlefront 3 is confirmed!?!?

You have no idea how long I've been waiting to hear that news, Battlefront 1 and 2 were masterpieces, probably my favorite 3rd person shooters of all time.

I love Star Wars, it's a brilliant Sci-Fi franchise. I can't wait to see what Disney does with it. However, I am pretty wary of the video games side, being a gamer I will always be wary of what EA does. They've ruined a lot of franchises (*cough* Command and Conquer 4 *cough*) in the past and I couldn't bear to see them do that to beloved Star Wars.

I would say I am a fan of the franchise. 

I'm working my way through the multitude of books at the moment, I've read about 15 so far. Played pretty much every star wars game out there except The Old Republic. though I would really like to play it due to my great interest in that era. 

I have all six movies and the clone wars series on my harddrive, I even have a replica obi-wan lightsaber. and a jedi robe. 

I think it's pretty safe to say I am a fan

(edited)

Star Wars is my favorite media franchise. I love the movies, have read dozens of novels and comics, played KOTOR I and II, own ~80 action figures and other merchandise.

SWTOR was, meh, I did play it a few weeks only. KOTOR is much better, the best Star Wars game and my favorite RPG, haven't played Battlefront and Bounty Hunter yet. The Clone Wars is OK for a CGI-animated show. 

I'm excited about the upcoming movies (sequel trilogie, fourth trilogy, spin-offs) and series (new animated show). I don't understand all the Prequel Trilogy bashing many people do. They are not as good as the Original Trilogy but still some of the best movies ever made.^^

But I know about things like Old Republic history, from it's founding 25K years before The Phantom Menace, to the creation of the Sith 18K years later, the Mandalorian Wars serving as backstory to the Jedi Civil War and Dark Wars featured in Knights of the Old Republic I and II, the New Sith Wars and to years after the Battle of Endor.

Edited by Tahirih

OMG OMG OMG OMG I am a huge Star Wars nerd! :D I play Star Wars video games, I watch Clone Wars (I'm so mad at Disney for getting rid of it -_-), I have action figures...I love Star Wars! :lol:

I'm also an Obi-Wan fangirl...(younger Obi-Wan of course--I don't have a crush on an old man :P)

I am a huge Star Wars fan.  I always have been since I was eight years old.  My favorite character on the light side is Luke Skywalker.  I don't have a favorite dark side character because I learned from KOTOR that the dark side is very dark.

• Brohoof 1

I am a huge Star Wars fan.  I always have been since I was eight years old.  My favorite character on the light side is Luke Skywalker.  I don't have a favorite dark side character because I learned from KOTOR that the dark side is very dark.

My favorite character is Luke Skywalker, too. Second comes Darth Vader on the dark side and my third favorite character is Jaina Solo from the Expanded Universe.

My favourite character on the light side would either be Obi-wan or Yoda. My favourite sith lord would probably be Darth Malgus, from SWTOR. I loved the way he took down the whole of the Jedi Temple almost completely by himself. I also quite like Boba Fett.

My husband is the original fan of the family, but after we were married I kinda got into it. I've read most of the books (Thrawn trilogy my favorite). I finally sat through the whole 'Empire Strikes Back' and finally figured out how Han was captured. Ewoks are my favorite characters (yes I'm a total girl) and the only thing I don't like are the weird faces Luke makes when 'he's in pain'. I spent hours on the KotOR games and got my roommate to fall in love with my husbands roommate whilst playing Star Wars Epic Duels board game. There is so much star wars (and MLP now) in this house img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png .

I feel everyone who watched Star Wars has became a Star Wars fan however the typical haters of Star Wars are the people who haven't seen the films and have resorted to stereotypes.

My only problem with Star Wars is the fact that they just for no reason made an incest kiss occur (so great to be showing kids)

I can't wait for the next 3 episodes. Maybe we'll finally get to find out about

how Luke married Mara Jade and how she turned to the darkside. At least I thought I heard there was a book series about that.

(edited)

I am a true true Star Wars fan.I watched both trilogies and loved them all.The stories,the soundtrack,the villains,it was WONDERFUL!!! I also like a lot of the video games and many things of the expanded universe,like the books.I wonder how Disney will handle the new trilogy...Since it'll be the same guy who made the two recent Star Trek films which were pretty good,i have very high hopes.

The only thing i hate about SW is Jar Jar Binks.Oh,and Greedo shooting first too.

Edited by Dino-Mario

i enjoy Star Wars. it's a really massive universe that spans across several star systems and planets and shit. my favorites of the whole thing has to be the Dark Forces games. the first one's a enjoyable shooter, while the second one is all of that plus a bunch more. the FMV sequences in that game just fills me with nostalgia. i've alsy played KOTOR, a bit of KOTOR II, and probably won't ever play TOR because of it being an MMO.

Star Wars has to be one of my most favourite Sci-Fi franchise ever. I have all of the first six movies. I have a collectable Boba Fett figure which I intend to keep until it is worth a lot of money. I have four of the books that were wrote after the movies: The Bounty Hunter Wars The Mandalorian Armour, Slave Ship and Hard Merchandise. I also have the book called Shadows of the Empire and they are some of my most favourite books I own. I do have quite a large knowledge of the universe and I can read the universal language that they use in the Star Wars universe (Yes there is a language, and yes I can read it but I don't know if it is spoke differently). The language is called Galactic Basic and they do incorporate it into the Secret Apprentice games and the Cartoon Network show it's those funny symbols that you see on the signs.

@British Brony

Which one is the Boba Fett figure? I own about 100 Star Wars action figures. If it's going to raise in worth, it must be the "white" prototype version from Vintage Collection.

Well, I have several dozen books and know a loooooooooot about the Star Wars galaxy. The letter system is called "Aurekbesh", I can read it a bit. The language used by the Galactic Republic and Empire is "Galactic Basic Standard", created 15,000 before the Battle of Yavin mainly from Human, Bothan and Huttese languages sounds exactly like modern-day English, except for a few words and phrases.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...