Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Violent video games

OniPony

I'm pretty new to being a Brony (also new to the forums so forgive me if I'm not doing this right), but aren't we supposed to all be super nice and fluffy or something? I know there are plenty of gamer Bronies, but I was just wondering if any of you are into more "child unfriendly" type games like I am. For example, one of my favorites is the Gears of War series. It's full of gore and profanity. I love it.

(Don't misunderstand me. I know that MLP isn't like some kind of a religion where I have to stop liking other stuff to be a fan. That would be bananas. But it's a show designed for little girls. I didn't know just how many people could be interested in it and still like more violent things too.)

Edited by OniPony

Being a brony doesn't mean you're not allowed to play games with gore and stuff/watch gory movies anymore. Just means you enjoy FiM and consider yourself part of the fandom.

I play TF2, Left 4 Dead 2, love DOOM, like a few gory movies, you get the idea.

i grew up playing golden-era FPS games, such as Doom, Quake, Unreal, Half-Life, etc.

so yes, i'm into those kinds of games. and i'm sure a lot of other people are, as well. we love the show, but that doesn't mean we don't like a bit of mature things, as well. ^^

• Brohoof 2

Oh yeah, I definitely still play my violent video games. Some of my favorites are Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2(Kusari-gama and Vigoorian Flail FTW) and Darksiders, as well as Devil May Cry(which really isn't violent, but has its moments). Edited by super muffin derpy506

Have any of you played this? It's hardcore. Spoilers for how brutal it is.

Posted Image

Joking aside, yes. Most of us love to kill shit in video games as much as anyone else.

• Brohoof 5

Being a brony doesn't mean you can't enjoy life!

I play plenty of violent video games. Gears of War being one of them.

Posted Image

Joking aside, yes. Most of us love to kill shit in video games as much as anyone else.

Reported for gory link
  • Brohoof 4

Posted Image

I have actually, sad thing is that I went to the bathroom when I did and there is no pause button so he moves on his own but DOESN'T find the kids.

On topic: I play games of a wide variety from gory, to kid-friendly, to just plain fantasy.

I should mention I was like 6 when I played that game though. <.<

Fallout 3 & NV is pretty violent and atleast in my top 10 games.

The Doom series is violent and awesome, if you like 90's game get doom 1 and 2 if not alteast get the third one which is from 2004 i belive. why not play them all? :D

• Brohoof 1

Fallout 3 & NV is pretty violent and atleast in my top 10 games.

The Doom series is violent and awesome, if you like 90's game get doom 1 and 2 if not alteast get the third one which is from 2004 i belive. why not play them all? :D

thiiiiiiis.

although i recommend you get the whole Classic Doom Trilogy. it's on Steam and it's p. cheap, and you get The Ultimate Doom, Doom II + The Master Levels (not really that special though, imo. The Master Levels, that is, there are waaaaay better wads for Doom II you can download for free), and Final Doom.

Doom III is a good game, all things considered. it wasn't the best or most revolutionary FPS game ever, 'specially considering how legendary the Classic Doom Trilogy is. though Doom III seems to have some awesome mods finished and coming for it, such as Classic Doom III, The Dark Mod, Phobos, and more.

but anyways, get the Classic Doom Trilogy, download a source port for it, download a couple of mods for it, and have yourself a total blast with it. also don't shy away from Doom III, it is a good game, as well, though not as great as the other ones.

sry, Doom fanboyism mode over now. continue to your daily activities now!

• Brohoof 2

Being a brony doesn't mean you're not allowed to play games with gore and stuff/watch gory movies anymore. Just means you enjoy FiM and consider yourself part of the fandom.

I play TF2, Left 4 Dead 2, love DOOM, like a few gory movies, you get the idea.

I know. It's just that some might call it crazy to be interested in such drastically different things. Anyone that knows me can tell you I have really weird taste in pretty much everything.

Posted Image

lmao that's a little hardcore for my tastes. Barney makes Dead Space look like a box of kittens.

I've played a few violent videogames: Aliens vs Predator, Geard of war trilogy, Left 4 Dead1/2, Amnesia and the Dead spaces.

Being a brony doesnt necessarily mean that you are girly and frilly, as I have told my friends. It just makes you special.

When it comes to video games in very diverse.

I'll play just about anything.

But yeah I love MLP but I also love Metal Gear and Resident evil a whole lot to. Which are pretty violent.

It's all contained to the game so there really isn't a issue in what you play.

As a couple others have mentioned, cupcakes also the iniquitous horror that is Sweet Apple Massacre.

With these in consideration, we bronies may be the most violent of all.

But in all seriousness, it's completely normal to like things from all extremes, and things in between.

Edited by Tom

Well I love violent video games myself. Like Mortal Kombat and Grand Theft Auto. I love to watch Italian Horror movies from the early 80's.

I think that Ponies with violent and cool stuff is very stupid. First, MLP FIM is supposed to be a enjoyable cartoon, not some horror story. I also hate it when people ponieze stuff like that.

• Brohoof 1