Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The S4 delay to this Winter might be related to Twilicorn

Commander_PonyShep

(edited)

i highly doubt they would scrap all their work because of the outrage from bronies. First of all, we make up a minority in the fan base. Second of all, I doubt its up to the writers. And lastly, DHX was able to make a massive amount of teenage and adult guys like My little pony, they know what there doing and i wont love or hate twilicorn until they have earned either one through the episodes.

Edited by Cloud_thunderhoof
  • Brohoof 1

But what about us bronies?  Who cares if we aren't the target audience?  We have as much of a say as to what we like and hate about the show as little girls!

Besides, the writers once worked around Hasbro's desire to sell toys, such as winged Rarity and the crystal ponies.  They'll do it again, only this time with Twilicorn!

Not all bronies hated on Alicorn Twilight though. A lot of bronies, including myself, support the decision fully.

I honestly think that the writing and general quality of the show will be better off if the writers don't try and backtrack this Alicorn thing.

You may not like it, but it happened. Alicorn Twilight is cannon.

In my opinion this was the right choice.  

• Brohoof 1

Originally, the writers probably wanted to incorporate Princess Twilicorn not only for the S4 premiere, but also the rest of the show.  Unfortunately, by the time they received all that angry feedback from bronies like myself, they had to scrap all the episodes featuring Twilicorn, and redo the S4 premiere so as to reverse Twilight's transformation into an alicorn.  How, I've yet to learn until Winter.  Regardless, they knew they couldn't show Season Four much earlier because of the way they scrapped the episodes starring Twilicorn, so that they could reverse the transformation to appease us bronies.

Unfortunately, it is going to be the harsh truth. Prepare for this...

Sure, Hasbro might of listened to us a few times. Derpy Hooves was canon but that still doesn't mean that Hasbro will be listening to us all the time. Also, what do you think will happen if Alicorn Twilight is reversed back down to her unicorn form?

Look, I know you are pretty pissed about the Twilicorn thing, but that's a physical change. Also, if Alicorn Twilight was retconned, it wouldn't be stable without a few plot holes in the continuity of the series.

I don't see why you are making a fuss. But, its official, and Hasbro will not be listening to us this time.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Unfortunately, it is going to be the harsh truth. Prepare for this...

Sure, Hasbro might of listened to us a few times. Derpy Hooves was canon but that still doesn't mean that Hasbro will be listening to us all the time. Also, what do you think will happen if Alicorn Twilight is reversed back down to her unicorn form?

Look, I know you are pretty pissed about the Twilicorn thing, but that's a physical change. Also, if Alicorn Twilight was retconned, it wouldn't be stable without a few plot holes in the continuity of the series.

I don't see why you are making a fuss. But, its official, and Hasbro will not be listening to us this time.

But in the process, they've made Twilight immortal! She will outlive all of her friends, thus rendering all of her friendship lessons meaningless! You know, like Mass Effect 3's original cut ending, when that rendered all of the players' choices in the entire Mass Effect trilogy meaningless? Edited by Commander_PonyShep

~Lawful Jordo~, on 03 Apr 2013 - 15:27, said:

Not all bronies hated on Alicorn Twilight though. A lot of bronies, including myself, support the decision fully.

The vast majority do, actually, according to just about every single poll you'll find about the issue.

That's what grinds the anti-Twilicorn gears. They're nothing but a loud vocal minority, so their narratives always try to subtly insist that somehow most bronies don't like Twilicorn, that there's some sort of "massive outrage" about the issue. They have to do this, because if everyone knew that the anti-Twilicorners comprised nothing but a miniscule group of kids kicking and screaming about their headcanon being ruined, nobody would take them seriously.

• Brohoof 1

But in the process, they've made Twilight immortal! She will outlive all of her friends, thus rendering all of her friendship lessons meaningless! You know, like Mass Effect 3's original cut ending, when that rendered all of the players' choices in the entire Mass Effect trilogy meaningless?

MLP: FIM is a kids show. I'm pretty sure that Hasbro will not let that show get that dark. Besides, even if she's an alicorn, she will still learn friendship lessons.

I think you're overlooking this, trust me, just wait for Season 4. Season 4 hasn't premiered yet. So, don't jump to conclusions.

Then why do the writers outright acknowledge us? And Hasbro, too? Why do they go to brony conventions a lot, and some of them even worked on that Brony documentary, alongside John de Lancie, the friggin' voice of Discord? Why did they even bring back Derpy for the S3 finale, when they originally intended to kill the character off after DerpyGate?

And, what about Mass Effect 3's ending? The reason why it had to be corrected was because the fans threw a large enough tantrum. The same should be said for Twilicorn; they either correct that mistake, or they'll destroy the balance of the Mane Six, thus repeating that mistake from Dragon Ball Z and Bleach, where the main-protagonist becomes an overpowered monster, while his companions are deliberately abandoned for no friggin' reason at all!

1. Hasbro was not planning on killing off derpy. That was another fan conspiracy.

2. The ME 3 ending has nothing to do with this, and is another example of fan whining causing the writers to devalue the original meaning of the story.

3. John de Lancie has always been known as a large member of fandoms for shows he's part of (especially Trek) and they go to cons for more money (you'd be hard pressed to find a 9 year old who will run a profitable convention).

The larger point is, there is no dynamic change in the Mane 6 after this. They will always be like this, no matter what happens to them.

You seem to have a severe case of unwarranted self-importance. Hasbro does not, and never will, cater exclusively to bronies. Sure, they throw us a bone here and there, but MLP will remain forever a show for young girls. Get used to it.

Also, what the hell does Mass Effect 3 have to do with any of this? You keep bringing up it's ending but I don't see any relation.

The writers may like us, but Hasbro just accepts us. That's a big difference.

Also, a lot of the bronies accept Twilicorn, they even started liking the  idea.

And even if Twi will live forever why would the friendship lessons be meaningless? She would forget them and could use her knowlege to make new friends

Well, for starters, I'd like everypony to stop hating on each other and such. I think if it doesn't stop this could escalate into a flame war.

Then the thread would be closed. Actually, disregard what I just said.

Anyway, as much as I hate to burst your bubble, there's absolutely no way what you said was true. We aren't the main target audience of this show anyway, little girls are. Twilicorn is a huge change in the show; they can't just go back and change it just like that. They wouldn't want to, and the mist of the fans wouldn't want it either. Twilight already had her big moment becoming a princess. Emotional and everything. The only reason I can think of to reverse that is because of, I dunno, legal issues. They wouldn't scrap months of work just because of us.

I think you're going to have to learn to accept Twilicorn, because she's staying for good.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Also, what the hell does Mass Effect 3 have to do with any of this? You keep bringing up it's ending but I don't see any relation.

It's supposed to be an example about how something good was "ruined".

It's a fair and hilarious comparison, because in both cases, nothing gets "ruined" except some guy's headcanon.

Edited by DusK

Hello. This thread is premised around information that hasn't been confirmed at all, and as it has degenerated into a rather heated argument concerning Twilicorn, jumping the shark, and the future of the series, it has been locked.

• Brohoof 5