Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Winter

Flutter's lover <3

As much as I love the winter.. I don't like it all that much anymore, maybe because here when winter comes it becomes life and death situation. Seriously, the snow is so thick and the blizzard.. Ugh, also in my country winter doesn't mean anything. School isn't cancelled or anything, when the winter comes you better be ready. I have almost died because of it, it's just not all that much fun.

Not to mention the snow shoveling, the car being frozen and your cold as ice yet you have to go outside and shovel. Then maybe the car gets stuck.. Let's see should I call the school and say I can't make it.. Nope, you have to save yourself. There is a reason why almost everyone drives a truck here.

Only way for me to really love the winter, is if I would just be staying at home. Sure winter can be fun at times but when you have to go to school in a weather that people elsewhere in the world would call a terrible snow storm. Is nothing to us, we just continue with our lives in a weather that could easily kill you if you don't know what you're doing.

So, unless the winter is just a little bit of snow and sun.. All that, then yeah great winter, woo hoo. It just means that you haven't experienced a real winter. Although I'll be honest, I do love the winter and it's my favorite season.. I have to be crazy to even say that, come to my country during winter.. You have to be very tough to be able to survive the winter here.

This video is one of the reasons I love the winter, it also just makes my country more beautiful with snowy mountains.. Beautiful scenery, but that beauty isn't all that great when the snow storm starts.

I guess the winter isn't all that bad, I love it but hate it at the same times.. Yet I like it.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

Man, I wish it snowed where I live - I do enjoy the rare occasion I get to travel to a snowy location in the winter. I love the cold, despise the heat; Texas weather does drop into the twenties and teens with some ice storms every so often, but almost never snow. 

I like the winter more than the summer.

Because it's far easier to use more clothes, than take your skin off... Even if htat wouldn't help with the heat, I'm just saying.

It's also far more comfortable, you go out in the really freezing cold, and then later you get home to the (still kinda cold) house, jump into the blazingly hot shower, and just "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH".

The only problem with winter is the lack of sun/vitamin D. But, I guess, we got pills for that.

Far better than:

* Hard to sleep at night because it's too damn hot
* Summer break is far too long to be true, ain't nobody got things to do for 2 full months!
* It's too hot, it's too hot, it's too hot.

• Brohoof 1

personally, i love the winter, it is my favorite season, i prefer the cold to heat anyday

also my favorite type of weather is where 

everything is bone dry, freezing cold, and everything is gray looking :3

I hate winter. In Australia, it just gets cold, it doesn't snow or anything - just boring cold.

Although, I do like rain and thunder, but that seems to happen in spring the most.

I really do love the sound of the rain on a tin roof, and the nice strange feeling of rain.

It is an un-explainable feeling of awesomeness.

I do not like wind though. I hate wind.

If it snows here this year I am so going to watch Winter Wrap Up while it is happening.^^

I like winter, i don't mind the cold and snow. its Ice I hate. it makes a mild pleasant walk a battle between life and death.

It's getting cold here, too. Today was actually the first day of the year that it went below 32ºF / 0ºC, and I don't like it. Winter is actually my least-favorite season. I don't like the cold. I have a higher tolerance for heat than I do the cold. I don't like having to wear thick jackets to keep warm as I prefer looser, less constrictive clothing.

Snow is nice, but after a while it gets annoying. I don't enjoy having to clean it, drive in it, or worry about patches of ice. It's also kinda depressing for me because the trees have lost all their leaves and the days are so much shorter. Also my favorite weather isn't around this time of year, and that would be thunderstorms. Sure, I can get some thundersnow as a consolation prize, but it's just not the same.

What do I do? I stay indoors mostly. That's another reason I don't like it. I can't go outside and enjoy it. I don't like the feeling of a cold breeze (a warm breeze is wonderful), or just the feeling of cold in general. I haven't spent really much time in the snow for fun lately, but that's probably one of the few redeeming qualities of winter for me, as well as Christmas and the fact that the cold controls the bug population.

So yeah, sorry winter fans, it's just not for me. Summer is my favorite season, with spring coming in 2nd place.

Do i like winter?

Salomon-Freeski-TV-S6E11-Not-another-GoP

Oh my god winter is the best. FREESKI. The picture above is not me, because i dont have any pictures of me freeskiing. :/ I may ask my ski-partner to make some this winter.
Overall. I mean. SNOW. You can do anything with it from simply skiing on it to helping your little cousins build a snow-cave. I LOVE winter.

I really do like winter for a lot of reasons. Winter break, the holidays, snow (when it DOES happen...it's been almost 3 years since it's snowed in my town) but I can see how it can get annoying to those who get a lot of if. Also hot chocolate, but I can drink that anytime honestly. I love cold weather as well.

Edited by Orangejack

Sweet Luna, I love the Winter. Here in Australia, any other season is too hot, especially now, while Spring is reaching 35 Celsius. It's so refreshing to have some cold weather, and to give my sunburn a chance to heal. :P

Unfortunately, I've never seen any snow here. Maybe someday I'll go somewhere where I can see the snowy weather. :c

Where I live, winter only lasts for two weeks.

But those two weeks are usually pretty happy. We're anticipating the holidays and all.

Besides, we don't get any snow. Worst things we get are frost and cold fronts.

I absolutely love the winter. Just sitting inside all warm and cozy with some comfy clothes on and a cup of coffee or hot chocolate, looking out the window while it's absolutely freezing outside or snowing is the best feeling in the world.

I also love Christmas. Just gathering and having fun with family is amazing. Watching movies inside all warm while it's cold, and occasionally going to screw around in the snow if it snows is just awesome.

Winter just fills you with a warmth and comfort that not even Summer can replace. :)

Edited by Star Streak
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Several kindred people in here, I see. Can't think of anything I don't like about winter. Shoveling snow, the snow itself (appearance, feel, etc), the unique taste of cold air, sitting comfortably with a cup of coffee by the window with the knowledge of how much nicer it is inside than out... everything about winter is delightful. Yes, I like shoveling snow. It's no more laborious than the games people play or the yard work they do during the summer. tongue.png

Snowfall can even have a soothing sound as relaxing to me as that of a thunderstorm. More pleasant to watch too. The necessity of travel in snow and ice isn't so great though. It's terribly inconvenient and people can be pretty stupid on the road even in good weather. At least that's a human failing and not a problem with the season itself. dry.png

• Brohoof 6

I actually had to brush my car off this morning! Fellow Canadians, to your bunkers!

Okay, winter isn't that bad... It's a pain in the rear, but there are a few benefits. The disappearance of the house fly is one nice thing (my mortal enemy), it's easier to adjust to the cold than it is to the blazing heat and the heavier blankets go on the bed. The one thing I hate is the horrifying traffic and bad drivers, but that's why I do my shopping in November. Usually immediately following Remembrance Day.

• Brohoof 1

I hate winter, the worst season of them all in my opinion. Why can it not be like summer? Beautiful and the nice downpour of rain. Then there is winter, the iced touch over the land, killing everything in its breath. Revolting I tell you.

I have a love hate relationship with winter. For one, it's the season where I get the longest time off from work during the year now (would like for it to be summer) so I get to spend a lot of time with family, and it is also the part of the year where most of my family's birthdays take place, including myself xD. I also have a soft spot for snow when it is clean, tho sadly it doesn't snow long enough in London. On the other hand, I despise the cold, I hate waking up freezing, and most of all I certainly don't like how daytime only lasts 6 hours in the day.

Oh, god I detest winter with the fires of a thousand suns . Where do I even fucking begin?

- getting colds

- me having to shovel fucking snow, and me having to walk to work in a blizzard.

- me having to wear so much clothing, that it weighs me down.

- birthday, god I can't stand my birthday now , now it just means I'm one year closer to 40 (cries)

- tripping/ falling on ice which I have done about six times during the course of the winter , every winter.

- did I mention shoveling? Well I'm mentioning it again, shoveling, shoveling, shoveling!!!!!

If winter never came again it'd be too fricken soon.

- birthday, god I can't stand my birthday now , now it just means I'm one year closer to 40 (cries)

It can't be that bad. Chung Le is 41 and he's still fighting in the ring like a boss :D

• Brohoof 1

I live in a tropical island xD I have NEVER felt or experienced snow in my whole life (does the frost in my fridge count?). Stupid tropics....having only two kinds of weather. Really HOT or really WET.

I don't like the winter. I really, really  dislike cold, not to mention that snow and ice is not only dangerous, but really annoying as well. You'll have to shovel the snow away before you can leave your home every single day, and the ice makes the roads so slippy. It's definitely no party to cycle or drive over a slippy road.

I'd rather have really warm/hot weather than cold weather. Cold hurts, especially when it reaches -19 degrees Celsius or lower. Warm weather is just unbearable, but that's it.