Did you like it?  

104 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Yeah, this episode stands out for me simply because it was the first episode where we got a full length, roughly 3 minute long song, and boy-howdy, was it a good one!!! "Winter Wrap Up" was easily my favorite song of the first season, as well as many other bronies from what I've seen across the fandom! Simply a spectacular song!!! :D

The first episode with a musical like song. Is a very catchy song indeed also. It was a pretty good episode as well. It was also great to learn more about Equestria.

This was just a beautiful episode. It had a great story, it had a town bass event, and it had a great song. The one thing I like best about it is that, we finally get to see an episode where Twilight is still getting used to her new home.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just finished watching season one earlier and I have to say that this was one of the best episodes so far. I really loved the song. It was so catchy and fitting as I watched it just as Christmas and Winter was ending (even though it still is ending, but yeah.).

I loved the song so much that's it's the first MLP song that I decided to download to my phone. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I feel so bad for ponyville.... not only did they completely rebuild their town from the Swarm of the Century, now they have to clean up winter. And if anypony was wondering why wasn't there snow in the last episode, it was because it takes at least 3 months of winter coolness and awesome holidays to make, "an exact replica of Ponyville" :wacko:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Winter Wrap is the first real song, or multiple voice song, because Giggle at the Ghosties was pretty good too.

it just proves even more that mlp is freakin' awesome!!!

Yes, I knew some song was going to come up and somepony was going to be awesome at singing!

Ha, as I post this "Winter Wrap Up" is stuck in my head!

• 3 weeks later...

I just rewatched this episode. I found it's when the animation started greatly improving, honestly. It's not the best episode to show to a first time watcher though, because it's mostly Twilight. (If you're looking for an episode to start out in, just watch the season 1 opener) It's a catchy tune, and the remix by The Living Tombstone is fantastic. I'm not sure where I'm going with this. I just kind of wanted to express my opinions. derpy_emoticon2.png

I have this ranked as my favorite episode, even though I don't really find it rewatchable.  It's just the perfect episode for displaying the strengths of Twilight's character, plus the concept of physically cleaning away Winter is cool.  It has my favorite song of the series, and has a perfect resolution, one that isn't too predictable, but does make perfect sense.  Also, I can relate to Twilight's dilemma of not having the easiest time finding a way to fit in.  It's just a perfect example of the series.

• 3 weeks later...

In one of my song posts, I mentioned that I liked Winter Wrap due to being in a "introductory" episode. To me Winter Wrap Up is an "introductory" episode because
-We learn a tiny bit of background about Ponyville

-we know that Twilight and Spike Hail from Canterlot, Spike is Twilight's assistant, Twilight sends letter on what she learned to the Princess, and Twilight is great magic user

-we learn core personalities traits of the main characters: Fluttershy loves animals, Rarity likes to design, Pinkie Pie is cheerful, Applejack has a farm, and Rainbow Dash is a fast pegasus

All of these traits are shown and streched in the actual introduction episodes. This episode gives us all of these points through subtle dialog. Which is an effective way of doing it.

winter wrap is definetly on my top ten list of favorite episodes, and i love the song, but i especially love the solution to twilight's predicament of fitting in and helping out the "earth pony " by having her organize the wrapping up of winter , thusly having it done on time that year.

• 2 weeks later...

This has to be one of my favorite episodes so far. I'm a musical theater boy and this fit right up my alley. The song is amazing and the story was not as predictable as I thought. I was predicting that maybe the other ponies would have accepted a little of Twilight's magic and the moral being something of a "just be yourself to fit in" kind of thing. I love the fact that I was wrong because I was getting a little tired of predicting the moral of the episode. I'm alos LOVING all of the remixes I am finding online of the song. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I will say this is the song/Episode that sealed me into the series as a fan. I started off watching it cause people bugged me about it even though i thought it was dumb. But then i watched it and started liking it but this song sealed the deal.