1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Winter Wrap Up song is just the most wonderful thing I have ever heard in a very very very very very very very long time!!!!! I wish I lived in Equestria, and also be a pony because why not?

Shoeshine_chewing_on_leaf_at_Winter_Wrap

Edited by ~Flash Brush~

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(edited)

The scene where Twilight is trying to wake the critters & ends up getting her head stuck in a wasp's nest is high on my list of 10 best scenes in the entire series.  In fact, the more I think about it, the more I think this should have been the season finale, not Best Night Ever.  (I liked that episode too, I just think this would have been a better finale)

Edited by sweetolebob18

I loved it, the song was really good ^^. It was also quite entertaining, how Twilight was failing  ^_^

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This was the first ever episode of MLP I watched. There wasn't anything cringeworthy like I had expected from the MLP franchise and the song was really good, so I stuck with the show and it grew on me after seeing more episodes.

Aside from AJ being a bit OOC in this ep, the other inconsistency is with Spike - he has a gag line when Twilight tries to first wake him up: "Mommy? You're not mommy..." but it's established later in "Cutie Mark Chronicles" that he never met his real mother - so he shouldn't know what she looks like.

There could be an unknown backstory that Celestia raised him until Twilight was old enough to care for him on her own and so he was thinking of her when he was awoken? (Perhaps such a story could be tackled in another "Amending Fences" episode-type way...)

Anyway, over time the episode has grown on me even more, mostly due to the catchy song!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh heck yeah, Winter Wrap Up. This is a fantastic episode and one of those episodes that many claim that made them a brony.

The song is legendary and probably one of the best song performances. This has like Golden Age Disney tier. I actually still have it on my mp3 player. :P

Twilights struggles to fit into this new enviroment is very well done and very realistic, to the point where you feel with her. Alot of people have been in this same situation as Twilight, where they did everything they could to fit in, but thought that they couldn't. That scene where she is on the verge of tears still gets me. :(

It also shows us further, how this world works, that they need to change the years by hand or in Canterlots case with magic. It certainly adds alot more depth into the world.

Wonderful lesson also. We might not realize it, but we all have hidden talents that we are not aware of.

Great episode. Probably one a level with Applebuck season, maybe even better.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I loved the instrumentals on the song and I loved that it showed that twilight is more than just her magic, she is an individual who is good at bringing people together to do amazing things. Fluttershy and Rarity arguing was also priceless! :love:

• 1 month later...

I couldn't help but bring this one up again, but most people really seem to only remember this episode for the song or just like it and not know why they like it. For me, it's the best episode of Season 1 (I even like it better than "Suited for Success"), and it's mainly because of how it develops Twilight, Ponyville, and the rules of Equestria very early in the show's run.

It comes along very early in Twilight's new life in Ponyville and really does a great job throwing a situation at her that would force her to adapt, figuratively making her a fish out of water thinking she's in need of some legs. It's a simple and very relatable setup for Twilight at her best. Fittingly enough for being early in the series, it also does a remarkable job of not only establishing Equestria's rules of nature as separate from our own, but also as a nation full of culturally distinct towns and cities in a manner not too different from our own that results from the rules unique to this fictional universe.

The resolution for the episode, in which Twilight organizes a disorganized event, is a welcome idealistic antidote to growing up in the culture of "shut up and take it" that looks down on problem solvers and the foreign notions of convenience and improvement. People, particularly Americans, have such a fixation on the notions and idealism of "hard work" and some sense of hopelessness and hostility towards dreamers and especially people coming in off the street to tell them how to do their job. I drew a quick comic a while back reflecting the difference between the open and accepting atmosphere in Equestria that sees the leadership potential in Twilight and the real world which would probably shoot down Twilight's advice on her lack of qualification or youth and idealism. It's very refreshing to see someone take the side of the problem solvers and the risk takers for once (although the preservation of the tradition itself can be problematic considering it's also established that there are more convenient ways to change the seasons).

• Brohoof 5

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh yes, one of my favorite episodes out of the whole season 1. Got every character, and their job right, also focused on a common problem of "feeling missed out". I absolutely loved this episode, found nothing wrong with it.

• 1 month later...

This is one of my ten favourites episodes of the series. Though, now the "Winter Wrap Up" song is kinda stuck in my head.

Winter wrap up, winter wrap up. Dammit!

This episode also seems to be matching the Winter season, which was why I was watching it today.