Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Friendship Melody - Winter Wrap Up!

Rikifive

(edited)

Mayor Mare 2.png

All right everypony, the time has finally come!

Mayor Mare 3.png

As you may know, the Winter here on MLP Forums has been lingering for over a year. Can you believe? Time flies so fast, that none of us noticed other seasons! It was Winter all the time, yet an entire year has passed!

Mayor Mare 2.png

But not this time!

Mayor Mare 3.png

It's still not too late to bring in Spring, so we need everypony's help to wrap up Winter!

Mayor Mare 2.png

And it's going to be quite a magical show this year!

Mayor Mare 1.png

Not with the unicorn magic of course, but it will surely be something to remember.
Please allow me to introduce Flowie, who has been working on something special for a while!

Flower Heart.png

Tehe! Okay everypony look what I've brought!

fm-vest.png

A sweet-colored, full of pink and yellow vest.
Makes you wonder which team it actually represents.

Flower Heart.png

Tada~! Woooo it's the epic Vest of Friendship! ..and it gives +10 bonus to friendship! I guess.
You all are going to look so adorable in it! 💜
Uh anyway, Winter in background go brrr, and we're going to wrap it up with a blast!

Flower Heart.png

A Winter wrap up without singing "Winter Wrap Up" wouldn't be a proper Winter wrap up, don't you think?
Hehe~ Don't worry, you don't have to sing, but of course I'd love to hear that if you'd be willing to!

Flower Heart.png

Just come and have fun, that's what it all is about, everything will make sense once you get there!
Now that you look so fabulous in these vests, off you go!

im-digging-it.png

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

1. Play the game. (Link at the bottom of this post)

2. Once you complete the song, screenshot your results (or take a photo with phone if you prefer)

Reference:

2023-05-01_18-05-51.png

3. The screenshot doesn't have to be perfect, but please try to capture your Completion Rate and your UID (see bottom right corner - you must be logged on the forums to get your UID) in the screenshot, so that these two are at least somewhat legible.

4. Make a post in this topic and attach your screenshot. Please do not hide them in spoilers, it will be much easier for me to give badges if you'll post them as is, making your entries visible.

5. Please ensure the attachment / image remains intact until the end of the event, as I'll be going through posts and giving out badges on event's conclusion.

That's all you need to do to get the badge. Otherwise, you're welcome to have a chat here and share more of your scores!

To view more details about this event, please head to Announcement Topic.

Instructions explaining how to play are in the Game Page.

If you bump into any problems, you can always poke me here.

Remember, there's no score requirement, so take it easy.

I hope you'll have fun!

CLICK THE BANNER TO GO TO GAME PAGE

fm_banner.png

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 8

10 minutes ago, Sir Hugsalot said:

Time to prove once and for all that I'm a pro and get 100% in this! 

Oh I want to see this. :Daydreaming: Prove it. :sneer:

• Brohoof 3

Rikifive
This post was recognized by Rikifive!

"Thank you for participating!"

Sir Hugsalot was awarded the badge 'Friendship Melody - Winter Wrap Up'

4 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

Oh I want to see this. :Daydreaming: Prove it. :sneer:

I had my 100% run all nailed, but the recording got corrupted. Hate when that happens. Anyway, here's my training run, that I did just to warm up my fingers before the 100% one that totally happened!

score.thumb.png.b8efe70ad75e37cdbc3df229564e5704.png

• Brohoof 4

@Sir Hugsalot If you have troubles, make sure you're recording in .jpg format. This is the most reliable video format there ever was. :Daydreaming:

Not bad, not bad- because it literally says "good" :toldya: You're making progress. :lookup:

• Brohoof 2

Rikifive

Deae Rising Shine~ was awarded the badge 'Friendship Melody - Winter Wrap Up'

Weirdly it didnt worked at all first try, not eve  recognize me tapping or holding at all. smh on 2nd try and then mid on it chatting and then resumed it suddenly worked fine so restarted. but geez, im too old to get good, so i mostly ended up concentrating on 2-4, not all

image.thumb.png.1963e1289af2edb1a54f3e6f3ccaef12.png

couldnt get a screen without the tap to resume immediatly popping everytime. 22135 is score

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

@Deae Rising Shine~ Hmm.. that's weird indeed. It was tested on some phones and there were no issues reported on touch input. Sorry for inconvenience. fluttercry.png

Oooh right, this might be an issue. I'll try to address that later, by preventing the game from pausing on losing focus in that screen.

Either way, the score is just score, Completion Rate is the more meaningful form of score, at least it didn't cover that. Thanks for playing! :catface:

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 3

keys and keyboard. no matter how often i tapped or hold at right moment it only showed miss, nit even misstap, only miss as if nothing was even pressed on keyboard. I don't even know how it fixed itself XD

• Brohoof 3

That's really weird. Perhaps the game wasn't in focus, because one has to click on the game for it to register input. But if it wasn't in focus, then it should pause. This is mindblowing, but yeah, all these devices and browsers behave differently. I had so many problems patching it over and over again during development to support more and more browsers. Browser games are a pain. :P 

• Brohoof 2

Rikifive

Nitobit was awarded the badge 'Friendship Melody - Winter Wrap Up'

I will get better at it :mlp_lie:

good.thumb.png.56328f9c8dbab84cd3b9fe04e092438c.png

• Brohoof 3

Rikifive

Lightwing was awarded the badge 'Friendship Melody - Winter Wrap Up'

Switched keys around, decided I would screenshot my first try, no matter what. Seems like I am alright at this stuff :crackle:

image.thumb.png.aa1b469435e0ea9d202664b7a3d3ee54.png

...Also, I know what inspired this very game, @Rikifive! You can't escape from my ever seeing eye.

It was Dance Dance Revolution, wasn't it???

• Brohoof 3

@Deae Rising Shine~ The game sucking? :ButtercupLaugh:Was it that bad? :ButtercupLaugh:I know right? That's so cool and there are so many options! :ticking:

@Pandora That's a nice score honestly! First tries are going to be difficult, so it's a nice performance. :BrightMacContent:

@Nitobit You're supposed to catch the notes, not dodge them.

robbielol.gif

But that's pretty nice, spamming so hard and not bumping into any - can you do more mistaps? e-eyeswoke.png

@Lightwing GREAT! indeed! Very nice. :darling:

And that's where you got some experience at this kind of games, huh? :Daydreaming: Yeah, it in fact, was inspired by that. I just wanted to challenge myself to make something I have never worked on before, and this came to my mind - a rhythm game inspired by something I enjoyed, unlike other 99% events in Genshin. e-twiwth.png

• Brohoof 3

Rikifive

Trot Shuffle was awarded the badge 'Friendship Melody - Winter Wrap Up'

Nooo I got so close to 55.55%!!

and it appears I have discovered that my fingers on my right hand are incredibly slow compared to my left :mlp_icwudt:

Capture3.png

• Brohoof 5

@Trot Shuffle e-flutterwoo.png woo that would have been nice.

Maybe this is an opportunity to train right hand :P 

I have pushed an update - the results screen should no longer pause ("tap to resume") on losing focus. I hope I didn't break anything on the way lol.

• Brohoof 1

30 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

@Deae Rising Shine~ The game sucking? :ButtercupLaugh:Was it that bad? :ButtercupLaugh:I know right? That's so cool and there are so many options! :ticking:

@Pandora That's a nice score honestly! First tries are going to be difficult, so it's a nice performance. :BrightMacContent:

robbielol.gif

But that's pretty nice, spamming so hard and not bumping into any - can you do more mistaps? e-eyeswoke.png

And that's where you got some experience at this kind of games, huh? :Daydreaming: Yeah, it in fact, was inspired by that. I just wanted to challenge myself to make something I have never worked on before, and this came to my mind - a rhythm game inspired by something I enjoyed, unlike other 99% events in Genshin. e-twiwth.png

nononono, me sucking at it, should worded it better:sunny:

• Brohoof 1

31 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

robbielol.gif

image.thumb.png.b4c1ecf2fff9a8cf1da0f53e874b6035.png
happier with this one <3 i dont use my pc for gaming or anything since i'm used to controller.. this was hard but so much fun
! :D thanks riki now off to bed i must go

• Brohoof 3

23 minutes ago, Deae Rising Shine~ said:

nononono, me sucking at it, should worded it better:sunny:

Aww no worries, that's not what I meant. :BrightMacContent:I was just being mischievous. :P

28 minutes ago, Pandora said:

Oh yes, that's a very nice score! :D Thank you so much for playing! e-BARBARA_LOVE.png Nini! c:

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
Rikifive

Old Accnt. was awarded the badge 'Friendship Melody - Winter Wrap Up'

nice game got my training in i should give this a proper try laterScreenshot_20230501_224020_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0569d1b2ec76318c85a14c2341844434.jpg

Edited by Luna Velvet
made my words more clear
  • Brohoof 1