Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The S4 delay to this Winter might be related to Twilicorn

Commander_PonyShep

Originally, the writers probably wanted to incorporate Princess Twilicorn not only for the S4 premiere, but also the rest of the show.  Unfortunately, by the time they received all that angry feedback from bronies like myself, they had to scrap all the episodes featuring Twilicorn, and redo the S4 premiere so as to reverse Twilight's transformation into an alicorn.  How, I've yet to learn until Winter.  Regardless, they knew they couldn't show Season Four much earlier because of the way they scrapped the episodes starring Twilicorn, so that they could reverse the transformation to appease us bronies.

Hasbro wants purple pony princess main character. Hasbro WILL have and keep Purple Pony Princess Main Character, it is not up to the writers.

• Brohoof 6

Hasbro wants purple pony princess main character. Hasbro WILL have and keep Purple Pony Princess Main Character, it is not up to the writers.

But what about us bronies?  Who cares if we aren't the target audience?  We have as much of a say as to what we like and hate about the show as little girls!

Besides, the writers once worked around Hasbro's desire to sell toys, such as winged Rarity and the crystal ponies.  They'll do it again, only this time with Twilicorn!

(edited)

No. Us bronies tend to have an over-inflated view of self-importance, but even today we're still in the minority when it comes to the amount of money we're making Hasbro. Whatever reason they have for delaying the season for so long is certainly not relevant to Twilicorn.

These types of fan blowups happen all the time in other fandoms, and they rarely if ever cause any actual damage to the show. Hasbro and the people in charge of Friendship is Magic have been in the business for a while, so they know not to be intimidated by any misstep. Besides, if you look around, the furor regarding Alicorn Twilight has receded. So it wouldn't make much sense to have a knee-jerk response to a knee-jerk reaction.

In short, yeeaahno.

And this whole explanation is all assuming that you're being serious. If not, than carry on.

Edited by Jadefire

(edited)

No. Us bronies tend to have an over-inflated view of self-importance, but even today we're still in the minority when it comes to the amount of money we're making Hasbro. Whatever reason they have for delaying the season for so long is certainly not relevant to Twilicorn.

These types of fan blowups happen all the time in other fandoms, and they rarely if ever cause any actual damage to the show. Hasbro and the people in charge of Friendship is Magic have been in the business for a while, so they know not to be intimidated by any misstep. Besides, if you look around, the furor regarding Alicorn Twilight has receded. So it wouldn't make much sense to have a knee-jerk response to a knee-jerk reaction.

In short, yeeaahno.

And this whole explanation is all assuming that you're being serious.

Then why do the writers outright acknowledge us?  And Hasbro, too?  Why do they go to brony conventions a lot, and some of them even worked on that Brony documentary, alongside John de Lancie, the friggin' voice of Discord?  Why did they even bring back Derpy for the S3 finale, when they originally intended to kill the character off after DerpyGate?

And, what about Mass Effect 3's ending?  The reason why it had to be corrected was because the fans threw a large enough tantrum.  The same should be said for Twilicorn; they either correct that mistake, or they'll destroy the balance of the Mane Six, thus repeating that mistake from Dragon Ball Z and Bleach, where the main-protagonist becomes an overpowered monster, while his companions are deliberately abandoned for no friggin' reason at all!

Edited by Commander_PonyShep
  • Brohoof 1

Then why do the writers outright acknowledge us?  And Hasbro, too?  Why do they go to brony conventions a lot, and some of them even worked on that Brony documentary, alongside John de Lancie, the friggin' voice of Discord?  Why did they even bring back Derpy for the S3 finale, when they originally intended to kill the character off after DerpyGate?

And, what about Mass Effect 3's ending?  The reason why it had to be corrected was because the fans threw a large enough tantrum.  The same should be said for Twilicorn; they either correct that mistake, or they'll destroy the balance of the Mane Six, thus repeating that mistake from Dragon Ball Z and Bleach, where the main-protagonist becomes an overpowered monster, while his companions are deliberately abandoned for no friggin' reason at all!

DerpyGate? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Don't call everything (insertcontroversyhere)Gate.

Also, you're the only one who thinks some kind of balance was being thrown off.

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to know where you're getting this information. I'm pretty doubtful that they'd scrap a season of work to placate complainers.

I'd like to know where you're getting this information. I'm pretty doubtful that they'd scrap a season of work to placate complainers.

It's just a rumor, one I hope to sweet Holy Celestia that it's true.  I also came up with it as a coping mechanism to help me get over Princess Twilicorn, much like the Indoctrination Theory from Mass Effect 3.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I'm calling bullsh*t on this one.

No way would Hasbro scrap an entire season just to "appease" the crazy fanbase. I want proof on this before I start believing anything.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

HahahahahahaNO.

First off, I'm pretty certain they wouldn't "scrap all the episodes featuring Twilicorn" just because of the whiny outcry of a few of the bronies.

Ever consider that making twice as many episodes as the last season might take a wee bit longer? Yeah.

Also (this is just a theory), if I remember correctly, the Hub originally ordered two and a half seasons from DHX, so they might not have been notified about making a fourth season until a bit later than normal. That's just a theory, though, so don't take my word for it. :L

Edited by MatrixChicken
  • Brohoof 3

Sorry, but... I still don't get where you started thinking that bronies should always be listened to and that the show should be entirely catered to them. If there's anyone insulting anything here it's you.

Sorry, just sorry. Bring real, valid arguments instead of your daily rant against anything Twilicorn and we'll talk like normal people...

Don't you even realize what both the writers and Hasbro did?

They made Twilight immortal, thus forcing her to outlive all of her friends, thus rendering all the friendship lessons she learned meaningless!  It's like Mass Effect 3's original-cut ending, which rendered all of the players' choices in the entire Mass Effect trilogy completely meaningless, too!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's just a rumor, one I hope to sweet Holy Celestia that it's true.  I also came up with it as a coping mechanism to help me get over Princess Twilicorn, much like the Indoctrination Theory from Mass Effect 3.

Just a rumor, eh? That's kinda what I figured, given how baseless the assumption is.

Doesn't shock me that you didn't like ME3's ending, either. ME3 haters and Twilicorn haters all seem like one and the same kinds of people. They all seem to have a sort of "less Philip K. Dick, more Stephenie Meyer" attitude.

Developing characters. Scariest of scary concepts, apparently.

Edited by DusK

Then why do the writers outright acknowledge us?  And Hasbro, too?

this is my opinion:

The writers like us Bronies since they are proud that they are part of something that broke gender barriers (IE Only girls are allowed to like technicolor ponies) and turned out to be a smashing success. Hasbro doesn't care about the fandom like the writers do. If anything Hasbro sees us as walking dollar bill signs.

It's just a rumor, one I hope to sweet Holy Celestia that it's true.

I heard a rumor that the world was going to end. There is a reason as to why season 4 was delayed but I personally dont know all the details.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Don't you even realize what both the writers and Hasbro did?

They made Twilight immortal, thus forcing her to outlive all of her friends, thus rendering all the friendship lessons she learned meaningless!  It's like Mass Effect 3's original-cut ending, which rendered all of the players' choices in the entire Mass Effect trilogy completely meaningless, too!

._.

Where is it confirmed that Twilight is going to outlive her friends? I'd like a link to the article; it sounds like an interesting read!

Seriously, though. All sarcasm aside, what makes you think that?

I think this thread should be locked soon... Before it turns into an all-out flame war. (It already kinda is.)

Another thing I'd like to reiterate from my previous post is: I personally don't think season 4 has been "delayed" at all... It's just taking longer to make, as it's 26 episodes long.

Edited by MatrixChicken

Again, let's not forget about Twilight's new immortality.  She's going to outlive her friends and live her eternal life lonely and isolated.  In other words, the writers rendered all of Twilight's friendship lessons completely meaningless, just like the ending to Mass Effect 3 with every player's choices throughout the Mass Effect trilogy!

"A Ponyshep thread?  I can't see the full name on the recent topics list, but I bet it's about Twilicorn somehow."

*click*

Welp, that's all I needed to know.

• Brohoof 2

You do realize that Littlest Pet Shop is delayed until winter too right? Do you think it's because the Littlest Pet Shop fanbase is outraged by the most recent episode, so the Littlest Pet Shop staff tossed season 2 right out the window and started over to make the wittle fans happy? 

Seriously, stop making anti-twilicorn threads. it's getting old...

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I like how you're making a massive deal about Twilight's alleged "immortality." Double-standard check: Did you have any issues with another allegedly "immortal" princess marrying a mortal unicorn?

Cause really, it sounds like this whole "I'm mad because Twilight's immortal" thing sounds like a facade argument for why you're really angry about Twilicorn.

Edited by DusK

I find that hard to believe. The Season 4 delay to this winter is basically, so the writers can have enough time writing episodes for Season 4 itself. It can't be because of one change that they did to Twilight, it wouldn't make any sense.

Other then planning future episodes with Twilicorn or editing the opening and replace Unicorn Twilight with Alicorn Twilight.

So I see no delay relating to Twilight's transformation, at all.

Here we go again..

This is silly and I'm very certain Season 4 will pick up where we left off.

..and here I thought this was a April Fools thread.

(edited)

Commander: Twilight is immortal and will outlive her friends.

Me: Where did you get that information?

Commander: Let's not forget that Twilight is immortal and will outlive her friends.

xD

...I'm sorry, I just find that to be hilarious! :lol:

Edited by MatrixChicken
  • Brohoof 6

In other words, you (and perhaps every other brony on the Internet) had lost faith in My Little Pony, and believed the show jumped the shark?  Right?

Well, if that's the case... then all of you suck for insulting one of your own favorite shows!  You are disgraces to all bronies, who are perhaps disgraces in and of themselves by now.  Why should I believe you when you want to spit on yourselves for "not being the target audience"?

Are you ignoring the fact that everyone is saying you're overreacting and that Hasbro did NOT jump the shark?

Please take the time to read the posts you're replying to.

• Brohoof 1

You do realize that Littlest Pet Shop is delayed until winter too right? Do you think it's because the Littlest Pet Shop fanbase is outraged by the most recent episode, so the Littlest Pet Shop staff tossed season 2 right out the window and started over to make the wittle fans happy? 

Seriously, stop making anti-twilicorn threads. it's getting old...

I love you, enough said. I dunno, for me it was like...bad and I was kind of pissed, but then I look at it...meh...who cares. Lets just leave. =3