Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Princess Twilight dealing with stress?

Tia Is Best Pony

let me first state i am indiffernt to twilicorn i realy realy could care less. but if you over anylize the show like me think about this twilight cant deal with stress at all and being a princess would be stressfull so.... like are we just kinda like "fuck logic" or what

• Brohoof 1

Princess is just a title. I doubt that in practical terms Twilight's title will amount to much. Sure, she'll have authority should she need it, but everyone's still going to expect Celestia to be the one who runs the country. Twilight's sphere is probably going to be doing high-level research and keeping the various scholars of magic organized. Stuff she's actually good at and would want to do. She can probably handle the occasional ribbon-cutting ceremony or symbolic attendance of [insert event here] without too much trouble.

that last episode made no sense to me. what about her friendship reports? and aren't there lessons to be learned? what if she doesn't have time for her friends? it is going to tear the show away by chip by cip. i am against twilight being an alicorn. in the mane 6 ponies; there are two flyers (Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy), two normal ponies (Applejack and Pinkie Pie) and two unicorns (Twilight Sparkle and Rarity). its going to odd out the evens. Spike? and what region would twilight be ruling? ponyville? Princess Celestia and Luna rule all Equestria; on the other hand, Candence and Shining Armor rule or take care of the Crystal Empire. Theres no big region for twilight to rule. i am against this and i think in season 4. it should be twilight waking uo from a dream of her being a princess. I DO NOT LIKE THE SEASON FINALE.

(edited)

I respect your feelings. I disagree, but you are entitled to them. My feelings on the subject can be best summed up in this video I just found. The other point I'll make is that the plan all along was to make her a princess. This is a fact.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=rN1XTHHGE6c&feature=youtu.be&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DrN1XTHHGE6c%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

Edited by Nature Spell
  • Brohoof 2

that last episode made no sense to me. what about her friendship reports? and aren't there lessons to be learned? what if she doesn't have time for her friends? it is going to tear the show away by chip by cip. i am against twilight being an alicorn. in the mane 6 ponies; there are two flyers (Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy), two normal ponies (Applejack and Pinkie Pie) and two unicorns (Twilight Sparkle and Rarity). its going to odd out the evens. Spike? and what region would twilight be ruling? ponyville? Princess Celestia and Luna rule all Equestria; on the other hand, Candence and Shining Armor rule or take care of the Crystal Empire. Theres no big region for twilight to rule. i am against this and i think in season 4. it should be twilight waking uo from a dream of her being a princess. I DO NOT LIKE THE SEASON FINALE.

Dude, she's only been an alicorn for all of 5 minutes on screen, if you're going to claim to abandon faith in the show prematurely, then you might as well act the part and leave the fandom.

Every single one of your complaints here basically amounts to the assumption that she's not going to be able to maintain her friendship in the way she did before, which is stupid because it completely contradicts the show's main message.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, I know that there are worse ways to become an alicorn, like this:

and this:

So, overall, this twilight became an alicorn in a pretty legit way, but I can only say no to princess Twilicorn.

Anyway, when I first saw Twilicorn, I thought that the fandom had just died. So Twilicorn gets a big, fat no from me.

Edited by stainesbrony

While Twilight has greatly improved in her ability to deal with stress she still has severe OCD like tendencies and is prone to the occasion freak out though we haven't seen one in quite some time and I hope we see one in season 4 because it might help prevent her from going Mary Sue on us by showing that though she has come a long way she is still not perfect. Of course we don't know what her responsibilities are going to be as a princess but if they do this right she will probably be gradually eased into it.

I agree with the first post. Princess is only her title, I doubt she will actually have to go away and live in Canterlot or complete royal duties as such. Although, I did read this fanfic, when they are older, and everything has changed, and Twilight has now taken over the role of Celestia and Luna... Dunno how that's possible but.. It was a fanfic, so.. Yeah.

(edited)

I guess I'm one of the weird ones that actually liked the finale, and the message it sent. Twilight became a princess because she proved that she truly understood nobility. By using her talent to help others and proving that she really grasped the nature of friendship, she showed that she was worthy of leading. "Games Ponies Play" also showed that she's becoming better at dealing with stress, vis a vis the little deep breath trick she learned from Cadance. Twilight is ready to take the first steps into real leadership, and I'm honestly quite excited to see where the show goes now. All I know is that her friends were integral in getting her to where she is now, and will undoubtedly remain so when she's faced with the challenges of leadership.

I also love the moral we get out of Twilight's coronation. It's really cool that princesshood has to be EARNED, not inherited. I think it sends a positive message that being a princess is more than pretty dresses and getting everything you want. In Equestria, the princesses must understand that leadership means selflessly giving and caring for those under you, while having the wisdom and courage to deal with tough decisions. And that's a lesson that everyone, not just princess-obsessed little girls, can stand to learn.

Edited by Legatus Equus
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

I guess I'm one of the weird ones that actually liked the finale, and the message it sent. Twilight became a princess because she proved that she truly understood nobility. By using her talent to help others and proving that she really grasped the nature of friendship, she showed that she was worthy of leading. "Games Ponies Play" also showed that she's becoming better at dealing with stress, vis a vis the little deep breath trick she learned from Cadance. Twilight is ready to take the first steps into real leadership, and I'm honestly quite excited to see where the show goes now. All I know is that her friends were integral in getting her to where she is now, and will undoubtedly remain so when she's faced with the challenges of leadership.

I also love the moral we get out of Twilight's coronation. It's really cool that princesshood has to be EARNED, not inherited. I think it sends a positive message that being a princess is more than pretty dresses and getting everything you want. In Equestria, the princesses must understand that leadership means selflessly giving and caring for those under you, while having the wisdom and courage to deal with tough decisions. And that's a lesson that everyone, not just princess-obsessed little girls, can stand to learn.

Very well said on all accounts and you're not the only pony who approves of our new princess. I think people over state Twilight's OCD and honestly characters that don't improve and grow are boring. People also have an almost pathological fear of Mary Sue, but should also fear gimicks and characters who are one or two trick ponies. :-)

The fact that you must earn a princessship is, as you said, a really unique and attractive storyline. I'd also strongly argue that Twilight earned the title if you look at the whole series.

Edited by Nature Spell

A lot of people liked it. In a pole quite a lot listed it as their favorite episode of the season. Its just that it was surrounded in controversy. To be honest I think its one of the most complex episodes if not the most complex episode we have ever had. There's so much tying into and completing themes that have ran through the essence of the show. Heck just elaborating on the relationship between the ponies and the Elements of Harmony is crazy complex and it needs to be as it is the reason for the problem and the solution. Writting a full review with planned visual components is taking a long time, because it is so densely packed with auditory and visual info which ties into and displays continuity and thematic content/symbolism.  Of course like all episodes there are some or many that dislike it for various reasons.

While she might be the princess of friendship, she might still be in Ponyville. Of course could occassionly to make their friendship around Equestria. She could be show less or her friends might. I hope for neither of those options. Really the show would probably go down hill if either one of those. I'll probably quit watching the show, but only time can tell, though.

(edited)

Through her actions she has beend eemed worthy of being a princess. She learned from her mistakes, and grew as a pony. She CAN deal with stress, and has a better hold of her self when dealing with it too. With all of the traits and qualities celestia as demonstrated to her, and helped her achieve I feel she will be fine as princess.

Will she be perfect? No. Luna wasn't and Celestia was not perfect. And what Luna did was far worse than anything Twilight has done. And it was over a small misunderstanding. So i feel she will be fine.

Edited by Hayzelestia