General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

I can foresee myself having to do extensive research on the interchange in question, and constructing theoretical complete interchanges given what constraints there would be. That'd be an all-nighter. 0_x

The main problem would be right-of-way, considering that there are many businesses around this interchange. What makes it more difficult is that the highway running West-East is a viaduct, so you can't just create a ramp from the grassy area that doesn't exist next to the freeway. This interchange is asking to be a cloverleaf interchange. It would require the short right-turn ramps to be removed however so that a "loop" ramp could be wedged inside of it. I could go on and on :P.

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

Sig by Wolf, Handwriting by SparklingSwirls

The main problem would be right-of-way, considering that there are many businesses around this interchange. What makes it more difficult is that the highway running West-East is a viaduct, so you can't just create a ramp from the grassy area that doesn't exist next to the freeway. This interchange is asking to be a cloverleaf interchange. It would require the short right-turn ramps to be removed however so that a "loop" ramp could be wedged inside of it.

Oh wow. I just saw what I'm looking at in Google Maps, and I can see the space crunch already. It's already really more complicated than I thought because you also have all those frontage roads crisscrossing alongside the freeway.

a0AgWVX.png

<>

Oh wow. I just saw what I'm looking at in Google Maps, and I can see the space crunch already. It's already really more complicated than I thought because you also have all those frontage roads crisscrossing alongside the freeway.

There was one freeway down South (Mopac and 290) with the same issue. Although that interchange "is complete", there are still 4 directions of travel that aren't possible because of the current configuration.

With this interchange, I would simply create a loop to go from North 35 to North 183 since there are no obstructions in the way (except some businesses, but I'm sure TxDot could buy the land and hopefully not toll the dam project >_>), remove that giant ramp, and this would enable 2 more loops and 2 more short ramps to be created. The remaining short ramp would be removed, and in the meantime, anyone wishing to travel South 35 from South 183 could take the other 3 loops once those are completed, while they build the 4th where the short ramp would currently be. It's not quite easy to explain with all the proper terminology left out of my explanations :wacko:.

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

Sig by Wolf, Handwriting by SparklingSwirls

Hah. Reminds me of this.

I actually tried to reconstruct one of those, by the way.

It's not quite easy to explain with all the proper terminology left out of my explanations .

Where I come from, I speak in a language (it may as well be) called NAMlish. Here, we name each and every height level, have a distinction between highways with separable and combined medians, and even name ramps by what angle the branch comes off from the mainline (we also call the ramp road thingie MIS, the ramp where the MIS splits off the Ramp Interface, the highway the mainline, and the MIS-y part the branch) and whether or not it's involved with an acceleration or decell, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Also, highways, freeways, expressways, beltways, interstates, and the like are collectively called highways.

I'd just name the ramp thingies by what direction they're going, like north-east, east-north, north-west, west-north, etc.

a0AgWVX.png

<>

So... what happened? Did an unfortunate driver threaten to kill you?

I forgot what happened, but I think I didn't get the interchange offramps and onramps right. I was trying to build the Zero-Choice Interchange.

a0AgWVX.png

<>

Jesus all the other forums I try to go to suck for chat threads.

Stuck here again.

i love you all really

Yep, I know the feeling. It's hard to find a good forum with a good chat thread.

AluKfrD.png

Tumblr

Hey everyone, what's up? I have to work today, but yeah.

I just woke up a little bit ago, and my body still isn't fully awake yet! Gah.

siggeh163.png

I'm a COLT/STALLION, not a filly/mare. Just because I have a round muzzle does not mean I'm female. Remember that. =3

Signature made by me, vectors in signature and avatar also made by me.

So I woke up from a dream where I was learning, of all things, French, and the one thing I remebmber orally was explaining to someone that quattuor was Latin for four, and that it corresponded to a bajillion variants found in the bajillion Romance languages in the world.

What's everyone else doing?

Hey everyone, what's up?

Waking up?

a0AgWVX.png

<>

(edited)

Yep, I know the feeling. It's hard to find a good forum with a good chat thread.

I know that feel, too many other forums are practically cultish, I just wanna shoot the shit,

up to and including venting, posting random stuff, or even being offensive. I haven't found a decent forum (that's active)

this whole year aside from here. Crazy.

Edited by Gamer Twilight

sig-18793.ComicConReviews.png

@@Jadefire

I'm pretty sure a sweet-ass car is different than a sweet ass-car.

Though I'm pretty sure if you move the hyphen in a sentence, or any punctuation, for that matter, you change the meaning of the sentence entirely.

You should try mispernurncing words. Or better yet, use obscure spelling rules of English to produce needlessly long words, so insteed of eating potato-chips, you would be eating-ghoughpteighbteau tchoghs.

• Brohoof 1

a0AgWVX.png

<>

(edited)

Why can't we have sweet asses and sweet cars?

A two fer one special.

I like the way you think.

Because you can't drive one and you can't eat the other without puking?

Wait, do you want a sugar-coated donkey-based automobile?

Question to you guys: does it sound like as though this song and this song can be merged together? Because to me it sounds like it.

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

a0AgWVX.png

<>