General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Just find something that puts you in a good mood, and you'll stop berating yourself.

not sure what to do. i played Doom twice today. it worked at first, but at the second time i was frustrated as fuck and hyperventilating. there's no one interesting to talk to on Skype about these things, Fissy isn't on...

surprisingly enough, visualizing extremely rough audio-visuals in my head while listening to music helps to get out all of these "fuck everything" thoughts, so i guess that works out.

I went to sleep at 4 am, and for some reason I woke up at 10. How did I not sleep until 1 pm? The last time I only got six hours of sleep I couldn't function.

i think it's because of my pillows. they are dumb, and i am dumb and only sleeping with 2 pillows, when everyone else i've met use like 4 or so. i can't sleep with 4 in my bed, though, so that's a problem.

For the record, I only have one pillow, and most people I know only have one pillow. You must live in some strange place where people horde pillows (Is it Sweden? I remember you mentioning something about Sweden once).

• Brohoof 2

For the record, I only have one pillow, and most people I know only have one pillow. You must live in some strange place where people horde pillows (Is it Sweden? I remember you mentioning something about Sweden once).

yeah, i live in Sweden. everyone's bed here except mine has more than 2 pillows. i can't use just 1 pillow myself, though. it's too low and would cause me horrible neck pains.
  • Brohoof 1

yeah, i live in Sweden. everyone's bed here except mine has more than 2 pillows. i can't use just 1 pillow myself, though. it's too low and would cause me horrible neck pains.

All pillows in Sweden must be anorexic then, if you need 4 to adequately support your head and neck.

I've found that I can sleep perfectly fine with no head support whatsoever, though. I've slept on my friend's carpeted floor with nothing but a sheet over me once...

• Brohoof 1

I've found that I can sleep perfectly fine with no head support whatsoever, though. I've slept on my friend's carpeted floor with nothing but a sheet over me once...

I surround myself with pillows and blankets. It's like building a small soft prison cell... or something else like that if you get what I'm saying.

• Brohoof 1

I surround myself with pillows and blankets. It's like building a small soft prison cell... or something else like that if you get what I'm saying.

Reminds me of when I'd make forts out of the sofa cushions at my old house.

I sleep with 3 pillows. however I also sleep with 3 blankets with my window open and my fan on. Logic doesn't apply here, it's just my habit.

i think it's because of my pillows. they are dumb, and i am dumb and only sleeping with 2 pillows, when everyone else i've met use like 4 or so. i can't sleep with 4 in my bed, though, so that's a problem.

I sleep with only one pillow at any given time. Just like Bluetrace, Ive also slept without anything before. I actually do it quite often due to me falling asleep on my floor after staying up late gaming, getting bored of the console, then laying down while on my computer and passing out.

not sure what to do. i played Doom twice today. it worked at first, but at the second time i was frustrated as fuck and hyperventilating. there's no one interesting to talk to on Skype about these things, Fissy isn't on...

surprisingly enough, visualizing extremely rough audio-visuals in my head while listening to music helps to get out all of these "fuck everything" thoughts, so i guess that works out.

DooM didn't help at all? Thats odd. I really wanna play that game again now. I miss all the havoc and chaos it has in it.

Visualizing audio-visuals? Like the little wavelength thing some people put in their music videos? Did not know one could visualize those.

I, too, also only have one pillow.

Same for me.

I sleep on my floor every so often when I game all night, get bored of gaming, switch to my computer still laying in the floor, and pass out right there.

Edited by Hven

I sleep with only one pillow at any given time. Just like Bluetrace, Ive also slept without anything before. I actually do it quite often due to me falling asleep on my floor after staying up late gaming, getting bored of the console, then laying down while on my computer and passing out.

DooM didn't help at all? Thats odd. I really wanna play that game again now. I miss all the havoc and chaos it has in it.

Visualizing audio-visuals? Like the little wavelength thing some people put in their music videos? Did not know one could visualize those.

i actually rest in a lot of weird positions throughout the day: leaning towards a pole inside the train, with my head down on my lap when i'm in the bathroom at the school, in my classroom in front of the computer, in the bathtub... i just can't seem to do that when i'm trying to get a long, decent sleep, though.

well, it helped at first, but the other time, i was furiously frustrated playing it. probably because i was playing a piss-hard mapset on the hardest difficulty setting (not counting Nightmare!, that's unfair beyond belief). you should play it again, it's got tons of mods dating all the way back to when it was first released.

no, more like music-videos kinda things. abstract visualizations fitting in to the tempo and mood of the song. it fit well when you're playing some rough stuff that involves death and shit.

i actually rest in a lot of weird positions throughout the day: leaning towards a pole inside the train, with my head down on my lap when i'm in the bathroom at the school, in my classroom in front of the computer, in the bathtub... i just can't seem to do that when i'm trying to get a long, decent sleep, though.

well, it helped at first, but the other time, i was furiously frustrated playing it. probably because i was playing a piss-hard mapset on the hardest difficulty setting (not counting Nightmare!, that's unfair beyond belief). you should play it again, it's got tons of mods dating all the way back to when it was first released.

no, more like music-videos kinda things. abstract visualizations fitting in to the tempo and mood of the song. it fit well when you're playing some rough stuff that involves death and shit.

I don't get to rest in super weird positions cause I never have to be in weird positions. I think the most odd position ive rested in was standing up cause my teacher made me stand up for sleeping and hold some books. Other than that its been mostly sleeping in chairs, desks and other non weird places.

I love playing on Hurt Me Plenty. Its all I play on. Nightmare is a bitch among bitches of difficulties. Fucking respawing enemies and shit. I still need to get it for steam. I got it on Xbox and I had a trilogy CD for it, but my freaking mom lost it. I have a really odd feeling that Ive talked to you about this a long time ago when I was Kirby...

Can you add mods to the one for Steam? Im guessing so since TF2 allows it.

Oooh, thats one hell of an imagination then. Ive never really done anything like that.

The only thing that has put an image in my head vividly was this binaural beats thing I was trying to see if it really could give some sort of a high or just put an image/feeling in me. It actually painted a destroyed world in my head complete with dispair, agony, and loss. I didn't listen to the whole thing...

I love playing on Hurt Me Plenty. Its all I play on. Nightmare is a bitch among bitches of difficulties. Fucking respawing enemies and shit. I still need to get it for steam. I got it on Xbox and I had a trilogy CD for it, but my freaking mom lost it. I have a really odd feeling that Ive talked to you about this a long time ago when I was Kirby...

Can you add mods to the one for Steam? Im guessing so since TF2 allows it.

if you want to play mods, you'd want to get a source-port, first. i recommend getting GZDoom. it's what i use and it's by far the best i've come across. excellent freelook controls, a whole armada of customizable controls and shit (like enabling shaders for dynamic lights), and some really cool mods. ever heard of Brutal Doom?

• Brohoof 1

I remember going to a convention center when I was younger, and I picked up the Doom II and Doom pack. I only payed like $20 for it back then, but it was a blast during it's heyday.

I don't get to rest in super weird positions cause I never have to be in weird positions. I think the most odd position ive rested in was standing up cause my teacher made me stand up for sleeping and hold some books. Other than that its been mostly sleeping in chairs, desks and other non weird places.

I can sleep in the desks at school so easily...

They probably just seem comfortable though, because I'm out as soon as I put my head down. I've only gotten in trouble once for doing that, though.

• Brohoof 1

if you want to play mods, you'd want to get a source-port, first. i recommend getting GZDoom. it's what i use and it's by far the best i've come across. excellent freelook controls, a whole armada of customizable controls and shit (like enabling shaders for dynamic lights), and some really cool mods. ever heard of Brutal Doom?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BTWP3wvAUuQ

OH MY HOLY LIVING MOTHER OF FUCK THAT WAS SO FUCKING AWESOME!

SO MUCH BLOOD!

MONSTERS EXPLODING INTO GIBLETS!

YOU CAN AIM UP AND DOWN!

SOOOOO MUCH WAAAAANT!

*ahem*

No. No I have not heard of Brutal DooM. But I want it now. Very. Fucking. Badly.

I can sleep in the desks at school so easily...

They probably just seem comfortable though, because I'm out as soon as I put my head down. I've only gotten in trouble once for doing that, though.

Same for me. Make it cold in the room, have a boring lesson going on, or even a movie, which is the most volatile for me and Im out like a light.

Ive gotten in trouble countless times for it. Ive had water thrown on me a couple of times as well. One I actually got mad back at the teacher and proceeded to go back to sleep due to anger.

I've also had a bible thrown on my desk in front of my face before....

OH MY HOLY LIVING MOTHER OF FUCK THAT WAS SO FUCKING AWESOME!

SO MUCH BLOOD!

MONSTERS EXPLODING INTO GIBLETS!

YOU CAN AIM UP AND DOWN!

SOOOOO MUCH WAAAAANT!

*ahem*

No. No I have not heard of Brutal DooM. But I want it now. Very. Fucking. Badly.

i could setup a GZDoom executable for you with what you need to run it. all you need to do is provide with the game files (DOOM.wad, DOOM2.wad, etc). these are the files were all the contents of the game is contained in: MIDI-music, levels, textures, sprites, sounds... everything copyright of the game, really. and then you just run the game like you want to. :3

i can provide you with mapsets too, but i guess that for now you'd just like to try the original games with the mod?

I remember going to a convention center when I was younger, and I picked up the Doom II and Doom pack. I only payed like $20 for it back then, but it was a blast during it's heyday.

i own quite a bit of Doom stuff. or well, quite a bit: it's decent enough. i have Doom Collector's Edition, which has all the Doom games, The Depths of Doom Trilogy box, Ultimate Doom on CD, a Doom shovelware disc, Doom 3 for the PC and Xbox, Doom 3 limited edition for the Xbox, and a guide for Doom 3.

this might seem like a lot, and well, i guess it is. but i don't collect that much stuff from it nowadays though.

• Brohoof 1

i could setup a GZDoom executable for you with what you need to run it. all you need to do is provide with the game files (DOOM.wad, DOOM2.wad, etc). these are the files were all the contents of the game is contained in: MIDI-music, levels, textures, sprites, sounds... everything copyright of the game, really. and then you just run the game like you want to. :3

i can provide you with mapsets too, but i guess that for now you'd just like to try the original games with the mod?

i own quite a bit of Doom stuff. or well, quite a bit: it's decent enough. i have Doom Collector's Edition, which has all the Doom games, The Depths of Doom Trilogy box, Ultimate Doom on CD, a Doom shovelware disc, Doom 3 for the PC and Xbox, Doom 3 limited edition for the Xbox, and a guide for Doom 3.

this might seem like a lot, and well, i guess it is. but i don't collect that much stuff from it nowadays though.

Sure, Id love that!

Eeyup, I remember those things. But, where could I get the wads from? I think I tried looking but couldnt find them. Then again, I may have been looking one to put on my PSP when I first put emulators on that.

And sure, just the regular maps with le mod.

I had the collectors edition I do believe. With Ultimate Doom, Doom II, and Final Doom. Im still angry my mom misplaced that thing.

I wish I had all that stuff. And I would consider it a pretty good amount as well.

Same for me. Make it cold in the room, have a boring lesson going on, or even a movie, which is the most volatile for me and Im out like a light.

Ive gotten in trouble countless times for it. Ive had water thrown on me a couple of times as well. One I actually got mad back at the teacher and proceeded to go back to sleep due to anger.

I've also had a bible thrown on my desk in front of my face before....

Just reading that made me sleepy again...

That's hilarious. I only got a detention when I got caught.

Once someone had fallen asleep during class, but was still asleep when the bell rang (it was last period). So, our teacher came up with the brilliant plan to turn out all the lights, close all the blinds, and set the clock on the wall to 6 pm so when he woke up he'd freak the fuck out. The next day during class he said he woke up 15 minutes later, but had looked at his phone first to check the time.

• Brohoof 1

Just reading that made me sleepy again...

That's hilarious. I only got a detention when I got caught.

Once someone had fallen asleep during class, but was still asleep when the bell rang (it was last period). So, our teacher came up with the brilliant plan to turn out all the lights, close all the blinds, and set the clock on the wall to 6 pm so when he woke up he'd freak the fuck out. The next day during class he said he woke up 15 minutes later, but had looked at his phone first to check the time.

lol I can't think of how many detentions were from sleeping in class. Most of mine were from tardiness. Which was a freaking lot.

That teacher sounds pretty awesome. I don't think Ive slept into another class or afterwards at the end of the day. Not sure how I would have reacted to that though.

I've got a story about detention... yes I've got one.

After I left elementary school, one of the teachers decided to follow us up to 7th grade. I hated this teacher with a passion and she was always picking on me. One day I decided it was enough, and flicked her off... in the middle of class. I was in the back row so I don't remember how many people who saw me do it. I got yelled at and received thirty 15 minute morning detentions...

That was fun.

• Brohoof 1

Sure, Id love that!

Eeyup, I remember those things. But, where could I get the wads from? I think I tried looking but couldnt find them. Then again, I may have been looking one to put on my PSP when I first put emulators on that.

And sure, just the regular maps with le mod.

I had the collectors edition I do believe. With Ultimate Doom, Doom II, and Final Doom. Im still angry my mom misplaced that thing.

I wish I had all that stuff. And I would consider it a pretty good amount as well.

there's a number of places you can look at. the /idgames doomworld database is where everyone hosts finished works at. on the topic of finding the good stuff, there's a top 100 wads of all time, going from 1994 to 2003 on here: http://www.doomworld.com/10years/bestwads/

furthermore, there's also the Cacowards, where people nominate the best WADs of the year at, which you can find here: http://www.doomworld.com/cacowards/

to name a few favorites myself (that are also on top 100 wads and Cacowards): Equinox is the most beautiful mapset ever, which goes to show that you can tell a story without a single word of dialogue, or changed intermission texts. the levels, the grand architecture, speaks for itself. it is on the top 100 wads category.

The Talosian Incident is the most atmospheric mapset of such old age. sure, it might be plain, uninteresting, and quite vague for some people, but it has such a gooooood sci-fi atmosphere to it. also on top 100 wads.

Plutonia 2 which, as the name suggests, is a fan-sequel to The Plutonia Experiment, one half of Final Doom. and it's amazing. it was under development for 7 years, and it shows: the level design is amazing, the music even more so, and the gameplay is, well, Plutonia. i.e. extremely hard with lots of monsters. but it deserves a playthrough, if on a easy difficulty setting, just because. it's on the Cacowards category.

remind me to set it up for you. i'll be sure to include a readme so you know how to run it in a comfortable manner.

• Brohoof 1

Already I'm in the holiday mood :D

Bah humbug :3

i ended up chewing it because i thought it was food...

There's not much nutritional value in foam blocks, so it's probably not the best thing to eat.

everyone else i've met use like 4 or so. i can't sleep with 4 in my bed, though, so that's a problem.

How the balls does anyone sleep with four pillows?

Wouldn't that make your neck hurt a ton?

For the record, I only have one pillow

I sleep with only one pillow at any given time.

I sleep with two pillows.
  • Brohoof 1

I wish more people were into making Doom 3 mods. I find that the potential is going to waste. I could count the number of creative/innovative mods for the newest Doom on one hand but for the previous game there is no shortage of innovation. And I haven't the slightest clue why that is either.