General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

... I guess I need to rework my priorities o_o

honestly, i think the other twilie x luna avatar was better. this ones is a confusing mess of look at that resolution.

The pink one, beside Lyra

UJAcn.png

Was going to keep the name, but someone I couldn't name here won't keep his trap shut

why is Lyra dissatisfied with seeing Cadance's plot?

From one of my old images from Happy Tree Friends land, I took a predrawn Santa hat and affixed it to my current avatar.

This took me about five minutes.

i'm actually somewhat surprised at the amount of people i've seen ask about where they got that Christmas avatar, and such. it's, like, piss-easy to find santa hat vectors and slap them onto your OC, and if you don't have a drawn OC, then recolour someone else's. i have more of a problem though because of my OC's design and colour.

i admit, though, i had no idea how the fuck to do this just a few months ago, so eh. :x

How many FF's had you played Star? (I believe I asked you this before, but I can't remember)

i've played almost every game in the main series, i believe. i've completed the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 10th game, as well as the X-2 game. 8 and 10 are fucking best pony, 9 is a lot of cool too but it doesn't have the sheer amount of nostalgia. game 7 sucks, 4-6 are awesome, 1-3 are decent. game 12 is a cool concept, but kinda confusing. 13 i haven't played that much of.

why is Lyra dissatisfied with seeing Cadance's plot?

i'm actually somewhat surprised at the amount of people i've seen ask about where they got that Christmas avatar, and such. it's, like, piss-easy to find santa hat vectors and slap them onto your OC, and if you don't have a drawn OC, then recolour someone else's. i have more of a problem though because of my OC's design and colour.

i admit, though, i had no idea how the fuck to do this just a few months ago, so eh. :x

1. Because it's not Cadance...?

2. Here's the thing: I draw my own stuff, so I almost never rely on "outside" images, unless I need it for the anatomy. In fact, I've reached the point where I have drawn so much stuff that it's common for me to reuse them, just because it'd take to long to redraw. Though this tends to be the case with specific items or similar positions. Or because I don't wanna consult the colour palette.

The Santa hat I had drawn from two years ago (or was it three?) is still good.

Also, while I have a good amount of OCs (four of them, to be specific), I haven't actually used any of them. I keep trying to, but I can't ever find a good place to use them. This means I haven't really gotten a good feel for their characters yet (I also don't have any art of them)

I try to be different with my OCs by making them all different species other than ponies (ponies are soooo mainstream B) )

you can be different with making different pony OC's, too. i have 3 differnent pony OC's, but they're all distinctively different both in terms of personality and appearance.

Who are your characters, anyway?

i've sure you have seen Viscra, which is basically an ideal representation of who i want to be.

from there on, i have Elaysia Hornbark, which is in the character gallery. her backstory is on there.

then i have the inside joke known as CAPS LOCK PONY, which is basically a huge, screaming canterlock and gangsta-rap stereotype to the max. i don't impersonate myself as him much here nowadays because with how the forums have grown, people have no idea who CLOP is, and thus i get warning points for his behaviour. i ain't abandoning him, though.

So I updated my facebook picture and cover with something new and I am sure lots of people will dislike it but idc. 

[img=http://i.imgur.com/rm2jT.jpg]

If you have a facebook and someone on your friends list saw that you posted something pony related, did they give you a hard time about it? I mean I could careless about what others think but do people still make a big deal about bronies and such?

I've only gotten crap from my friends over me and another brony showing off swag we had.

I should ponify my Facebook and see if anyone other than my ftiends say anything...

I love how people see meaning in my characters and their relationship. I don't remember creating characters like that... Truly an accident all of it. Seriously, I made Lapis Lazuli Ore for the sole purpose of directly interacting with the pony world. Still don't know where Asteria came from.

So Asteria just kinda poofed into the world out of nowhere?

Kinda like Bluetrace? :lol:

i've sure you have seen Viscra, which is basically an ideal representation of who i want to be.

from there on, i have Elaysia Hornbark, which is in the character gallery. her backstory is on there.

then i have the inside joke known as CAPS LOCK PONY, which is basically a huge, screaming canterlock and gangsta-rap stereotype to the max. i don't impersonate myself as him much here nowadays because with how the forums have grown, people have no idea who CLOP is, and thus i get warning points for his behaviour. i ain't abandoning him, though.

I saw that ask thread for caps lock pony, and it was the best thing ever!

And is CLOP caps lock pony? Where does the 'O' come in?

After reading all of that OC and RP stuff i now want a more magical OC like Star's, but who uses ice/watet instead.

• Brohoof 1

I saw that ask thread for caps lock pony, and it was the best thing ever!

yeah... i wasn't satisfied with keeping it up anymore, though. there's only as much FUCK you can scream out before it becomes old.

CLOP = Caps LOck Pony. Fissy came up with the abbreviation some time ago.

• Brohoof 1

-----

After reading all of that OC and RP stuff i now want a more magical OC like Star's, but who uses ice/watet instead.

Haven, do you even have a character...?

See, I would've came up with CapLoP; I'm a bit strange with acronyms, and considering the fact that I deal with them a LOT, it's just inherent with me.

GDI - Ganaram's full name

CanAM or CAN-AM - Canal Addon Mod

The oddball part is when I pronounce acronyms that aren't supposed to be pronounced, like MIS, instead of emm-eye-ess, it's miss, and for HOV, instead of aych-oh-vee, it's huv. Or when people pronounce acronyms differently than I do, or rather, the inverse, like how I think someone thinks that someone else's voice is one thing and when they finally hear them speak, it's like a WTF moment all over again...

-----

And this is why I instead use "-----" instead of a horizontal rule.

Edited by TzHaar-Hur-Ganaram

yeah... i wasn't satisfied with keeping it up anymore, though. there's only as much FUCK you can scream out before it becomes old.

Aah.

And I beg to differ, though, you did do it to an excessive extent.

You get any trouble from mods or warning points over that?

I realize my swearing in here is more than likely nowhere near CLOP's. Which would be weird if you didnt.

And is CLOP caps lock pony? Where does the 'O' come in?-----After reading all of that OC and RP stuff i now want a more magical OC like Star's, but who uses ice/watet instead. Haven, do you even have a character...?

See, I would've came up with CapLoP; I'm a bit strange with acronyms, and considering the fact that I deal with them a LOT, it's just inherent with me.GDI - Ganaram's full nameCanAM or CAN-AM - Canal Addon ModThe oddball part is when I pronounce acronyms that aren't supposed to be pronounced, like MIS, instead of emm-eye-ess, it's miss, and for HOV, instead of aych-oh-vee, it's huv. Or when people pronounce acronyms differently than I do, or rather, the inverse, like how I think someone thinks that someone else's voice is one thing and when they finally hear them speak, it's like a WTF moment all over again... -----And this is why I instead use "-----" instead of a horizontal rule.  

He he, sorry bout that, Gannie. '^^

And yes, I do actually have an OC, but he is under construction still.

you can be different with making different pony OC's, too. i have 3 differnent pony OC's, but they're all distinctively different both in terms of personality and appearance.
I didn't say you had to have other species for your characters to be different, it's just how I decided to make them different. Besides, the other species in FiM aren't very focused on in terms of actual canon characters or OCs. And I also get to do other things with other species that I can't do with ponies

Besides, one of my characters is essentially a normal pony

Edited by Jack0vAllTrades
  • Brohoof 1

I didn't say you had to have other species for your characters to be different, it's just how I decided to make them different. Besides, the other species in FiM aren't very focused on in terms of actual canon characters or OCs. And I also get to do other things with other species that I can't do with ponies

Besides, one of my characters is essentially a normal pony

ah, i understand. it's easier to work around with them because of how undeveloped in terms of character development and special information they have compared to the 4 pony races. none of my characters i made were planned to be ponies from the start, though, only Viscra was. the other ones just... happened. like Elaysia, she just came to because of some very lucky character composition in the Pony Creator.

I guess I'll just explain who my OCs are now. Unfortunately, three of them aren't finished in terms of characterization yet, so their personalities aren't really even worked out all the way yet. They're all pretty much in the planning stages right now (except for the first one)

My pegasus pony OC is a "drifter", a pony that doesn't live in any one place. She just travels the Earth, meeting ponies and getting in adventures along the way. She has a real relaxed, almost hippie-like personality. She also doesn't have her cutie mark despite being in the age range of the mane six

My other pony OC is the deer pony I talked about

My dragon OC is going to be a female, teenage dragon who likes to pretend she's an evil, chaotic monster for the lulz, but in reality is just a harmless prankster that likes to mess with people

My Changeling OC...well, explaining him requires knowledge of my headcanon for the Changelings. I'll probably explain him in another poast

Edited by Jack0vAllTrades

well since i never explained Viscra...

the main thing to explain about her is the magic defect she has. since i believe that magic is something that exists in the whole universe they live in, i've thought that unicorns can harness this kind of magic with the help of their horn used as a power rod of sorts. then, with focusing brain activity, unicorns are able to harness this magic at free will. this is why ponies like Twilight are so powerful, because they are smart, and smart ponies have a lot more powerful magic.

in Viscra's case, though, she has a defect in her ability to harness magic. magical activity seeps into her brain, so when the brain performs something, the magic reacts in different ways. the most prevalent thing being that she, being as much of a music nut as i am, has her horn pulse to the rhythm of the music, sometimes also seeping out audio from her horn, like a radio mast.

normally this isn't a problem, but the problem is her actions get amplified by magic when she is in different moods. is she in a terrific mode? everyone knows it, as she'll probably blast out music from her horn and perform all kinds of crazy stunts and stuff. but if she's in a bad mood, she wishes sometimes to just scream bloody murder and fuck things up... which she can do quite gravely if she wants to.

the magical activity is supposed to be a reflection of my mental condition, autism, because i feel like this sometimes, and would want to let it out every once in a while. since Viscra is a much more content and carefree pony than i am, she can do that. it's also why she's a hermaphrodite; a form of expression of me, that i'm not sticking to one gender or the other, but i'd rather play both roles as i see fit.

• Brohoof 2

dont you have school or something

no u

I'm out for the semester. I have finals next week, but regular lecture classes are now over.