General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Hello everyone in the General Chat Thread, how is it going?

Still trying to get shit right on Pony Creator. The damn thing broke when you change the wing from closed to spread D:

This reminds me. Does someone have more AJ art?

ulol9.gif

• Brohoof 6

k3v45pe.jpg?1

Pretty good. Got a good start on mah first ever Drumstep, so that's got me in a real good mood. :3

Interesting... very interesting.

Still trying to get shit right on Pony Creator. The damn thing broke when you change the wing from closed to spread D:

Ah, well interesting, to bad it's breaking however...

@

Shotty, I appreciate your honesty and your explanation. For whatever it is worth, I used to have a bit of a temper problem myself. I would explode, massively, whenever I was frustrated or I thought that someone had done something wrong to me. It's a problem that I too sort of inherited. Both sides of my family have a strange temper like that. One moment all is well, then the next moment it is time for raging against anything and everything that steps into the shooting range.

I learned something though, a valuable lesson. When you go out into the world with a temper problem, there will be a price to pay. You can blow up at the wrong time and lose your greatest friends and allies. You can mouth off and cost yourself a chance at a promotion or a new job. You can end up losing control completely and hurting someone or damaging private property. This last one can result in running into trouble with the law.

But there's another, totally different, problem with having a wild temper. When you have a wild temper, you are always open to becoming a victim. There are people out there that are dangerously good at reading other people. They are always on the lookout for those that they can con or manipulate. When you have a bad temper that you can't control, they will find you and they will take advantage of your anger possibly harming you and others that you care about. You see, when you make it that easy to push your buttons, someone will find them and you will have a problem.

You know, I saw what happened to the folks in my family that couldn't control their anger. At a *very* early age, I decided to get control of myself before I had a chance to screw up something major. I focused, Shotty. I focused. I took up some physical activities (martial arts, running track, weightlifting). I found avenues that I could use to exhaust all of the anger and all of the rage. Soon, it became second nature to me to respond to a situation that would normally make me angry with a smile and a laugh. Now, I am in control. Not the anger.

You know, there is a much broader world out there. It is bigger than this forum and it is bigger than video games. At some point, you may find yourself with a family of your own, kids and a spouse. What will you do when you get angry? Will you have any limits? Or... Will you just lash out until you feel better? Ask yourself. What kind of life do you want to live? Could you live with yourself if your anger caused you to do harm to someone that trusted you?

Let me tell you a true story. I had a friend of mine when I was much younger. He had a temper problem as well. I trusted this guy and I thought of him as a brother. Well, you know what? One day he lost a video game match, and he freaked out. He was yelling and cussing. I thought he was just being silly, so I laughed. It was only a game, right? Wrong. He jumped me, and the next thing I knew I was getting wailed on. Well... I fought back. I won that too. What was the result? Well... I guess it goes without saying that we aren't friends anymore. All of that over a game? That, my friend, is called anger. It makes you a fool.

Sometimes, you really should just drop it. Sleep on the event. Come back later and see if it makes sense. I really do challenge you to open your eyes and rise to the occasion. 
  • Brohoof 11

@

Shotty, I appreciate your honesty and your explanation. For whatever it is worth, I used to have a bit of a temper problem myself. I would explode, massively, whenever I was frustrated or I thought that someone had done something wrong to me. It's a problem that I too sort of inherited. Both sides of my family have a strange temper like that. One moment all is well, then the next moment it is time for raging against anything and everything that steps into the shooting range.

I learned something though, a valuable lesson. When you go out into the world with a temper problem, there will be a price to pay. You can blow up at the wrong time and lose your greatest friends and allies. You can mouth off and cost yourself a chance at a promotion or a new job. You can end up losing control completely and hurting someone or damaging private property. This last one can result in running into trouble with the law.

But there's another, totally different, problem with having a wild temper. When you have a wild temper, you are always open to becoming a victim. There are people out there that are dangerously good at reading other people. They are always on the lookout for those that they can con or manipulate. When you have a bad temper that you can't control, they will find you and they will take advantage of your anger possibly harming you and others that you care about. You see, when you make it that easy to push your buttons, someone will find them and you will have a problem.

You know, I saw what happened to the folks in my family that couldn't control their anger. At a *very* early age, I decided to get control of myself before I had a chance to screw up something major. I focused, Shotty. I focused. I took up some physical activities (martial arts, running track, weightlifting). I found avenues that I could use to exhaust all of the anger and all of the rage. Soon, it became second nature to me to respond to a situation that would normally make me angry with a smile and a laugh. Now, I am in control. Not the anger.

You know, there is a much broader world out there. It is bigger than this forum and it is bigger than video games. At some point, you may find yourself with a family of your own, kids and a spouse. What will you do when you get angry? Will you have any limits? Or... Will you just lash out until you feel better? Ask yourself. What kind of life do you want to live? Could you live with yourself if your anger caused you to do harm to someone that trusted you?

Let me tell you a true story. I had a friend of mine when I was much younger. He had a temper problem as well. I trusted this guy and I thought of him as a brother. Well, you know what? One day he lost a video game match, and he freaked out. He was yelling and cussing. I thought he was just being silly, so I laughed. It was only a game, right? Wrong. He jumped me, and the next thing I knew I was getting wailed on. Well... I fought back. I won that too. What was the result? Well... I guess it goes without saying that we aren't friends anymore. All of that over a game? That, my friend, is called anger. It makes you a fool.

Sometimes, you really should just drop it. Sleep on the event. Come back later and see if it makes sense. I really do challenge you to open your eyes and rise to the occasion. 

I want to live a life where I don't have mah grandpa's attitude. I mean, he's pretty darn successful, but he can be so painful to be around when he's not in a good mood. It's pretty saddening. I wish that I could only get mad at the nescessary things. It'd make me a lot better at video games, and it'd make it better for me IRL.

• Brohoof 2

spasticShotty-1753.png

AJ?

This thread needs more Applejack...

Only then will you have my permission to die.

imagesqtbnANd9GcRUFK38t9yZwTT5MdVJb.jpg

Posts like this really make me want to be able to double-up on a brohoof.

I guess a quote as well as a brohoof will do :3

• Brohoof 2

"My breakfast is plotting to kill me."

My Website - YouTube
n6e0Y8v.gif

Have some poni

MOoWI.png

bCoXn.png

rWFHA.png

iTTee.png

YMkxX.png

P9QKX.png

bvvYX.jpg

@, I know it won't do much, but have some baked goods

UC5NA.jpg

P.S. anyone here have any idea how to make a swirling pattern on gimp?

• Brohoof 7

k3v45pe.jpg?1

Have some poni

img-1032599-1-MOoWI.png

img-1032599-2-bCoXn.png

img-1032599-3-rWFHA.png

img-1032599-4-iTTee.png

img-1032599-5-YMkxX.png

img-1032599-6-P9QKX.png

img-1032599-7-bvvYX.jpg

@, I know it won't do much, but have some baked goods

img-1032599-8-UC5NA.jpg

P.S. anyone here have any idea how to make a swirling pattern on gimp?

Mmmmm, I love me some of that AJ.

Also, it's only 11:00 PM here. Looks like tonight is gonna be a long one.

spasticShotty-1753.png

Seems like Dreamwalker is growing just fine, but I'm pretty sure he can use more visitors

Since when did you have a dragon? It seems so random...

>Dusky implies that Flow is a bane to the group, and Equestria as a whole

>Electrobolt kicks something open

>Magicon? Status: Rustled

>Asteria is very adorable

I wonder what happens next, eh?

Does someone have more AJ art?

img-1032648-1-applejack_licking_rarity_bimg-1032648-2-what_the_buck_by_superluckimg-1032648-3-roll_in_the_hay_by_cruelseimg-1032648-4-derpy__s_moving_company___img-1032648-5-honesty_by_crenair-d5mpfktimg-1032648-6-mlp___applejack___fluttersimg-1032648-7-____lend_me_your_lovely_hoimg-1032648-8-proper_apple_jack_by_johnj

Edited by Berry Pie
  • Brohoof 5

Flutters_and_Dash.png

>Astreria is a very adorable

what_the_buck_by_superlucky13-d5nbnt8.pn

All of them are freakin' sweet!

Also, is Soarin' unbuttoning AJ's shirt :wacko:? Hey wait a minute! I should be the one doing that, not him :angry:. I wanna see AJ's good stuff :(.....(I also just noticed that his jacket says "69" on it :P)

• Brohoof 2

spasticShotty-1753.png

V6xfX.png

>66666

vlPp1.jpg

Nope, not a clue.

Jay might now. Not sure if he's still online though.

Ah shoot :x

Depends on how swirly it's gonna be.

I need to know how to make a small circle be followed with some curved 'trail' behind it.

I like dragons VnCRQ.png

Well, maybe except Spike. That kid is irritating

>Astreria is a very adorable

Everyone already knows that Asteria is very adorable :P

Whatever happens, Flow is screwed up hard. Oh, and the new Berry Nut guy is very nutty :x

• Brohoof 5

k3v45pe.jpg?1

Good evening everypony.

I could've sworn I'd seen your signature somewhere before, except is didn't say "nostalgicpony" on it.

I guess you could say it's making me nostalgic. Don't know what for though.

1080657448_1218611__safe_solo_fluttershy_underhoof_spreadwings_cloud_sky_signature_falling_artist-colon-miokomata2.jpg.b66a3f8b89a05cc464d47a4c38bf96e1.jpg

I think someone needs to teach him a lesson to respect a girl's personal space.

I wish AJ would smack him. Therefore, when I get to do the same to her, it'll only be when it's the right time, right mood, and MOST OF ALL, right location ;).

• Brohoof 1

spasticShotty-1753.png

Just made something really odd, but cool on Photoshop :D

neatlittlething_zpsf2f37638.png

I need to know how to make a small circle be followed with some curved 'trail' behind it.

I'll see if I can figure something out... :3
  • Brohoof 1

"My breakfast is plotting to kill me."

My Website - YouTube
n6e0Y8v.gif

Also, is Soarin' unbuttoning AJ's shirt ? Hey wait a minute! I should be the one doing that, not him . I wanna see AJ's good stuff .....(I also just noticed that his jacket says "69" on it )

...HOLY SPIT MAN 

• Brohoof 2