gaming Obscure games that barely anyone's heard of.

RoboGuy9000

Freespace 2 - An excellent space combat game, with ships of unbelievable scale and a well crafted story.

Thief The Dark Project - You rob rich/bad people blind, sneaking around with a blackjack and water arrows like a badflank.

Mount n Blade - You ride around 5 or 6 kingdoms on horseback, amassing an army and trying to literally rule the world. Awesome epic horseback battles in first/third person, you will lose hours in this game for sure.

All of these are PC games.

2s7wglv.jpg

"If we have the courage to decide ourselves for peace, we will have peace." - Albert Einstein

Aww, yeah! Metal Arms: Glitch in the System was awesome! I occasionally still play it, although it doesn't really feel the same anymore.

1000x this. One of the better games on the PS2, imo. Great soundtrack, gameplay, art style, story, everything. Very underrated title

And to whoever said Heatseeker, I liked that game too... I got it for like 5 bucks in the bargain bin, and I thought it was pretty cool

This might not be that obscure, but I really liked the series Army Men (especially the first one). Anyone played that?

Posted Image

1080657448_1218611__safe_solo_fluttershy_underhoof_spreadwings_cloud_sky_signature_falling_artist-colon-miokomata2.jpg.b66a3f8b89a05cc464d47a4c38bf96e1.jpg

I don't know if anyone else has posted this yet, but if they did, INB4 posting the actual game ObsCure. It was a freaking awesome game, very difficult with all the puzzles, and played like a team based zombie horror game. Fun on a bun

post-5757-0-04358900-1344669263_thumb.jpg

msg-3011-0-03480800-1395196135.png

[CLICK THE SIG FOR OC] (Signature created by Azura)

Shinobu is best girl. 

I bet no one here has ever heard of or played Seek and Destroy? no, well then, its a very fun game actually XD Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

BMWowner_zps92d481e1.png

Electrobolt is my waifu x3

Midnight moon (my main OC)

siggy by: Toa of Ponies

#3: Ty the Tasmanian Tiger

Yet another original Xbox game (except it was available on PS2 as well). This game had a very Australian setting to it. Ty is the main character, and he is truly an awesome hero! I mean, c'mon! He uses multiple different types of boomerangs with special abilities to help save his homeland from an evil ostrich. What's not awesome about that?

Completely forgot about this game. I played this game almost as much as Blinx. Actually, a lot of my earlier game library was composed of obscure games. Fuzion Frenzy, Egg Mania, a bunch of movie tie-ins, some Tony Hawk games, Tork, Scaler...

I bet no one here has ever heard of or played Seek and Destroy? no, well then, its a very fun game actually XD Posted Image

I have! Got this along with 'Road Trip Adventure', and I still have them both! Seek and Destroy was very fun, given that you had lots of fun and exciting missions, lots of customisation options and tons of different tanks! The mini-games were fun too, and I remember playing them to get the cheat codes for the special parts. Good times :)

Galactic Civilizations II. It was a bit like Sid Meier's Civilization... except it is in space. I'm a bit of a sci-fi nut, so I loved it. You got to build your own ships, wage war with enemy fleets and conquer the galaxy. I think it is pretty unheard of, even though it was developed by the same company that would later release Sins of a Solar Empire, which is also an awesome game.

What's MOTHER 3 people ask, never heard of Catherine they'll say.

This topic is dedicated to the games that make you feel like the only ones who like'em. But who knows you may find other fans here.

I'd say MOTHER 3 is my favorite obscure game, if you're familiar with the MOTHER/Earthbound series you'll know that while the two other games are happy go lucky fun times, MOTHER 3 is a sucker punch to the gut. It will make you cry. Doesn't mean it lacks the series whimsical nature though.

It also has a very nice soundtrack.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eSPLZV9O9M

What are some of your favorite obscure games?

Mother 3 is a very eerie and sad game. Lucas has to go through ALL THAT. His mom dies. His brother dies after being part of the porkie army...GAWRSH

signaturezi.png

GameGrumps is a Match made in heaven :D Youtube www.youtube.com/swordmaster1337

I do fifa, and lets plays

Mother 3 is a very eerie and sad game. Lucas has to go through ALL THAT. His mom dies. His brother dies after being part of the porkie army...GAWRSH

DUUUUUDDEEE, DON'T SPOIL IT FOR OTHER PEOPLE!! SUCH AN EXPERIENCE MUST NOT BE SPOILED. Just a suggestion.
  • Brohoof 1

I have! Got this along with 'Road Trip Adventure', and I still have them both! Seek and Destroy was very fun, given that you had lots of fun and exciting missions, lots of customisation options and tons of different tanks! The mini-games were fun too, and I remember playing them to get the cheat codes for the special parts. Good times :)

my favorite tank was the PHZ 2000 its cannon could go to a 90 degree angle XD but yes, it was a very entertaining game

BMWowner_zps92d481e1.png

Electrobolt is my waifu x3

Midnight moon (my main OC)

siggy by: Toa of Ponies

Enclave, a great dungeon crawler/adventure game that barely anyone I know has played. Jet Set Radio Future had a great artistic style and awesome music. Legend of Dragoon, a great fantasy RPG epic, and one of my favorite games of all time.

VHerT66.png

I'm don't really play many obscure games...

does Shadow of the Colossus count? That game is epic and the only person I know IRL who's played it is a hipster friend soo....

• Brohoof 1

ezgif-2-b94ab321a5f6.gif.93cf1fcecd06e4273f8ea7a74cb185ff.gif 

I tend to take the high road, get stoned, and fly low . . .

Anybody ever heard of Lunar: The Silver Star or Lunar: Eternal Blue that were on the Sega CD? No? Okay.... how about Lunar: Silver Star Story or Lunar 2: Eternal Blue on the PS1/Sega Saturn? Hmm... okay I'll take that as a no. Anyway, Lunar was a series of 2D turn based rpgs that had great stories. There is still a hardcore following for this game that is awaiting Lunar 3 (which I honestly think will never happen).

Anywho, here is some gameplay of Lunar: Silver Star Story on the PS1. Enjoy!

I'm don't really play many obscure games...

does Shadow of the Colossus count? That game is epic and the only person I know IRL who's played it is a hipster friend soo....

Yes, I agree. SOTC is a really epic game! I was so happy when I heard they were releasing it on the PS3 with Ico since I never had a PS2. The console I had of the previous generation was a GameCube.

Yes, I agree. SOTC is a really epic game! I was so happy when I heard they were releasing it on the PS3 with Ico since I never had a PS2. The console I had of the previous generation was a GameCube.

I grew up with the N64 and Gamecube, I had my cousin's old PS2 (once he got an Xbox, which I got when he got a 360, which my brother got when he got a PS3 :P) Shadow of the Colossus and like 2 others. SOTC is really a piece of art.

ezgif-2-b94ab321a5f6.gif.93cf1fcecd06e4273f8ea7a74cb185ff.gif 

I tend to take the high road, get stoned, and fly low . . .

One game I feel is a little unknown is a game called LSD: Dream Emulator. It was developed by OutSide Directors Company in 1998. It was released for the original PlayStation, only in Japan. From what I hear it's pretty much almost impossible to find now unless you use an emulator. Someone who worked at the company had a dream journal he had kept for about a decade, and they made a game out of it. People call it a game that is un-intentionally scary, as the dreams you explore get more and more creepy. If you haven't heard of it, I recommend you look up some gameplay. There's a lot of details I left out that would probably fill up the page.

DUUUUUDDEEE, DON'T SPOIL IT FOR OTHER PEOPLE!! SUCH AN EXPERIENCE MUST NOT BE SPOILED. Just a suggestion.

Don't rip on him to much I mean your lucky if you can find a copy of mother3 under 100$ or earthbound under 150$ not to mention you can't even find the first Mother.

Jet Set Radio Future had a great artistic style and awesome music

Greatest art/music roller skater game ever made for the xbox that I ever played. Did you ever play the first game?

I too have played this here game, and I have to agree it's fun as hell. I need to get it from my cousin sometime, since he has it but never plays it and instead plays endless amounts of CoD :<.

Anyways, how many of you guys have heard of these two Yu-Gi-Oh games? They have poor reviews, but I have found them eternally fun for some reason.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Skyman
  • Brohoof 1

DawnoftheSixBannerGayke-1.png

Signature and avatar made by Arylett Dawnsborough.

An obscure game barely anyone has heard of? Well id have to say I feel like im the only one who has played the game obscure. (I suggest not looking it up. Its the scariest game ive ever played.

I too have played this here game, and I have to agree it's fun as hell. I need to get it from my cousin sometime, since he has it but never plays it and instead plays endless amounts of CoD :<.

Anyways, how many of you guys have heard of these two Yu-Gi-Oh games? They have poor reviews, but I have found them eternally fun for some reason.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Ive heard of and played those yu-gi-oh games I remember completing duelists of roses so many times.

Edited by Sky

"Even If I were free, would anyone love me?"

Vulpes

Shadowbane, at least I think it was an obscure game. But the game had a tremendous idea and was well ahead of its years. It's main downfall was a self-destructing player-base and a poor/inefficient game-programming-design. It was basically a fantasy MMO where everything is FFA, people can join and and form guilds and nations. Each guilds and nations can declare war on each other and wipe everything out. The only way to get the best weapons and items possible is to build a city, forges and make items. If a guild or nation destroys your town, you lose everything. Death had a same consequence, unless you stash your things you lost everything.

It had real-life consequences, real-life political discussions and the way player-base basically self-destructed was rather amusing to witness. The game literally had an official forum where so many people used it for their own in-game political agenda. Blame-game was extremely common, s-talking always led to someone's city getting destroyed and bunch of people quitting as a result of their 5~6 month of work being thrown into a flame, making a scape-goat, formation and destruction of an alliance... the game had such a realistic political consequences and taught me quite alot of things about ourselves lol.

It had a quite a faithful player-base for many years but due to its hardcore nature and an unforgiving game rule, it never got its deserved lifespan until Ubisoft pulled its plug. I still really miss the game.

Greatest art/music roller skater game ever made for the xbox that I ever played. Did you ever play the first game?

After I found out about and played Jet Set Radio Future, I went back and played Jet Grind Radio. Jet Set is still my favorite of the series though.

• Brohoof 1

VHerT66.png

Anyways, how many of you guys have heard of these two Yu-Gi-Oh games? They have poor reviews, but I have found them eternally fun for some reason. Posted ImagePosted Image

so I see you have played Yu-Gi-Oh games I got a test for you then. what was the first game card game before the duelist of the roses?

so I see you have played Yu-Gi-Oh games I got a test for you then. what was the first game card game before the duelist of the roses?

Oh, I believe it was little something-something called Forbidden Memories that was on the PS1. I also own that, so.

Edited by Skyman
  • Brohoof 1

DawnoftheSixBannerGayke-1.png

Signature and avatar made by Arylett Dawnsborough.

I recently rediscovered this one from my childhood. Alien 3 for the Sega Genesis.

This was the first game that scared me straight. What with it's creepy level start screen and the fact that the enemies pop out of nowhere most of the time.

And it's got an eerie soundtrack, and because of the Genesis' weird soundchip it has a sci-fi tone to it.