Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Deadspace Crossover

SilverHeart

Azure Glyph listened as he set his saddlebags on the ground. "Well I think I'll go take a look around before I take anything out of my saddlebags." He looked around for a few seconds before continuing. "Or inspect anything for that matter. Would anypony else like to join me?"

@@Alex Kennedy, @@SilverHeart, @,

"Sure, man," Skimmer said with her laid back drawl.  "I'll go ahead of you, and like, make sure it's safe or whatever.  This is gonna rock."

Surf Skimmer opened her left bag with her wing and fished out her headlamp.  After securing the strap around her forehead and switching on the LED torch, she fluttered into the cave proper, staying low to the ground.  She spied several runes and small figures that could be statuettes or just pylons guiding a path.  The age of the place and the natural erosion made it impossible to be sure which.  Flashing her light around, she was able to determine a safe path where the group wouldn't stub a hoof on a stalagmite or bump a nose on a low hanging stalactite. 

There was plenty to study for the rest of the group in this portion of the cave, provided magical lighting or each pony having gear like Skimmer.  What really attracted her attention, however, was that the ancient carved and weathered stones seemed to lead to a caved in entrance.  Even more interesting was the broken floor nearby that lead to a pitch-black vertical drop.

"OK, guys," Skimmer shouted, giggling at her echo, "There's runes and stuff in here and it's mostly safe, but we'll need more light.  When you're done with that stuff I think this drop-off is where we need to head next."

• Brohoof 1

Azure glyph had just finished setting everything up. Azure levitated over his old kerosene lamp. He smiled fondly as he lit the lantern, thinking back to the first time he had ever gone on a dig. He thought back to how excited he was to have his own cold-blast lantern. Skimmer's voice interrupted his reminiscing. Azure picked up his lantern. His ear twitched, he thought he had heard whispering but none of the other ponies were nearby. He shrugged and walked deeper into the cave casually glancing at the runes. A few times he would stop and stare at a few of the more intricate ones. Eventually he reached the section of the cave that Surf Skimmer was at. Azure nodded a greeting at Surf Skimmer before looking into the pit. He kicked a small pebble into the drop-off, it fell for about ten seconds before it's impact was heard. Deeper than I thought, but not too deep.

"Surf Skimmer, do you think you could..."

Once again his ear twitched as he heard more whispering. He looked back at Surf Skimmer.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I heard you right. Make what whole?"

• Brohoof 1

Ocean glanced down the hole. "Wow...that's...kinda cree-" She was cut off by a sudden frightened feeling. The hole almost seemed to move and twist as she stared down...it was dark...and seemed almost...evil. She gulped and glanced back at the group. "Um...I...did you guys...never mind." She said, backing away from the hole.

• Brohoof 1

@,@@SilverHeart, @@Stratos,

(Apparently this is yet another roleplay where I neglected to mention that I would be gone for a few days. Sorry about that.)

Lost Knowledge joined the others at the edge of the pit. As he looked down into the darkness, he thought he could pick up a faint voice at the very edge of his hearing. In fact, when he thought about it, it sounded a lot like her voice. But... it couldn't be. That was years ago.

"I think my ears must be playing tricks on me. Does anypony else hear a voice down there?"

• Brohoof 1

Ocean nodded. "I didn't hear anything...but there is something down there...something unique...and probably dangerous. I wanna go look. Anypony have some rope ?" She asked, looking around at the team before glancing back down into the darkness. "You know what...maybe we should drop a light down or something...you know, before we go ourselves...to see what's there. I have a flare in my bag." She said, rummaging around her saddlebag.

@@Alex Kennedy, @@SilverHeart, @,

Skimmer looked at Azure quizzically.  "What about the hole?  I said that it probably leads around the cave-in to the ne-"

Skimmer suddenly got an intense feeling of vertigo.  This only happens to her when she's in the clouds.  Having a fear of heights isn't common for a pegasus, and cave shafts didn't bother her.  Just being too high in the wide open sky.  So why was she feeling like this inside a cave?

Skimmer swallowed hard and shut her eyes tightly until the feeling subsided.

"Sorry about that, guys, I felt weird for a minute."  Skimmer turned to Ocean.  "No need for the flare, my mare."  Skimmer tapped her headlamp with a hoof.  "I'm a floating flare.  Just secure this,"  Skimmer tossed her a rope from her bag, "to something sturdy and I'll hold my end when I go down.  Just wait for me to give the OK before you start climbing."

Skimmer looked into the drop, shining her light.  Squinting, she could just make out something glittering.  She had no clue what gave her a jolt just a minute ago, but it couldn't have been the cave.  Maybe she just needed lunch.  She decided she would eat an apple once she made sure everypony was down the shaft safely.

As she floated down, rope in her mouth, she saw something strange.  There were marks on the walls like something or someone dug this hole.  That couldn't be right.  Why would this hole have been dug out so deeply and how in the hay could you get through this much solid rock without explosives?

When her hooves his the bottom, she saw what had been sparkling at her from the top.

"Ooooh, pretty!  Guys, there's gems in this cave!  I want to say rubies, but I've never seen rubies like this...  It's safe, by the way, you can come on down.  We might have to hoof it for a while down this tunnel, but I don't see anything but the gems."

(OOC: Sorry about my slow responses to this thread. My computer's ability to connect to the internet has been acting up lately, my responses may be slow. But I'm willing to continue as long as y'all are.)

"Oh, sorry...I thought you said something else after that, I must have misheard you." Azure apologized as Surf Skimmer gave him the rope. He secured the rope to a rather strong looking pillar. 

He watched Surf Skimmer as she lowered herself into the hole and start slowly descending. Azure's vision temporarily blurred as he watched on. He grunted and shook his head, hoping that doing so would somehow help.

Make us whole 

Azure Glyph looked around, this time Surf Skimmer wasn't near him. So she couldn't have said it. Neither of the other two fellow archaeologists were around earlier. Maybe I'm just tired. Maybe not though. Azure opened his mouth, about to ask whether anypony else had heard anything when Surf Skimmer had announced that it was clear. 

"Well who wants to go first?"

@@SilverHeart,

"Who wants to go second." Ocean corrected, moving towards the rope and grabbing on. "And I will." She grinned and started making her way down the rope.

After a moment she had planted her hooves on the ground and was only a few feet away from Surf Skimmer. "Wow...Guys its beautiful." She called up to the two colts.

• Brohoof 1

@,@@SilverHeart,  

Lost Knowledge stepped towards the hole. "I guess it's my turn, then." He slowly lowered himself down the rope, and just before he reached the bottom, he heard the voice again. It was still faint, but this time he was sure. It had to be her. But that was impossible, wasn't it? He tried to ignore it and climbed the rest of the way down the rope.

• Brohoof 1

(OOC: @@Alex Kennedy,  It would seem we both have roughly the same idea here.)

"Make us whole." The voices whispered.

Once more Azure heard whispering all around him. He attempted to find the source, but everypony had already descended under ground. Normally, he may have been horrified at the current circumstances. However his headache prevented him from applying logic to the situation. Instead of worrying he knew that if he went down the hole the pain would stop." He grabbed onto the rope and slowly shimmied his way down.

Halfway down the rope he heard them again. "Make us whole." This time a little louder. He stopped moving.

"How?" he whispered back. 

"Just make us whole. You know what you have to do." It responded, this time at a normal level. This time however the voice had changed from a plethora of hushed whispers to the voice of a small filly. It sounded familiar, he knew that voice. He could hardly believe it. 

"I...Sapphire, is that you?" He asked in vain, he already knew the answer. He just wanted to be sure.

"Of course it is, Daddy. I've missed you."

Azure didn't move. He didn't speak right away, unsure of what to say. He just hung from the rope, smiling. His vision blurred as the fur under his eyes dampened. He couldn't remember the last time he had felt like this. His daughter was alive. He could have sworn that he had buried her years ago. But that couldn't be right, she was talking to him right now. "I've missed you too. Oh wait until your mother hears this.". Azure looked everywhere he could, to find his daughter. For a brief moment his smiled faltered. "Where are you? I don't see you."

"I'm where I've always been, deeper in the cave. C'mon Daddy, make us whole. If you do that we can be together forever."

He smiled again. Obviously that was where she was, how could he have thought differently? The muscles in his face were beginning to hurt. It was a wonderful pain. "Of course sweetie, I'd love to." Something is wrong...oh, of course! "How do I do that though?"

"I'll tell you once you find us. It's easier that way. I love you Daddy. See you soon."

"Of course, dear. I'm on my way." Azure said as he slid down the rope faster than he normally would. He landed as gracefully as he could. Of course, he was still smiling. Today was the greatest day of his life. His daughter was alive and doing well, he was exploring some ruins that would make him famous, and to top it all off his headache was gone.

Ocean walked a little ways away from the group to examine the stones when she heard laughter...right behind her. "Cursed freak." It whispered. She turned around, eyes wide, back against the wall...but nopony was there. She frowned then heard it again, whispering in her ear. "You're a freak."

Ocean's lip quivered and she shook her head. "N-No...Stop." She said, staring over at the rest of the group, wide eyed. "You are a freak...But there's a cure, Ocean. Make us whole. Make us whole and you will be free."

Ocean gave a frightened nod. Her lip was still quivering as if she was about to cry...but she held back her tears and walked back over to the group. "Come on...lets get going." She said.

• Brohoof 1