Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private MLP Hunger Games

Imagine

@

Frozen turned to see a yellow pony get on the train, she looked so scared, Frozen knew this was the pony she was looking for. "Hey kid, do you need a friend!" The districts mentor looked confused when the pony went up to the weakling in his opinion "I can help you win..."

@

Frozen turned to see a yellow pony get on the train, she looked so scared, Frozen knew this was the pony she was looking for. "Hey kid, do you need a friend!" The districts mentor looked confused when the pony went up to the weakling in his opinion "I can help you win..."

Lightning Tumble looked up to see who was talking to her and when she saw that it was the pony making the weapons she shrank away from her, unsure of whether she was joking or not. She saw that her mentor was confused that this pony was offering to make an alliance with a weakling like Tumble and she couldn't help but agree with him. Who would want her on her team?

"D-do you really mean that?" She squeaked, still trying to make herself invisible.

@

"Of course! I need someone like you! It means you will have some protection! No offence it's going to be a tough fight!" Frozen smiled and put her hoof around her neck. "You and me we are going to work together for safe keeping!" Frozen's smile got bigger "Don't worry your in safe hooves!" 

Leaf walked shakily onto the train, it was full of other ponies, who were going to have their life taken away in that arena. He sighed, he felt awfully sorry for them. He sat down on a seat, which had a china cup full of tea in it, Leaf didn't trust anything from the capital so he just pushed the cup away with his hoof.

Starry hung her head low, she was going to die, and that was all that mattered, so what she was going to live her last days in luxury? She might as well just commit suicide right there, on the train. Starry wasn't going to though, she still could win, but her chances were just 1 in a 1,000,000.

Steel walked onto the train, really couldn't be giving a buck where his district partner was at the moment. He saw a compartment with what looked like the dist.2 pair, their mentor and a small pony that looked rather weak. Steel took off his backpack, pieced together his lance and started tapping with it.

Still's thoughts were interrupted when somepony sat next to him. It was the green pegasus. "Mint, that's what her name is," he thought. For the first time he noticed that her cutie mark was a dagger. That was certainly something. He wasn't completely sure what that meant. There were many ponies who made weapons in District 2. Typically when a pony got proficient in making a certain weapon, it would become their cutie mark. Now Still had to wonder if Mint only knew how to make daggers, or if she knew how to use them.

Mint was now talking to another pegasus mare. A yellow one who looked to be about the same age. She looked small and scared. Already Still could tell that the other ponies were going to eat her alive. She'd be one of those tributes who had ridiculously low odds.

They were talking now. Mint was proposing a team up. Had Still been a better state of mind he would have spent some time analysing this conversation. It was common for tributes to make alliances. Still would have reached the conclusion that his fellow District two pony was merely making a pawn out of the yellow pegasus. He wasn't one to be fooled by innocent appearances, and seeing that Mint had a dagger cutie mark had raised his suspecions.

But Still did not follow this train of thought. Seeing the two talking and trying to comfort each other annoyed him. It was a hard life in the twelve districts, and Still had survived by keeping to himself. His magical skills relected this. He spent his time studying illusion spells to help him get around without being noticed. It had made life for him slightly easier, as he was able to sneak around and either steal food from his neighbors or search for some out in the woods. However, it made for a lonely existance.

He hated to admit it, but Still was a lonely pony. Watching other ponies find warmth and comfort with each other stirred up feelings of jealousy and resentment. That was now being added to the stress and anxiety he had aquired from being chosen as a tribute. To put it simply, he was in not in a good mood.

"You're both being stupid," he said, as the two mares turned their heads to him. "There's only one winner in this game. If you help each other you're just delaying the inevitable. At least one of you is going to have to die."

The yellow pegasus sunk down. Her face had fallen and she looked to be on the verge of tears. Mint, however, glared daggers at him. A small chuckle came from the other side of the train. Another pegasus sat among them, a tough looking one with a lance. Still cursed himself, wishing he had just kept his mouth shut. All it took was three sentences and he had already upset one of his opponents and revealed his thought pattern to another. This was going to be a long train ride.

Steel walked onto the train, really couldn't be giving a buck where his district partner was at the moment. He saw a compartment with what looked like the dist.2 pair, their mentor and a small pony that looked rather weak. Steel took off his backpack, pieced together his lance and started tapping with it.

Sorry I'm late!

Solar Flicker opened her eyes blearily, then shut them against the light of the sun. The night before had been rough, and wheat dust still clogged her nostrils. She rolled out of bed and pulled her usual jumpsuit over  her body, hiding a few knives in the sleeves in case the peacekeepers tried to kill somepony. Just the same routine she had gone through day after day after day, saving the Reaping.

Her eyes widened. The reaping! She glanced at the calender. Today. How could the date creep up on her like that?

And District 9's female tribute for the 47th Hunger Games is: The irritating voice of the official rang through her head. Sunny Daze! Come forward, and receive your honor.

The memory still haunted her, two years later. Sunny Daze had been her closeest friend. And she had let her slip through her hooves without a thought. She had been too stunned to do or say anything.Sunny Daze never made it past the bloodbath.

But her name had never been called. Why would this year be any different? Still, she hesitated coming out the door. 

___

Solar Flicker kept her blue eyes fixed on the ground, ot daring make eye contact with anypony. Who knew who the next tribute would be? She hoped desparately it wasn't one of her friends. The same routine she went through every year. 

The same official as every year wished them a happy Hunger Games, and that the odds would be in their favor. The usual. She began to tune out the old cliches.

"Miss Flicker! I have called your name twice now, and I can see you standing there!" The official snapped. "Don't pretend you can't hear me."

Slowly, Solar Flicker flapped her wings and flew to the podium, too stunned to think. It had happened. "Good luck." She whispered to the male tribute after he had been called.

___

The train slowly huffed out of the station. Flicker sat beside the male tribute, but could think of nothing to say. She had said her good-byes, and the emotional exertion had exhausted her. Her eyelids began to droop, her head to nod, and the gentle rocking of the train lulled her into a shallow, dream filled sleep.

@@Flicker

Striker looked around at the different ponies who had come on the train, there was Frozen who was trying to convince a smaller pony to work with her, probably going to kill her straight afterwards, "how disgusting of her!" Striker thought. There were two ponies Striker had yet to meet, a pony doing something with a lance, the pony who watched Striker  from the back of the train, and a pony who was asleep.

"Well then, who is going to die first?" Striker looked at the small pony, Frozen was talking to, to Strikers surprise something about the pony convinced him that she would stay alive for a while. After a few minutes Striker made his bets and walked to the back of the cabin, where the sleeping pony was, nudging her, Striker gave a surprisingly friendly smile and asked "This seat taken?"

Lightning Tumble allowed herself to relax slightly. This pony seemed sincere enough, and knowing someone had her back, even for a short while before she died, made her feel a lot better.

A few minutes later the other District 2 tribute spoke up, telling both her and the kind pony that they were stupid and telling them they were delaying the inevitable. Tumbles' face sank and she feltblike she was going to cry again. She knew she was going to die, but she didn't want to hear it every two minutes. She bit her lip and stare  out of the window, trying to focus on something else.

She then heard the meat eating pony say something directed at her. 'Who is going to die first?' Tumble couldn't hold her tears in anymore and hid her head in her hooves, crying, and she hated herself for it. She didn't want to look weak and helpless, she wanted to be strong.

After that, Tumble thought hard about her  strenghts. Being from District eight, she could easily make things out of rope and thread, so she figured she could set a basic trap. She convinced herself from there that she wasn't useless and cheered herself up slightly, rubbing her eyes and looking cheerful, wwith a slight smile on her face.

@

"Don't worry, with your sewing skills and my fighting and technology skills we will make an epic team!" Frozen sat on another seat with the smaller pony and showed her the plan. "This is the plan, if we stick to it this plan we will have a big chance!" Frozen smiled. "So what's your name? Mines Frozen Mint!"

"My name's Lightning Tumble." She answered, before lowering her voice and saying " So, what's the plan?"

She took a quick look at the other tributes, making sure they weren't listening. She didn't want any potential plans foiled by any of the others being nosey and listening in. She was glad that she had a partner in these horrndous games, and from the looks of things nnone of the others were teaming up.

@@Flicker, (ah no, it's all good.)

Steel hears everpony in the car talking about the game, and odds. "Funny how they want to make bets and talk about plans in an open car. Sensible." Steel listens into the conversation a bit, and hears the dist.2 pony talking about death, sort of in a joking voice.

Steel slams his lance down and walks over. "This isn't an actual game, you know. Ponies die. Good ponies that good be used in a greater purpose than entertainment for the government and the high class like you dist.1,2 and 3 ponies. People from 4 on downward live in poverty; it's all we can do to stay alive. If you want to die for entertainment, have fun! Just don't include the desperate in it." Steel storms back to his seat and starts polishing his lance.

"My name's Lightning Tumble." She answered, before lowering her voice and saying " So, what's the plan?"

She took a quick look at the other tributes, making sure they weren't listening. She didn't want any potential plans foiled by any of the others being nosey and listening in. She was glad that she had a partner in these horrndous games, and from the looks of things nnone of the others were teaming up.

Frozen gave Tumble the paper. "First, we will run and not collect weapons, then we will gather food and find a base, then we will create traps, make weapons done! Then we will eat food and sleep, and we should be fine!" Frozen smiled at Tumble. "What do you think is that okay?" 

Leaf felt sick to his stomach, his death was in 4 days, and he had to live it with the CAPITOL. THE MOTHER BUCKING CAPITAL. Leaf, f he could, would definitely kill everyone in the Capitol if he could.

Starry glanced around, lots of ponies, talking, possibly thinking of how they'd defend themselves in the arena.

Frozen gave Tumble the paper. "First, we will run and not collect weapons, then we will gather food and find a base, then we will create traps, make weapons done! Then we will eat food and sleep, and we should be fine!" Frozen smiled at Tumble. "What do you think is that okay?" 

Lightning nodded

"But what if the otherz find out about the base? And what about," She gulped and hated to break it to Frozen, "The single victor?" She asked, her voice wavering. She agreed that it would be a great plan, but the one victor rule would mean that ond of them had to... Die...Tumble bit her lip again, refusing to cry again and make herself look weak.

Lightning nodded

"But what if the otherz find out about the base? And what about," She gulped and hated to break it to Frozen, "The single victor?" She asked, her voice wavering. She agreed that it would be a great plan, but the one victor rule would mean that ond of them had to... Die...Tumble bit her lip again, refusing to cry again and make herself look weak.

"It will be fine" Frozen showed Tumble the berries. "Here I will eat these to make you live." The thing is Frozen was being serious, Frozen only really wanted to have a younger partner because she would treat her like her younger sister who died. A little tear went down Frozen's cheek she wiped it and then put the berries away. "We are going to be great partners" Frozen hugged Tumble and then sat down in her old seat where the district 2 mentor looked rather confused. "I will see you later!" Frozen said to Tumble, and then the mentor carried on with his speech, Frozen wanted to love Tumble like her sister, but it also would mean she would be saving another life, but another reason, if someone was like a family they could get points from the audience and this could give the 2 ponies another chance.

The train hissed into the station, Addem's eyes fixed on the shiny metal. He vaguely remembered piecing together the parts for this type of train's engine; it had been one of his most exciting projects. He chuckled bitterly. "At least I leave a legacy." The sarcasm dripped from his voice as he climbed onto the train.

Once inside, he made his way to the train car, just in time to catch,

"This isn't an actual game, you know. Ponies die. Good ponies that good be used in a greater purpose than entertainment for the government and the high class like you dist.1,2 and 3 ponies. People from 4 on downward live in poverty; it's all we can do to stay alive. If you want to die for entertainment, have fun! Just don't include the desperate in it." 

Addem bristled, trotting over to the pegasus. "Hey! District one and two might be crazy, but three doesn't like the reaping any more than you." He paused, then added, "Though you're right. These damn games take too many good ponies."

The train hissed into the station, Addem's eyes fixed on the shiny metal. He vaguely remembered piecing together the parts for this type of train's engine; it had been one of his most exciting projects. He chuckled bitterly. "At least I leave a legacy." The sarcasm dripped from his voice as he climbed onto the train.

Once inside, he made his way to the train car, just in time to catch,

Addem bristled, trotting over to the pegasus. "Hey! District one and two might be crazy, but three doesn't like the reaping any more than you." He paused, then added, "Though you're right. These damn games take too many good ponies."

'Yera, but some of you seem a bit happy. Just a misconception, then.' Steel takes a look at the pony seeing that he stands around the same height as he would, and looks rather strong. He says 'Maybe with the two of us we can make it through the game, hey?' *subtly hinting at team up*

. After a few minutes Striker made his bets and walked to the back of the cabin, where the sleeping pony was, nudging her, Striker gave a surprisingly friendly smile and asked "This seat taken?"

Flicker jumped a little and shifted to the right. "No." She mumbled. "Go ahead." "Don't you want to survive?" She mentally asked herself.

"Well, of course."

"Then you can't have your shy moments. From now on, you have to be fierce. I've seen you do that before, it will pull you through."

"I don't know. This is all so strange."

"I don't care." Her mind snarled. "Make allies."

She turned to the stallion and extended her hoof. "I'm Solar Flicker, but you can call me Flicker. Everypony does."

'Yera, but some of you seem a bit happy. Just a misconception, then.' Steel takes a look at the pony seeing that he stands around the same height as he would, and looks rather strong. He says 'Maybe with the two of us we can make it through the game, hey?' *subtly hinting at team up*

Addem chuckled, shaking his head. "We might be able to make it most of the way through. On of us is gonna have to die, though." He swallowed, then said, "Might as well, though. Weaponmaker and engineer, not a bad combo."

Addem looked around at the other ponies. "You've been here longer than I. Who do I need to look out for?"

Addem chuckled, shaking his head. "We might be able to make it most of the way through. On of us is gonna have to die, though." He swallowed, then said, "Might as well, though. Weaponmaker and engineer, not a bad combo."

Addem looked around at the other ponies. "You've been here longer than I. Who do I need to look out for?"

"yera. Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will kill one of us first.' Steel pats addem on the back and starts pacing around. " Where IS our mentor? I don't mind him not being here, but really. At least some guidance would be useful." He then sits down and starts carving runes into his lance head for... special purposes.

@@Flicker,

Striker couldn't help grin a little as he noticed Flicker having  a conversation in her head. "Well Flicker my name is Striker, so tell me what district are you from? I am from district 11, terrible place, but from the looks of it you must be from 7, or even 6?" Striker asked happily, he might as well know which district she was from, before she was killed by some other pony. 

Fireball yawned, and opened her eyes. She stretched her wings, and got out of bed. Then she stopped everything she was doing with a small jump inside. Then she remembered; today was the day of the reaping. She hoped deep down inside hre that she wouldn

t be picked. But of course, like always, fate had its way of coming true....

@jdor11 

"Nine." Flicker replied. "I'm from District nine. We're in charge of the grain industry. Not a fun job if you have hay fever." She stretched her wings and listened as the joints made little snapping noises similar to popping knuckles. "The peacekeepers can get a little strict sometimes, if you're into understatements. That's why I took to smuggling weapons in my suit." With a start she realized she had left her suit at home. No more night stealth. Just a sunny yellow coat and a fiery orange mane. Brilliant. Next the inevitable questions about her cutie mark would flood from the fans, and she'd have to remember what lie she told to make sure it was always the same one.

@@Flicker

"District nine huh? I met a pony from district nine once, wonderful fellow, if only the guards hadn't executed him the next day. Well anyway District nine sounds relatively nice in comparison to 11 or 12, celestia knows about 12..." Striker said thoughtfully, "So your good with stealth? So am i! You might be easy to spot, but i have know a very special trick that no other pony could possibly know! It might even help you! who knows? If we are going to work together i rather you stay alive until the end!"