Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private MLP Hunger Games

Imagine

Welcome to the Hunger Games! May the Odds be ever in your favor! Well, they certainly aren't at all. Somepony's life in the crowd is in extreme jeopardy, and doesn't stand a chance in that arena. But when you found out that its you, you get ready for death, and your last days being in luxury. The story began...49 years ago...

Equestria, dear Equestria, went down in flames, dreaded flames, and all of Equestria was wiped out, somehow, the ever slightest population of ponies lived. And they made Eqquestria back up again, as Ketun, being rised by cruel ponies, they made a horrible decision, they made the Capitol, and 12 districts, The Capitol is cruel, harsh, and high class, making 2 tributes from each district fight to the death. Some of the districts however, are strong, and others are far weak and helpless.

Ever since then, this phenomenon has been going on for 49 years straight, what will happen when you get chosen?

Characters:

Leaf woke up with a migraine, remembering it was the day of the reaping, (his last one, to be exact) he groaned, prayed that he wouldn't get picked, and got up to get dressed. His district was full of trees, and other things that have to do with nature and wood. Since its what his district specialized in. When he finished getting dressed, he just decided to wander outside, aimlessly.

Starry Night didn't feel well, it was the day of the reaping, and that explained it all. She rolled over and sighed, she could be picked, and if she was going to be picked, well, 3 words for her: DEAL WITH IT. She would die, and thats all she needed to know. She feared of getting picked, She was helpless, weak, and didn't know how to handle weapons.

Frozen woke up, normally feeling ready for anything, but today was a different day... it was reaping day, this was the day when ponies get picked to go in the hunger games, the only day Frozen dreaded. Frozen looked up at the sky and said to herself "Don't choose me, you know you love me." Frozen looked out the window to see all the ponies stood outside, the weapon benches were disbanded, when normally district 2 had to be working on weapons. Frozen knew how to fight but had no training so it was hard for her. Frozen stood outside with the crowd... waiting for the words she did not want to hear...

Still woke up feeling groggy. Waking up early was already painful enough, but on days like this it was especially painful. It was time for the reaping to get underway. Still hated "useless" days like this. He'd much rather be doing something productive like studying or reading. Instead he had to spend the day surrounded by other ponies. Personally Still enjoyed watching the Hunger Games every year. Seeing ponies actually fighting for their lives was exciting and almost as fun as getting lost in an epic story. What he hated was all the time spent picking out the victims and having the capital try to make characters out of them. Typical fake reality show garbage.

Still's stomach growled as he stood in the crowd. He wasn't the only one. All of the ponies around him looked like they were ready to fall over. Living in District 2 was no picnic. It was hard work doing so much manual labor to create weapons, yet the workers were barely given enough food to survive. Being a unicorn, Still was required to use his magic for production which wasn't nearly as painful. Normally by this time he would have snuck out into the forest and scrounged up something to eat.

He tapped his foot impatiently, waiting for the annoying mayor to hurry up and pick out two names.

OOC: Sorry for the giant wall of text.

There I was, picking some grain off the plants in my father's field. District 9 is the district responsible for acquiring the grain needed in Panem. It is hard work, but somepony has to do it. It was a bit easier for me, as I am an unicorn and I can use magic to help me. But I was the only one in the field doing any work. My father was sick and my mother had died a while back from sickness. I didn't really have any friends, but I recognized some of the faces in my district. There was that pegasus, Fireball, but I don't know what she does in the district. Something to do with agriculture, I suppose. I don't really talk to her much, but I occasionally make eye contact with her in town. I don't know if that counts as being friends, but oh well.

I was not looking forward to today. Today would be Reaping Day, the day where each district's tributes would be chosen for the annual Hunger Games. The Hunger Games was an event that had two ponies fighting against other ponies from the other eleven districts. It was a brutal and disturbing game and what made it worse it that ponies actually watched it on television. Yes, it was an actual show created for ponies in the Capitol. Ponies in the Capitol were selfish greedy ponies who didn't care if a couple of ponies died. Occasionally, even young fillies and colts were chosen and usually killed. It was a sick game. 

At the reaping day, some fancy elite would come up on a stage and draw names out of a box. One colt and one filly. Stallions and mares weren't allowed to be in the games. Lucky them. Those two tributes would have no other choice than to fight in the Hunger Games and hopefully win. I am not looking forward to it later this evening.

-----

Reaping Day is here and I stand in the crowd, awaiting the two names of District 9's tributes. I never got picked and probably never will. It's a good thing too. My blue body is really fragile and skinny and I wouldn't last at all in the Hunger Games. So for the most part, it's good that I never get chosen. But there is some bad things about this. You have to watch people you know suffer when their filly or colt dies in a horrible death. It is really depressing and just being in District 9 makes you feel guilty. But what can you do?

The pony chosen to pick out names for District 9 this year is really weird looking. She has a big poofy pink mane and her purple coat is covered in too much makeup. She kind of looks like a clown, but I guess that is what Capitol Elites dress like. Weird folks, they are. There is a box in front of her and she starts reaching her hoof down into it. She pulls out her hoof and a white slip of paper is there. She holds it out and reads it aloud.

"Blue Moon."

I am shocked by what I hear. Did they really just call my name? What am I going to do? My dad needs me or our family will lose all the money we have and die out. And I'll probably die in the Hunger Games. 

I show no emotion on my outside body though. I was never one for showing emotion. I just blink my eyes slowly and trot through the crowd and onto the stage, waiting to see who is chosen for female tribute.

Edited by Blue_Moon

@@FatPat

Frozen saw a stallion in the crowd he seemed to be the only pony who wanted to get this over and done with. "Do you realize ponies lives could be in danger, or you could..." This was not like Frozen, but she needed to be firm because her little sister Midnight Blue's died in the Hunger Games. "Sorry... I didn't mean to over react, lets just say that one of my family members died." Frozen then stepped away from the pony.

Addem woke with a start, his face pressed against the machine he'd fallen asleep on. He groaned, fumbling for his glasses and pushing them onto his face, then hurriedly donned his usual lab coat. He galloped out of the warehouse, charging towards the field. He slowed as he reached the massed ponies, mingling in with the crowd. He breathed a sigh of relief, looking over to the females' side. His eyes locked onto his sister's, both ponies mouthing, "Good luck."

The pony onstage beamed out towards the massed ponies. "Happy Hunger Games to you all!" She flipped back her translucent mane before continuing. "I'm sure you all know why we're here, so let's just get down to business, shall we?" The smile slid from her face as the crowd continued to stare blankly at her, then trotted forwards. She pressed a button on the large contraption, which churned to life, gears turning and black smoke belching out of it. A small slip of paper shot out of a slot at its base, which she held up and read aloud. "Addem Up!"

Addem's jaw dropped, his glasses slipping off of his face. He made no move to pick them up, his chest rising and falling. No... Not me... He swallowed hard, breaking his trance, then bent to pick up his glasses. He placed them back onto his face, fiddling with them as he trotted out of the crowd and onto the stage.

Still shifted his eyes to the voice that was directed at him. A green pegasus apparently had a problem with his lack of interest in what was going on. Before he had a chance to respond, she had apologized and shrunk away into the crowd. That was perfectly fine with him, he wouldn't have wasted the time to say anything back. She looked young. The younger ones were always terrified on Reaping day. Most of the older ponies like Still had come to accept the event. District 2 was known for three things: mining, weapon making, and training peace keepers. The former two occupations lead grueling lives, and Still knew that once these ponies got older and realized what their lives consisted of, the Hunger Games didn't sound like such a big deal. It was more like a sweet release.

Interestingly, no pony who was involved with the peace keepers had ever been picked. Quite the "coincidence."

Somepony behind Still pushed him forward. Coming out of his inner thoughts, Still continued to be nudged forward. He looked up to see the mayor waving him to come up on stage. Still's heart began pounding once he reached the steps. While the mayor was giving some stupid speech, Still darted his eyes around. He looked at the sky, at the buildings, at the podium. Anywhere to get away from the thousands of eyes. He hated being in front of crowds.

His mind got busy processing what had just happened. He had just been picked to be a part of a death game where twenty four ponies entered an arena and only one left. Images of the past Hunger Games began to run through his mind. Still had watched a number of them during his life. His body became very tense. "Relax," he said to himself. "You've watched a bunch of these. You've read numerous stories about ponies fighting for survival. You can do this."

Still was so lost in his personal pep talk that he didn't hear the second tribute being called.

Wheatley woke up in his bed, he felt really exhausted and he checked his watch. Surprised, he said "Oh no, I'm late again!", quickly, he grabbed his glasses and his coat, but he stood there for a moment, thinking of what if he gets chosen? What is one of his family gets chosen? What would I do?, but it was getting late, there was no time for any bad thoughts and he left his house and traveled to the reunion. The town he was living was sort of deserted, maybe everyone left, but he didn't care about that either.

He walked around for a few minutes and found a really large crowd of people, he felt really nervous about this, his legs were shaking, he looked around and saw nothing but a bunch of ponies scared, still, he needed to continue, he thought  " Its just like any other one we had, besides, there isn't a very big chance of me getting chosen".

He pushed a few ponies to get to a nice spot, everyone seem'd so scared that they were making him even more nervous, he did knew how to defend himself however, and he had a very big knowledge of nature, he could reunite materials and make potions with them, but still, there were better fighters than him, he sticked with the "Survival first" idea.

Paying attention to the announcer, he was just getting bored of the talking.

After Frozen watched the pony be pushed onto the stage, she thought he deserved it for not caring until the thing she dreaded was said. "And the mare for district 2 is Frozen Mint..." Frozen's heart pounded, she ended up being pushed up to the stage just lik ethe other pony." As the person kept talking about the games Frozen felt dead inside...

@@FatPat

Frozen looked at the Blue pony. "I guess your ready to fight and die hey." Frozen said trying to be normal about this.

Leaf walked to the Square of District 7, he walked to the area where the selection would be, and sighed, this would be his last time at the reaping, so that would be a good thing, since his chances of dying if he isn't picked are a bit lower, a mare with a hot pink coat, qua blue hair in the stupid manecut he had ever seen in his entire life, and yellow eyes walked up to the podium, "Welcome to the 50th Annual Hunger Games! May the Odds be ever in your favor!" The mare said in a very high pitched voice, and gave a wink to the crowd, in which the crowd replied with a growl or a glare at the mare. The mare babbled on for at least 30 minutes, and finally said, "Now! We shall pick our ponies!" The mare squeaked, and followed with, "Ladies First!" She trotted over to the bowl of names, and picked a name, "Rose Leaf!" (I made this mare up) she waled up to the stage with a frightened look on her face. "Now, its time for the stallion!" The mare squealed, and trotted towards the other bowl, Leaf couldn't believe what he had just heard when his name was called, "Leaf!" the mare squeaked. Leaf's eyes widened, and he twitched, "Well, I'm bucked." Leaf thought as he slowly and shakily walked up the stage.

Starry made her way to the square, and thought in her head, "There is a slight chance, just a slight chance of me getting picked, don't worry about it," A scrawny white stallion with an extremely long and violet mane with plain black eyes walked up to the stage. "Welcome to the 50th Hunger Games! May the Odds be in your favor." The stallion said in a blank tone, he said a bunch of stupid and useless stuff, and finally went over to the bucket to pick a name. "Starry Night." The stallion said. Starry's heart sunk. She said under her breath, "Good bye world. I always hated you." Starry new she still could live, but ever since what was called Equestria became the abomination known as Ketun, some ponies no longer had care for the world. The stallions name was called, and she whispered something to him, "Sorry." she said.

This was really boring for Wheatley, it seem'd like the same for everyone else too, his eyes were closing and then the announcer said "¡And the stallion for District 5 is!". She took a paper from the container and she said "¡Wheatley!". Wheatley wasn't paying attention at all, but he noticed that the guards were approaching him. "Wha... Wait... What? Did I got chosen? " Wheatley was trying to escape the guards but they grabbed him he shouted "Get off me! You can't do this, this is ridiculous", he couldn't resist and then he just left it. Sad, and scared, he walked forward, looked at the announcer with so much anger, like if was her fault.

Wheatley just couldn't believe it, he thought "Well, I actually got chosen, maybe I was wrong all the time. Well better just wait for the next one, just what am I going to do"

Edited by Wheatley

Striker stood outside of the wooden fence that lay just outside of his districts borders, like other ponies he knew they frequently went outside, secretly of course to gather supplies, unlike most ponies though, Striker had taken to eating meat, he did not like it but it kept him from starving of hunger, the hunting helped Striker improve his hunting skills he was extremely dangerous with almost any knife or sword given to him, and his hiding and stocking skills were much higher then most ponies in the area. Today was the reaping, the day of death, he did not fear death, but he had other plans at the moment other then dying. He made his way to the stage where the choices were always made, he was 18 so he was just the right age for getting picked. He stood and watched as the announcer made his choice from the jar, "Striker shadow wings!" Striker groaned, he had no say in the matter and was not happy about it, but then again, he was not afraid  he had no family so he did not say goodbye, he walked up to the stage silently, the rest of the district stayed silent as well, they all knew Striker as a good enough pony so his loss from the District would be hard on the town.

Steel stood in the crowd among dozens of other dist. 10  ponies like him. No really, exactly like him. They all had the same sort of skin he did, and the same eye color. 

Steel looks around, hoping not to get picked. 'The odds of survival are slim,' he said to himself.' The odds that there will be a lance are  slim, and the odds that i'll be able to keep my bracelet for magic will be slim. He hears the dist. 10 mare get called up. Then he hears the announcers voice.'And the stallion tribute for district 10 will be...*paper swishing noise* ... Irish Steel.'

'Buck no, oh buck no.' he says. The other ponies in front of him stand back respectfully as he trots up. As part of the illegal hunting force, they pat him on the back and call out 'good luck, man!'

Steel gets to the stage, and while the mayor is making that annoying speech of his as he always does, he turns to the mare and says 'Hey there. Heres hoping one of us makes it through, eh?'

Lightning Tumble woke up in a cold sweat. She didn't need to take a look at her calendar, she was counting the days down to today. She ran a comb through her mane quickly before catching up with her older sister, shaking slightly. After her sister tried to console her Lightning Tumble stopped shaking, but she didn't lose her nerves.

Her and her sister mingled in with the crowd on the female side and looked nervously up at the stage. It's okay Tumble, don't let the nerves bring you down. You have as much chance as all of the others here... She thought, as she saw the announcer walk up on stage and levitate a scrap of paper from the bowl.

"Lightning Tumble!" The announcer cried, and Lightning Tumble shook her head, wondering if she heard her right. She saw the guards approaching her but she made no effort to move, still disbelieving. She didn't even hear the name of the stallion being called.

After the reaping day ceremony was finished, the announcer showed Striker the way to the train that would take him to district 1, as Striker looked back at the district he was leaving, he felt no sadness. most of the ponies were afraid of him because of his carnivores ways, and no pony ever talked to him unless they had to. As Striker made his way onto the train he thought to himself, "If i am going to survive this i will need a partner, but someone as skilled as i am! If i am going to die, i am going to die in a battle worth my death." Striker had no valuables no home nothing except for the multiple hunting and fighting blades and a small necklace with dog tags. The Train left and made it's way to district 10.

Frozen was lead onto a train, she sat down and all her nerves had gone, she felt more courageous than before, she felt like she could tackle anything, though she was milking it she a feeling. Frozen tied her hair in a ponytail (Ha ponytail) and sat down, she tried to look on the train, just in case this was a trick, and everyone was taken to happy land...

@@Screw Ball,

Striker saw as a new pony was led on to the train, with a word he silently walked over to her and sat in a chair slightly behind her. He simply analyzed this pony and looked at the way she was built, from the looks of it she was not going to last long, but Striker knew never to trust what a pony looked like, they could have a surprise or two up their hooves. 

@@jdor11

Frozen turned around from her chair to see a stallion seating in front. "Hey how long are you gunna last?" Frozen raised an eyebrow. "Any good in combat?" Frozen had her saddle bag perched on her back and grabbed a dagger with her mouth and placed in by his throat. She smiled and then placed it back in her bag. "Once I see some talent, I will give you a chance..." Frozen turned away from the stallion and then sat down, she grabbed her dagger and started to sharpen some arrow heads. In quick time she formed an bow and arrow. In her bag she carried poisons, and potions and of course weapons, she was from district 2. She then turned back to the stallion. "So what is your name? And are you worth my time?" 

@@Screw Ball,

Striker looked at this Pony silently, She put a dagger to his Throat so he returned the favor, Quickly he threw a small nail he kept in his bag, it hit the arrow head The pony was holding, slicing it perfectly off. When the nail hit the wall it nailed the arrow head with it. Striker kept smiling and walked over to the pony. "Name is Striker, And i would say that i am worth your time, unless of course your fond of dying." Striker sat down in a chair across from the pony and looked in his bag, inside he found dry strips of rabbit and took them out and handed the strips out to the pony. "Want some? It taste bad at first but you get used to it."

Edited by jdor11

Even in a strong district like 1, Chip Away had an indimidating aura. As sh made her way to the realing, everypony couldn't help but back away. An eleven year old filly had the misfortune to bump into her. Chippy froze.

"Sorry, missus.." The filly casually told Chippy wih a bit of sass. Chippy grit her teath. She hated sass.

"Sorry isn't going to cut it." Chippy said with a growl, and smaked her as quick as a whip. Due to her rock hard hooves, the filly got a huge bruise.

"Help!" The filly screamed, causin the poy who was going to reap to stare. The mare had been reaping for years, and she knew Chippy well.

"Chips, this is the tenth time you hit a filly during a reaping, and you aren't even sixteen yet. Shuddup and stay in line, or else you'll pack up and go into the Hunger Games." The mare said with a sharp growl into her microphone.

"I'd love that." Chippy said with a grin. "And don't call me Chips."

"I'm yout superior, I do what I want." She mare piped. "On a happier note, i'd love it if you went into the Hunger Games so I don't have to hear the fillie's accursed howls of pain."

Chippy just grinned at that, flashing her stripes, causing ponies to scoot away from her.

@@jdor11

Frozen looked up once again when her arrow split. "I should've used a sharper slate..." Frozen received some Rabbit leather and she raised an eyebrow. "I am a vegetarian and I do not eat meat but this make me stronger...." Frozen grabbed a stronger piece of slate from her bag and sharpened it. "Are you looking for a team member, if not consider us rivals..." Frozen smiled and then continued talking. "Lets just say I am in it to win it, I know this because my sister died her and I am taking revenge on the hunger games..." 

@@Screw Ball,'

"Some revenge you have, your revenge is to win the games? Because if that is so, it is no revenge, you are simply fueling the games. As for if we are partners..." Striker thought for a second, taking a bite out of the rabbit strips, "I personally don't care if we are partners or not, i have other plans that don't include being killed, so if you want to be partners fine, just try not to show of a bit now will ya?" 

The train moved along at a modest pace. Great mountains stretched to the sky all around. Every now and then the train had to enter a tunnel. Even though there was plenty of lighting, Still always became aware when the darkness planted itself all around. Since he had no books to read, Still had been silently watching the other ponies. This wasn't just typical pony watching though, soon all of them would be focused on ending his life.

The other tribute from District 2 was a pegasus, and oddly enough the one that had bugged him in the crowd. It was kind of funny. District 2 had a large Earth pony population, and yet the tributes this year were a unicorn and a pegasus. She didn't seem particularly threatening. Young mares rarely made headway in the game unless they were specially trained.

Still was more concerned about the pegasus she was talking to. The brown one looked powerful. His cutie mark, a sword and shield, was certainly telling of what kind of fighter he was. Definitely not the kind Still wanted to have a run in with once they were in the arena.

Dispite that, the brown pegasus seemed like a small worry compared to the zebra. Still was not the only one eyeing her up. It felt like an aura of danger was radiating from her. Still had seen many victories claimed by contestants like her. Not only were they the strongest fighters, but the other tributes were more than often simply too afraid to launch an assult. It allowed them to become prime hunters and have full access to the limited weapons, food and supplies scattered about.

Still looked out the window. Seeing the trees race by helped to calm his nerves. He couldn't let that zebra intimidate him, otherwise he'd fall right into her hooves and get his neck snapped. He closed his weary eyes. There would be plenty of time to observe the others once they arrived at the capital.

[i wanna be a fighter not a actor my cutie mark is now a dagger...]

@@jdor11

"Maybe, I will see I guess what I could do is so who else is here " Frozen was a warrior at heart, she enjoyed making weapons but not as much as using them, Frozen main battle skills were arrows and sword fighting, being here did scare her because of what happened to her sister, but she wanted to take revenge and win for her. Frozen knew who she really wanted to partner with, not someone who was tough and could turn on her, but someone who needed help. Frozen thought to herself. "There must be one" 

Frozen looked around, there was the brown stallion who she was talking too, she knew that all he wanted was to win, she looked around more and she saw a blue stallion, he was the one from her district, probably the best to work with who was on the train.

Frozen started to mash flowers and other things to make poisons and potions, Frozen now felt different, could she win this?

@@FatPat

A stallion walked through the train, he looked at me and the blue pony from my district he then asked me to sit next to the blue stallion and then he sat in front. "I will be your mentor, you are both in district 2 correct?" Frozen nodded. "Good well I will be helping you to train so you can learn tricks and impress the judges."

@ Everyone

(OOC - Are we doing the training part of the Hunger Games or just going straight into it because it would be better if we train)

As Tumble was shoved onto the train, she fought back tears. She absolutely hated the Games, but now that she was a tribute she was terrified  them. She wanted to be brave and tough like some of the other tributes. All of the ponies on the train seemed menacing. There was one making weapons, another eating what looked like flesh and one staring out of the window.

Tumble shrank into a seat as far away as possible, occasionally glancing at them, listening in to their conversation. She bit her lip, telling herself to toughen up but she didn't have enough inner strength. She felt like she was gonna be the first to die, so she vowed that she would train until she excelled in everything and got a perfect training score to wow the sponsors into sending her items of use. Tumvle sighed and stared blankly at the floor, still listening to the conversation between the weapon making pegasus and the carnivorous pegasus.