Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G1 avatar revolution. Is anybody interested?

Wingnut

I've noticed that a number of us have been using G1 avatars based on FIM predecessors.  Besides my own Posey-Fluttershy connection, I've seen DashForever and Nascarfan recently honor Firefly and Artemis briefly used a G1 Twilight avatar.  I've also seen a Surprise avvie being used by somebody. 

This isn't much and yet the longest journey begins with a single step.  I dunno if enough people are into this for it to catch on.  I've addressed a couple of individuals about it and the reactions were a lukewarm "maybe".

I have yet to use a real signature for my posts.  But if I do have on made, it will probably be one of those pictures that show Twilight, Firefly, Surprise, Posey, Sparkler, and Applejack in FiM style. 

You Applejack fans are lucky...because FiM AJ is merely an updated form of G1 AJ, you're already onboard with this movement.  wink.png

Awww snap, I think I picked the right day to start posting on this forum.

Anyway, if my username wasn't a giveaway, I've been a fan of the series for a long time. I don't really use avatars or signatures for G1 stuff, but I have watched the show. I think all the episodes are available on YouTube.

This fandom's theme might be "Loving and Tolerating", but there's something that we can barely tolerate: THE ABERRATION KNOWN AS G3.5.

But hey, at least G1 is more tolerable.

• Brohoof 2

Am I the only one who finds it funny that Wingnut can't even write a post here at the Forum Lounge without it becoming a wall full of content :P

No offense though, your walls are best walls :D

• Brohoof 1

Am I the only one who finds it funny that Wingnut can't even write a post here at the Forum Lounge without it becoming a wall full of content tongue.png

No offense though, your walls are best walls biggrin.png

Thanks.  happy.png I'm lousy at short OPs but decent with Lounge replies.

(edited)

That's it, huh? 

Well, I'm not letting this movement go down without a fight.  If I have to flood the Youtube thread with G1 episodes, that's what I'll do!img-1383959-1-tongue.png

EDIT:  On second thought, that's it.  This "movement" is officially declared dead.

Edited by Wingnut

But there was no Luna in G1. D:

I don't remember any alicorns in G1.  The "princess" of the G1 ponies was Megan.  Every time they got into a jam, they needed her help to get out of it.  :P