Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hot Minute: Twilight Sparkle

MorningFlash

Looks like we're going to have a 'Twilight learns to fly' episode. Or moment. Looks like they're at the Crystal Empire. Wonder if they season will pick up right after the last episode or if they will continue the grand two episode 'fighting evil' adventure, as tradition.

• Brohoof 6

Wow. That's really awesome. Not sure what to say except more, more, more!!!!! It sure sounded like Tara, so I'm guessing it's for real. Does anypony know the deal when this video?

Edited by Nature Spell

Wow. That's really awesome. Not sure what to say except more, more, more!!!!! It sure sounded like Tara, so I'm guessing it's for real. Does anypony know the deal when this video?

That's really Tara Strong. They also got Ashleigh Ball and Andrea Libman to do Dash and Fluttershy, respectively.

Did I sense some foreshadowing in there? Crystal Empire? Learning to fly? Starswirl? Celestia and Luna as fillies? NACHOS!?

• Brohoof 9

woah. thats cool, i know that there are spoilers in there maybe rainbowdash and fluttershy will teach twilight to fly, they probably just pretended that the part where she flew at the end didn't happen 

• Brohoof 2

That's really Tara Strong. They also got Ashleigh Ball and Andrea Libman to do Dash and Fluttershy, respectively.

Did I sense some foreshadowing in there? Crystal Empire? Learning to fly? Starswirl? Celestia and Luna as fillies? NACHOS!?

Where are the videos with Ashleigh and Andrea? Yeah I think it's a fair bet we will see some of those things in a episode.

I really love seeing her as an Alicorn and yet still being Twilight! So awesome!

Huzzah indeed Atomic!

Edited by Nature Spell
  • Brohoof 3

Where are the videos with Ashleigh and Andrea? Yeah I think it's a fair bet we will see some of those things in a episode.

I really love seeing her as an Alicorn and yet still being Twilight! So awesome!

Huzzah indeed Atomic!

If you're talking about the Hot Minute video, then the links are here and here.

Rainbow Dash:

Fluttershy:

Yeah, that small clip they did show of Twilight more or less falling flat on her face indeed cast some foreshadowing.

• Brohoof 6

Looks like we're going to have a 'Twilight learns to fly' episode. Or moment. Looks like they're at the Crystal Empire. Wonder if they season will pick up right after the last episode or if they will continue the grand two episode 'fighting evil' adventure, as tradition.

I'm thinking she will have a learn to fly but then she will also have to save people from some sort of monster, and she won't fully know how to use her wings till she does and trusts in "her friends" advice on how to fly ect :)!

I like how they've put her wings a bit higher up when they're tucked away. Her character design still looks a litte wonky when they're extended, but that's to be expected since she was never meant to have wings in the first place.

Really excited for season 4!

• Brohoof 2

I like how they've put her wings a bit higher up when they're tucked away. Her character design still looks a litte wonky when they're extended, but that's to be expected since she was never meant to have wings in the first place.

Really excited for season 4!

I'm sure the animators have been working on her new design. I think she looks great! Is it me or are her wings bigger and differently shaped than a born Pegasus? I hope so because my new fanfic says they are.

I also noticed she has her normal cutie mark, so maybe no new pony after all.

@midnightinferno Thanks for the links!

Edited by Nature Spell

Next time I'm in KFC, I'm going to ask if the chicken is hoof licking good :)

Those were cool Hot Minutes. I'd have to say Dash's was my favorite. Don't hold back Dash...let that bad boy out :)

• Brohoof 1

Awesome!  It has been so long since the last one, I thought that they stopped doing the "Hot Minutes," and we weren't going to get to see any for the other characters.  I am looking forward to Twilight Sparkle perfecting her flying.  I knew that would be a plot point. 

That one part with Twilight falling on her face does look more show-quality than the rest, now that you mention it... I think it's safe to say we'll see that clip or something like it in season 4... As for the other questions... Some of them would be cool to see, but we won't know til next year, so...

HYPE!!!

Edited by MatrixChicken

Yeah, it's not a bad little hot minute. Would very much like the 'learn to fly' episode. Could be very cute. I just chalk the Twi flying in the end scene of S3 as a way to show off the wings for toy sales so I can forget it if we are meant to ;)

The time travel question is the one I'm most interested in though. Very cruel joke if that doesn't appear in the show. Even crueler if it makes it in and it's one of the worst episodes ever, but how likely is that!

(edited)

I'm sure the animators have been working on her new design. I think she looks great! Is it me or are her wings bigger and differently shaped than a born Pegasus? I hope so because my new fanfic says they are.

I also noticed she has her normal cutie mark, so maybe no new pony after all.

@midnightinferno Thanks for the links!

No problem, I wouldn't think they would change her cutie mark just because she became a princess and that she suddenly had wings, even though it was highly speculated.

Edited by MidnightInferno

No problem, I wouldn't think they would change her cutie mark just because she became a princess and that she suddenly had wings, even though it was highly speculated.

The cutie mark question exists because the sky cutie mark (as it's become known) during MMC- when Twilight descends- has 6 small stars around the central large one. In addition, her personal standard, during the coronation procession, had 6 small stars too. It's thought it was a mistake or proof of a new pony.

Oohhh!! I can't wait! :3 I'm so ... Happy that Twilight's herself. And I'm thinking that whenever she walks around Ponyville, the background ponies won't exactly bow or anything...

It was highly speculated? By who? That doesn't even make any sense for the cutie mark would change. She just ranked up, she didn't become a completely different pony. I'm not really sure how any pony could come to that conclusion, though that's also because I've never seen one speculation about her gaining a different cutie mark.

It was highly speculated? By who? That doesn't even make any sense for the cutie mark would change. She just ranked up, she didn't become a completely different pony. I'm not really sure how any pony could come to that conclusion, though that's also because I've never seen one speculation about her gaining a different cutie mark.

It was discussed in one or more of the threads about her becoming an alicorn. I don't think it went beyond those threads, but if you go back to that scene you'll see it. Now again we don't know what it means, if anything, but it was seen and does exist. I didn't mean for this to go off topic. We can leave it here. :-)

The videos rock!

Oohhh!! I can't wait! :3 I'm so ... Happy that Twilight's herself. And I'm thinking that whenever she walks around Ponyville, the background ponies won't exactly bow or anything...

The fanfic I'm trying to work on gets into how other ponies will treat her. It will be great to see how the writers deal with it. Winter is so far.

Edited by Nature Spell
  • Brohoof 1

This certainly reignited my excitement for season 4. Love all the foreshadowing in Twilight's hot minute, but raises some concerns for the fan-fiction I'm writing. Since my story occurs from the pre-Equestrian era to the future of the Mane 6, I'm hoping it doesn't resemble my take on (m)any events. Well....it would be really cool if it did, but could detract from the impact of my ideas. Since I doubt I'll have much writing-time before season four, will just have to draw inspiration from whatever transpires. Really looking forward to how everything ties together biggrin.png 

Edited by Starlight Sky

! Thank you so much for posting this! Apparently I have missed the EqD post on this one. The video was awesome and I'm sure there are a season 4 spoiler in it

Awesome! A little new footage is certainly better than no new footage, and it was actually pretty funny. :lol:

Looks to me like Twilicorn won't be a 'Mary Sue' after all, neighsayers be damned. :)

Edited by SBB64
  • Brohoof 1

Thank you so much for posting this! :D It was a cute little Hot Minute and I am very glad that they made another, but the best part of this is that they are showing that Twilight is still Twilight, even as an Alicorn. I was already a huge Twilicorn supporter, but now I could not be more excited for season 4. My fear was that they were going to throw some cheap curveball because of the fears that many bronies had, but it seems they are taking the exact opposite route and instead quelling those fears.

I feel so giddy inside right now! :P

• Brohoof 2