Introvert or extrovert?

Akemi Homura

Introvert or Extrovert?  

117 users have voted

1. 1. Which is it?

• Introvert?
    • Extrovert?
    • Something in between?

Excuse me if I'm being a bit nosy, but isn't there a bit more to being extroverted that just the desire to speak with others?

fine, you want me to be more specific ? ;p

I talk to everyone I meet as if I've known them forever,

I don't feel shyness and love meeting new people.

When I got to parties i have no problem not knowing anyone there because by the end of the night I'll have made new friends (: ~

I'd like to know your personalities. For example, do you enjoy being the center of attention, or would you rather stay in solitary confinement? Are you quiet around strangers or are you like Pinkie Pie and don't know the meaning of the word "stranger"? So, let's hear it.

In some situations, i'd like to be the center of attention, i can't give examples though.

But my touch is to stay put and wait for someone to talk to me, because normally if i try to talk to someone i don't get listened.

I'm a bit bi-polar in this respect.

When I'm around my friends I'm content to listen and not say much.

But around strangers (or when I'm under the influence of alcohol) I simply must be the centre of attention.

I'm a bit bi-polar in this respect.

When I'm around my friends I'm content to listen and not say much.

But around strangers (or when I'm under the influence of alcohol) I simply must be the centre of attention.

That's contrary to what I'd expect. Most people I know usually are quiet around strangers and loud as hell with friends.

fine, you want me to be more specific ? ;p

I talk to everyone I meet as if I've known them forever,

I don't feel shyness and love meeting new people.

When I got to parties i have no problem not knowing anyone there because by the end of the night I'll have made new friends (: ~

I'm slowly gearing towards that way, too.

• Brohoof 1

I doubt that I'm introverted for one reason even though I look like one. I like superficial interaction but when the interaction becomes too personal or too deep I get scared, anxious and somewhat depressed and I have to emediatly end the interaction for both my and other's sakes. I guess it's my SAnD's fault. How I hate it! D:

Edited by Freckle

I'm more of an introvert. I'm a little shy (though not as bad as I used to be) and usually keep quiet, even around friends and family. I sometimes get nervous in social situations (like parties/gatherings with people my age) but I'm not always that way. It comes and goes. Also, sometimes I have a hard time holding conversations and can't always look people in the eyes. I think it might be social anxiety but I've never been diagnosed.

Inside I wish to be like Pinkie Pie and be a party monster, however when I'm actually around others I become like Fluttershy and can barely hold a conversation, unless it's somepony I know.

• Brohoof 1

I'm more of an introvert. I'm a little shy (though not as bad as I used to be) and usually keep quiet, even around friends and family. I sometimes get nervous in social situations (like parties/gatherings with people my age) but I'm not always that way. It comes and goes. Also, sometimes I have a hard time holding conversations and can't always look people in the eyes. I think it might be social anxiety but I've never been diagnosed.

Is it weird I read that in Apple Bloom's voice?

• Brohoof 1

I'm an introvert and I can get overwhelmed by people easily but I don't feel shy. I think I'd be more along the lines of Twilight Sparkle. I like my books, I like my thinking time but if you ask me my life story you will rue the day you decided to ask :D

I do like giggling, joking around and if I feel like I can connect with someone I'll talk. I'm usually pretty quiet at first but once I feel comfortable with someone I never shut up. Ever.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...
(edited)

I am definitely extremely introverted. I hardly speak unless spoken to, and even then sometimes I don't speak. At least most of the time.

Edited by TwillyFSniper
  • Brohoof 1

@, I added a poll to the question.

Myself, no doubt, introvert. I always need some time to recover after spending time with almost anyone, the exceptions being my parents, brother, BFF and husband.