Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you judge people by their avatar?

~Starlight~

Eh, sometimes. I usually judge someone from what they have in their signature or profile description. Sometimes it will tell you that their avatar doesn't always represent their interests or beliefs.

Not much to be honest. Only to the point where if for example someone has an anime avatar then it's pretty obvious, what does that person like. Or when I saw some time ago an avatar of Fluttershy playing a guitar that reminded me a lot of BC Rich guitar - then it's quite obvious that that person likes metal music. But that's all here. 

• 1 month later...

I think I finally understand why so few people try talking to me now.... lol

As for how I go about it though, usually its one of those things where I'll only "judge" them if the avatar comes off as really offensive or really appealing to me, beyond that no not really. 

An avatar is simply an avatar and I try not to look much into it. 

Edited by DaringDashie

Well, I might judge someone by their avatar. It depends, really.

For example, if the avatar is a girl, I might talk to that user as if he/she was a girl. That is about as far as it goes.

On the other hand, if the avatar is something highly inappropriate, I might (will, actually) get a negative first impression of that user.

By inappropriate, I mean, something that would probably not be allowed on the forums.

I wouldn't say that I necessarily "judge" individuals based on their choice of avatar, but if do think that it says a lot about them as a person.

When I see a canon MLP avatar I assume they are a fan of that character, yes. If I see an avatar that doesn't connect to show, movie, game, person, etc .... then I get curious.

No judgment in the negative sense.

I don't judge people by their avatars, but I can't help but envision them as their avatar. Like, if somebody keeps their avatar as Celestia or Luna long enough (*cough*SCS*cough*) I'll start to see them as that character.

As for judging their character or anything, no. I wait until I actually know them.

• Brohoof 2

Maybe a bit.

I only really judge if its a girl with her boobs falling out or pushing her cleavage up to the camera. It's like *sigh* they exist here too.

But other than that, I just like everybody avatar and I don't really care who's behind it.

I don't judge people by their avatars, but I can't help but envision them as their avatar. Like, if somebody keeps their avatar as Celestia or Luna long enough (*cough*SCS*cough*) I'll start to see them as that character.

As for judging their character or anything, no. I wait until I actually know them.

Ha, I know what you mean. I'm still just getting used to some of the avatar changes. :blink:

I do sometimes. When I see someone with a troll face as their avatar, I hate them. When someone has an incredibly dumb/silly avatar, it's very hard to do a serious RP with them.