Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

(edited)

Well welcome to this here post. Those of you may look at this image and just question it greatly in many different ways, others may somehow find their inner-being from this image. Either way, I'll get this point across first. I usually don't like to crappily draw something out on MS Paint and post it without revising it, but for some reason, I liked this picture. 

Mainly what I did to create this image is simple. Step one, draw a decent VW Bus, step two open a new MS Paint thingy and start drawing the ponies in certain poses to fit the Bus, step three put them in the Bus and add some background to the picture, and finally, step eighty-seven, add a pissed-off Rarity in the distance!

So yeah, I had to re-size a handful of the ponies I drew for this and that is why they look so choppy and unclear. 

Now to explain the meaning of the drawing. Well it all started as a simple idea that eventually became a half-pledged reality. I was sitting in the ol' school thingy and I was like "Dude, like lets like totally go surfin' after school!" (Being Illinois, this was near impossible, but one could imagine such a scene freely right?)

So my mind eagerly went to work on pondering up such a idea such as this. First it was going to be a old camper-van RV with a 3500 Chevy front cab, but then I remembered something my good buddy good ol' Jimmy E Carter told me.... "I almost bought a VW Bus one day." and thus my idea was born.

And why Rarity on the side of the road? Well simple my humble followers, I don't really like her. Just sayin'. If you want to get revenge you can draw a picture of me getting mutilated by a rabies-invested, alcoholic badger with marriage problems. If you aren't about that kind of thing, then I internet high-five you with the up-most respect.

Now for the poorly MS Paint sketch'd pony thingy...

VWBus2_zps832ee689.png

Edited by Bender Rodriguez
  • Brohoof 13

For a "poor" sketch that looks pretty cool, man xD.

Interesting how you made it, everypony looks great and Rarity >:D...

With the VW Bus finally this is about 20% cooler, great job!

Would love to see more of your work!

• Brohoof 1

That VW bus is, like, totally radical dude... The only thing left to do is paint it all tie-dye and stuff.

Great picture, especially for it not being revised. More excellent than Bill and Ted's adventure, I tell you what.

Interesting how you made it, everypony looks great and Rarity >biggrin.png...

Thank you! I just referred to it as "poor" because usually I clean up my work a little more before releasing it, I just found this one quite necessary to share with the forums right after I made it.

It's groovy seeing other folks take a liking to my drawing here, especially since it is a tad bit strange. 

Thanks again for your comment, it is much appreciated! :)

If you are interested in more of my artwork, I do have a very full gallery on DeviantArt of all my stuff if you want to check it out.

Here's a link: http://the-intimidator.deviantart.com/

SHAW AWESOME! /)^3^(

img-1441529-1-wub.png

lol twillies face is all like img-1441529-2-dry.png

It looks awesome! :3

like Friendship_Cannon said the bus is 20%cooler! :3

/)^3^( DASHIE FAACCEE!!! haha

OH LOL THE BUS IS A VOLKSWAGEN! XD I JUST NOTICED! XDimg-1441529-3-happy.png

Thank you!

I am glad you like it! The expressions are what took me the longest to devise, I wanted to make sure the picture told a story and made people be all like "Shoot, something done happened up in that van for all this to happen."

But yes, the image would not deliver the same effect with a plain ol' bus, only with a good ol' Volkswagen!

Thanks again for your comment, much obliged! :)

Wow! That's spectacular! I love this drawing even though you say it's a simple drawing. My sketches are good but they don't have the clarity that this one does, they're always full of eraser marks. XD Sometimes noticeable. It's a mess. So, great job!

Even though it's a sketch, it's still well done.  Everypony is easily identifiable at a glance and I like the detail on the vehicle itself. 

I do have one serious issue with this pic. Why is Derpy on board while Rarity is left behind?  Anyway, I used to regularly see an old school VW bus.  It was red with a white roof and driven by an older couple.  It had a license plate bracket that read Don’t Laugh It’s Paid!  laugh.png

You know, I was kind of hoping to see some "highwaymen" type ponies when I clicked on this topic, and, even though I didn't get to see anything along those lines, this picture is still epic! You can just tell that Rainbow Dash kicked Rarity out of the vehicle, and that's why both she and Rarity look so angry. You can also infer that Twilight Sparkle is yelling at Rainbow Dash for being so thickheaded and leaving their buddy behind.

And clearly the reason Fluttershy is not here is because she's hiding under one of the seats, all the hostility scaring her.

Overall, awesome picture, my friend.

• Brohoof 1

Interesting how you made it, everypony looks great and Rarity >biggrin.png...

I have to say, I must agree. Even though it looks "choppy" and "unclear" I actually really like it. It looks like something I would draw. (if i someday magically gain artistic ability.) But seriously, dude. That is one beast VW bus. Like, BAWS. I happen to very much like Rarity, and I don't mind her being off to the side. It actually looks like that she would be outraged at everyone going off without her. 

• Brohoof 1

You know, I was kind of hoping to see some "highwaymen" type ponies when I clicked on this topic, and, even though I didn't get to see anything along those lines, this picture is still epic! You can just tell that Rainbow Dash kicked Rarity out of the vehicle, and that's why both she and Rarity look so angry. You can also infer that Twilight Sparkle is yelling at Rainbow Dash for being so thickheaded and leaving their buddy behind.

And clearly the reason Fluttershy is not here is because she's hiding under one of the seats, all the hostility scaring her.

Overall, awesome picture, my friend.

If you are talking about the classic country icons: Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, & Kris Kristofferson as the "Highwaymen" you are actually in luck. I did name this drawing after the iconic group (even though there is many more than four shown in the picture) The song was definitely coming to mind as the piece jammed it's way together. 

And the way you described what is going on pretty much sums it up. I couldn't see ol' Fluttershy sticking her head out the window, and since there was really no more room left for me to fit any more ponies in the van, I decided why not Derpy? But yes, I would imagine Fluttershy hiding somewhere under the many seats in this majestic vehicle.

Thank you for your comment, it is much obliged! :)

• Brohoof 1

If you are talking about the classic country icons: Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, & Kris Kristofferson as the "Highwaymen" you are actually in luck. I did name this drawing after the iconic group (even though there is many more than four shown in the picture) The song was definitely coming to mind as the piece jammed it's way together. 

And the way you described what is going on pretty much sums it up. I couldn't see ol' Fluttershy sticking her head out the window, and since there was really no more room left for me to fit any more ponies in the van, I decided why not Derpy? But yes, I would imagine Fluttershy hiding somewhere under the many seats in this majestic vehicle.

Thank you for your comment, it is much obliged! smile.png

Well now, that comforts me a lot! Love the Highwaymen...

But uh, I was actually talking about actual highwaymen, like a picture of ponies robbing some poor souls on a dusty path. But now that I know what the inspiration for the name of the picture was the Highwaymen, then that's freaking awesome as well.

Glad you like my explanation.

And no problem at all, friend.

That VW bus is, like, totally radical dude... The only thing left to do is paint it all tie-dye and stuff.

Great picture, especially for it not being revised. More excellent than Bill and Ted's adventure, I tell you what.

Yes, the VW bus really ties this here picture together like a elderly couple's picnic basket on the way for a gnarly walk in the park, but then later on they get beat up and robbed by a crazed man who is addicted to powdered doughnuts.

Step into the squared circle son. 

Step into the squared circle son.

OH YEEEAH BROTHER!!! 

images10.jpg

Randy Savage is best grandpa. XD

"I wish you coulda seen your old man weepin' like a woman after my patented piledriver!" XD