Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[hidden]

CadetGrey

(edited)

[This post is hidden. No offense to anyone, but I am no longer part of the community and no longer wish to be an (active) part of the forums. I treasure the friendships I made along the way. Thank you!]

Edited by CadetGrey
  • Brohoof 1

No, I think they should wait to S5, at least. It's not that I want to drag this out. Quite the contrary, in fact. I just feel that the show should expand upon the characters outside of crusading so there is something to work with even after they complete their major character arc. I also want the writers to first emphasize the "self-discovery" aspect of the arc, rather than just the "let's try every madcap scheme we can think of to get our cutie marks" gag.

• Brohoof 6

Yes, they should. I don't want MLP to be dragging this plot (wink.png ) any longer. One thing that got me off Spongebob was they recycled the same idea over and over again, and I don't want that to happen to MLP.

/)

• Brohoof 1

Yes, they should. I don't want MLP to be dragging this plot (img-1451310-1-wink.png ) any longer. One thing that got me off Spongebob was they recycled the same idea over and over again, and I don't want that to happen to MLP.

/)

But if done right, it wouldn't be dragging it out. Show each CMC-er going through some personal story arc, and have the next season's big cutie mark episode be the conclusion to not only the CMC story, but to each character's journey into adulthood.

Have Applebloom taking on more responsibility on the farm or starting to realize that she may not follow the same path as her family, or whatever.

Show Sweetie Belle learning to overcome her stage fright and taking pride in her obvious talents.

And of course, assuming that Scootaloo is going to be made handicapped (which I hope she is, because the alternative is less interesting and triumphant), set her on the path to accepting her disabilities and using it to empower to become a badass in her own unique way.

• Brohoof 3

Actually, if the CMC get their marks, they could become the Cutie Mark Conquerors, and begin to recruit other blank flanks to help them find their special talents. It could work out quite well. Plus, we could also see Sweetie Belle performing songs (GUSHGUSHGUSH), Scootaloo doing awesome tricks and impressing ponies, and Apple Bloom helping to fix things everywhere.

I really would like to see them get their marks. Show Stoppers was painful to watch, and I really wanted to break my TV when Sweetie Belle was like "NO I DON'T WANNA SING IN FRONT OF PONIES!"

• Brohoof 3

I really hope the crusaders will get their cutie marks in season 4. It will give the writers more interesting and fun ideas to develop the crusaders characters which I personally can't wait to see :D

• Brohoof 1

It would complete one of the biggest plots of character development for them. If it's not done near the end or by the end of the series (we all know it's coming), then right there's wasted potential. I'll be peeved. 

I am to the point where I think it is NECESSARY that they get their marks to grow as characters.  The sooner the better in my mind.  Personally I think they have at least two seasons of development BEYOND when they get their marks.

• Brohoof 1

i think that they should get them together, like at the same time, and it should be perhaps they are just doing what they love and it just happens 

i think that they should get them together, like at the same time, and it should be perhaps they are just doing what they love and it just happens 

This is what they havent learned.  Cutie marks are earned alone.  They are not earned together.  I really do not see them as sharing talents.

• Brohoof 1

1000 times NO they should not. It's too soon. Unless season 4 is the final season, they should not receive their cutie marks. This is the one thing that I feel should be dragged on until the show ends for good. They would never be the same if they got their marks.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders are the main fillies of the show, and their story is about growing up and discovering who they are. Their whole identity, story, and purpose is to obtain their marks. If they suddenly got them, what would be their purpose in the show anymore? They would lose their childishness and their lovable antics. They are the unique because of their lack of cutie marks, and I think younger kids can relate to them because kids are still growing and dreaming about what they want to be as well. The role of the Crusaders is an important one, and should be developed with care.

And it's not like they're starving for new and interesting plots. Every CMC based episode has had them doing completely different things and learning different lessons. I for one enjoy the seeing these characters continue to grow, and I feel they should continue for some time. It will be a heck of a lot more exciting and rewarding to see how long they can go without getting their cutie marks, because once they do get the marks, the whole concept of the Cutie Mark Crusaders is done and over with which is why it's better suited as a series finale of sorts.

• Brohoof 1

I was thinking of not posting here because I have no new opinions, but the CMC have to get it sometime. And with a hunch that MLP:FiM will end pretty soon season wise, It's be a complete outrage if they continue this to THE VERY LAST MINUTE. Plus, if they do this, this will add many more opportunities for adventures because we know who they're destined to be like.

Well, they have enough time to get their cutie marks before they get older in a few years. Besides, when all three of them get their cutie marks then their goals will be met. Even though their sole purpose is to form a secret society to help each other get their cutie marks, they can still get them at anytime they are able to.

I think they should wait a little bit more before giving them their cutie marks. Although it's plainly obvious what their talents are and they are oblivious to them; We should have a CMC episode that explores internal conflict within the group rather than external.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

1000 times NO they should not. It's too soon. Unless season 4 is the final season, they should not receive their cutie marks. This is the one thing that I feel should be dragged on until the show ends for good. They would never be the same if they got their marks.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders are the main fillies of the show, and their story is about growing up and discovering who they are. Their whole identity, story, and purpose is to obtain their marks. If they suddenly got them, what would be their purpose in the show anymore? They would lose their childishness and their lovable antics. They are the unique because of their lack of cutie marks, and I think younger kids can relate to them because kids are still growing and dreaming about what they want to be as well. The role of the Crusaders is an important one, and should be developed with care.

And it's not like they're starving for new and interesting plots. Every CMC based episode has had them doing completely different things and learning different lessons. I for one enjoy the seeing these characters continue to grow, and I feel they should continue for some time. It will be a heck of a lot more exciting and rewarding to see how long they can go without getting their cutie marks, because once they do get the marks, the whole concept of the Cutie Mark Crusaders is done and over with which is why it's better suited as a series finale of sorts.

But its the lack of change that is hurting the show. How can we continue to watch a show where nothing meaningful ever happens from episode to episode? CMC have been messing around for THREE seasons and if season 4 is going to have 24 eps i would like something meaningful to happen. Why would they suddenly be uninteresting once they figure out who they are? This seems just like a further example of the twilicorn drama where peopel say the only meaninful changes have to happen at the last ep (and see how well they did that with the finale, yeesh). You can show characters develop and hit landmark's AS the show progresses NOT just on finales. Just because they discovere there (easily apparent) talents does not mean they've stopped growing, making mistakes, or becoming interesting characters.  

Edited by Freewave

I don't really think they should. You could actually see some of their talents already. It kinda defeats the purpose of The Cutie Mark Crusaders group. I love the CMC videos. I think they are extremely cute, and if they got their cutie marks, I don't think there will be any more episodes with them

Nah. I'm with CITRUS KING and Sugar Cube on this one. Give the process a bit more build up, develop each of the fillies a bit more, allow them adequate time to mature and possibly have them get their marks in some kind of call back to Show Stoppers where they have embraced their true abilities. I don't see anything wrong with extending their journey a bit longer if they can use the time meaningfully.

• Brohoof 1

If you ask me yes they should get their cutie marks now. Some of their episodes don't even involve getting cutie marks anymore. They involve improving themselves and nothing else. So just give them their cutie marks.

Also even if they get their cutie marks it does not mean the end of them. They can still have episodes about them learning about what their skills are and what they are going to do with their life now.

I think that the writers are in a somewhat sticky situation regarding the CMC. The CMC really should be getting their cutie marks by now, since fillies such as Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon had already gotten theirs in season 1. However, the CMC getting their cutie marks also destroys the CMC aspect of the show. They'd still be friends of course, but their adventures to gain their cutie marks will be no more. One way I think the writers could approach it is for the CMC to get their cutie marks in season 4, but retain their CMC-like friendship chemistry and go on different kinds of adventures.

• Brohoof 1

At least one of the CMC should get their cutie mark at one point in the series. I imagine a scene in which Scootaloo gets her cutie mark and the other ponies get jealous and start alienating her. Then they make up, and scootaloo shares the secrets to getting their cutie marks, and eventually we see apple bloom and sweetie belle demonstrating their special talents and their cutie marks appearing.

Nah, CMC episodes are always great, plus we've got a new pony in the CMC.  They have to expand on her character some more.  I think they should wait.

But its the lack of change that is hurting the show. How can we continue to watch a show where nothing meaningful ever happens from episode to episode? CMC have been messing around for THREE seasons and if season 4 is going to have 24 eps i would like something meaningful to happen. Why would they suddenly be uninteresting once they figure out who they are? This seems just like a further example of the twilicorn drama where peopel say the only meaninful changes have to happen at the last ep (and see how well they did that with the finale, yeesh). You can show characters develop and hit landmark's AS the show progresses NOT just on finales. Just because they discovere there (easily apparent) talents does not mean they've stopped growing, making mistakes, or becoming interesting characters.  

Pardon me, but I'm failing to see how the lack of change amongst the Crusaders is hurting the show. As I've said, the Crusaders go on different adventures all the time. They've even got a new friend in the group who is also a blank flank, and she's been trying to do her own CMC thing in Manehattan. There's still loads of things that they can do with these characters, and they're still growing in other ways. If anything, the Crusader episodes have been getting better since the first season. Sure, the CMC have been around for three seasons, (two full seasons and a short season) but they're secondary to the Mane Six, not the focal point, so it's not really that much development.

Besides, everything else about the show is changing. They don't necessarily have to save the cutie marks for the very last episode, but depending on how long FIM goes on, this is just too soon for my liking. Twilicorn took a lot of people by surprise as it is, why jump into another major change already? I want the show to last as long as possible, and quick development and too many major changes is only going to speed up its death. This show has been outstanding for three seasons, why fix what isn't broken?

Sometimes I just want the show to stay a slice-of-life where not that many changes occur. MLP is a cartoon. Most cartoon characters don't drastically change their role or identity so quickly, if at all.

Idk, it depends on how long MLP will go on. I kinda wouldn't mind a little while more of them without their cutie marks, but I guess after a while they have to get them, however the good news is that means more episode possablities with their newly discovered cutie marks.

Although I do kinda want to have the show go on a while, so idk , maybe they should wait to S5, not sure.

I think for comical purposes the cutie mark crusaders should never get their cutie marks.  XD  Or at least hold off the cutie marks until the very last season of the show.