movies/tv Powerpuff girls reboot

SonicAddictPony

Are you sure about this? Not that I don't trust you, but could you please show some proof? It would be awsome if this was true, I used to really like that show.

Are you sure about this? Not that I don't trust you, but could you please show some proof? It would be awsome if this was true, I used to really like that show.

Well, maybe she just heard about it?

Doesn't mean that she is lying. There could be solid proof, or maybe not. Maybe it's a rumor...sorta like Equestria Girls.

@SonicAddictPony

Hopefully it does happen! But I thought it was already on Boomerang?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Here is some proof. If you want proof in future you could try going on this great website I heard of called Google, You type in what you want to know and it provides links to relevant websites. 

http://powerpuff.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:DeviantSerpent/NEW!_Powerpuff_Girls_2013_(OFFICIAL_RELEASE_DATE_CONFIRMED!)

post-9988-0-50055800-1368281180.png

I hope the final animation dose not look like that. I liked the original animation better then that. Then again I was never that big of a fan of the original PPG so Im not that excited by the idea of a reboot. 

Edited by mycarhasaMoustache
  • Brohoof 2

Here is some proof. If you want proof in future you could try going on this great website I heard of called Google, You type in what you want to know and it provides links to relevant websites.

http://powerpuff.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:DeviantSerpent/NEW!_Powerpuff_Girls_2013_(OFFICIAL_RELEASE_DATE_CONFIRMED!)

JSH.PNG

I hope the final animation dose not look like that. I liked the original animation better then that. Then again I was never that big of a fan of the original PPG so Im not that excited by the idea of a reboot.

OMG! I've never heard of google before! I was just consultin celestia to find everything out. But for some reason she never gave any answers...
  • Brohoof 3

It's true.  It airs in Seeptember, last I heard.  I'm not too sure about it though.  I am excited but the animation looks like a two year old that got a little crayon happy.

Well, maybe she just heard about it?

Doesn't mean that she is lying. There could be solid proof, or maybe not. Maybe it's a rumor...sorta like Equestria Girls.

@SonicAddictPony

Hopefully it does happen! But I thought it was already on Boomerang?

I just heard it...  It said that the creator (Craig McCracken) will not interfere in it ... I'm not actually sure. But I hope it will be good. It was said that Ringo star (or something) is going to be the creator.

(edited)

I hope the final animation dose not look like that. I liked the original animation better then that. Then again I was never that big of a fan of the original PPG so Im not that excited by the idea of a reboot. 

Wait, I'm confused... you hope the animation doesn't look like... the character designs? Those are two different things. huh.png

Anyway, being a fan of the original PPG, I've been following this up for several months now. and I'm actually really excited about it. wub.png  I'm not sure what to make of the new look yet, but I am a little confused as to why the changed it in the first place. The original designs were very iconic.

Edited by Hansel

Now I personally disagree with you guys on the whole animation thing. Yeah I'll admit it doesn't remind me at all of the powerpuff girls, it does however look pretty unique and honestly I think it looks pretty.

Besides, Teen Titans Go wasn't bad so I'm sure they'll do a fine job with this.

Wow, I loved Powerpuff Girls back in the day, but this look as bad as that Powerpuff Girls Z anime. It's a bit early to tell with only promotional stills though. 

Ooh, I love PPG! I grew up with them, I have a plush Bubbles, I have a Blossom sippy cup form when I was little. Man, that was my show. I still watch it sometimes, but it only comes on late. (er, early). If this is true, I hope I have the channel it's coming on cuz if I don't.......mlp___fim__angry_pinkamena_by_sileresp-d Oh, someone's gonna be in a WORLD of pain! (hehe just kidding! I make a joke!) 

Oh right, I did hear about this a while ago (not much but I did hear about it). I'm kinda on the fence about it right now. On one hand, it's Powerpuff Girls and I loved that show. On the other hand, that art style looks terrible; I don't know if I'd be able to bear with it.

It's a shame that they don't have outlines of any sort, that's kinda what made them pop out when ever you were channel surfing in the 90's, it was a very colorful show and the thick outlines helped to complement that. But these new designs use a duller set of colors, it looks very drab and boring to just lookmat a still image. If they made the colors brighter and more pronounced I'm sure that most of the complaints would simmer down. It's mainly the color choice that's bothering me.

This seems pretty interesting. I actually think the new designs are really nice and unique and not at all terrible, but I feel like they're a bit lacking in colour and brightness. Nonetheless, I remember liking PPG quite a bit when I was younger, so I'll be sure to see this when it airs. (With the release date being in September, I suppose it'll keep me distracted during the MLP hiatus too, so there's also that.)

Here is some proof. If you want proof in future you could try going on this great website I heard of called Google, You type in what you want to know and it provides links to relevant websites. 

attachicon.gifJSH.PNG

lol no need to be a dick about it. 

I'm fairly excited for this; I'd love a reboot for Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, which was a show I loved. <33

I love the Powerpuff Girls, and I'll love them in this animation. Just cause a series has changed thier animation does not mean I'll change my loyal viewership. The only thing I don't like is that the original creators won't be in charge, but the original voice actors are coming back.

I love the new Teen Titans, and I'll probably love this.

/)

I'm a huge a fan of the Powerpuff Girls and I'm open to a new movie for them. I don't judge animation based on character designs anymore, unless its really questionable (ex. early Equestria girls pictures had wings on some characters). I thought I'd hate the new TMNT and Teen Titans shows due to their new animation, but TMNT is now my favorite cartoon on air at the moment and Teen Titans is at least passable.

I just heard it...  It said that the creator (Craig McCracken) will not interfere in it ... I'm not actually sure. But I hope it will be good. It was said that Ringo star (or something) is going to be the creator.

Did you read the same wiki page I did? Ringo Starr will be in the movie, performing a song, not creating it. I did some more digging and it looks like Dave Smith, who will be directing it, worked on the old PPG as a writer, so I'm ok with this. Plus the whole voice cast is returning.

Here are my sources:

comicsalliance.com

chud.com

• Brohoof 1

lol no need to be a dick about it. 

I don't think his purpose was to be a dick, it happens a lot when people demand others to post links and proof when they can just look it up themselves x3

It annoys me when i use a word, people don't know the meaning and instead of looking it up they start complaining about it xD

As for the thread, i heard of this months ago, i hope they use the original design instead of  the one posted xL

• 1 year later...