Who is Scootaloo?

Mr. Changeling

Where did Scootaloo come from, when do you think (or hope) we will get more information on her. How is she portrayed in the fandom and to you, why is Scootaloo here and how does she impact the series. In short: Who is Scootaloo?

post-15599-0-63527800-1368482776.jpeg

• Brohoof 10

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

• Brohoof 3

Scootaloo was born by chickens, She was once a egg and born a chicken but morphed into a pony.... Thats why a lot of people think she's a ORPHAN!!!!!yay.png

• Brohoof 3

Well, nopony really knows, but some assumes that she is homeless. I do not though, since well.. There's a lot of parents we don't get to see in the show.

She is just some random pony who also felt bad for not having a cutie mark before she joined the CMC

• Brohoof 2

Well nobody really knows for sure I guess, but personally I think shes an orphan, thats just my headcannon judging from how we've never seen her parents or home.

I assume if thats the case then the show won't state it, simply due to it being a kids show and that being a bit of a dark theme.

• Brohoof 1

Scootaloo's origin is pretty unknown to me too. Where she came from, and where are her parents. People think that she is a homeless orphan, so there could be a lot of questions about her origin in question.

Funny you should bring this up. I was doing some reading on the cutie mark crusaders wikia page, and noticed that both s.b. and a.b. have relative and nothing is noted for scootaloo, so who knows. Hopefully we'll get more info on it in the next season.

(edited)

To me Scootaloo is the most annoying character in the whole show. Mostly because we know next to nothing about her. We don't know who her parents are? We don't know why she can't fly? We don't even know why she is obsessed with Rainbow Dash.

Another thing is she has barely shown she has her own character. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Bell have at least something that makes them different from AJ and Rarity, but Scootaloo just seems to copy RD more and more. She her self is a living blank flank.  

What have we learned about her in the last 3 seasons.

1. She likes Rainbow Dash

2. She really likes Rainbow Dash

3. She is obsessed with Rainbow Dash.

In 3 season we have not been shown anything else about this character that has nothing to do with RD. It's like the writers are afraid to expand her character or what to do with her.

As for her parents, I don't think she is an orphan. I have 2 ideas about her parents.

1. Both of her parents are earth ponies. So something like the Cake Family, but unlike Pound Cake who could fly in a month, she was unable to fly. Also being in an earth pony family she did not learn how to fly because maybe to much earth pony.

2. One parent is a pegasus and the other is a earth pony. The pegasus who I would pick as the mom is very weak and Scootaloo also very weak for a flyer.

This is just how I view her.

Edited by pinkiefan1287
  • Brohoof 3

I agree very much. Lauren Faust hasnt told us much about Scootaloo in the show. I find it would be pretty interesting to see what Scootaloo's relatives are like (if she has any.) Or anything else really about her.

There are two ways to understand some of the characters on the show outside the Mane 6. One, the role they play in the show, or the problem they solve for the writers e.g villian, etc. Second the real or imagined backstory that we want to know.

In the case of Scootaoo they wanted another CMC, she needed to be a Pegesus, and they may have wanted her to attach herself to Rainbow Dash as we saw. Those are her roles.

Now her backstory could be anything. We know she can't fly, but based upon her age she should be flying by now. Disabled? We see no parents, but that's not a big deal since, as others have said, we see few parents and Applebloom is also an orphan (no living parents).

My head canon is that she was (like Cadence) orphaned and maybe adopted by a Earth or Unicorn family and missed out of the socialization or training to fly. Recently she has relalized she's behind other Pegeaus.

• Brohoof 2

I do agree with you because I really would like to learn more about Scootaloo. She is possibly my favorite character except honestly you don't know much about her. They just have a Scootaloo origin story episode, which I think would be pretty cool

Yeah, Sweetie Belle and Applebloom are both the younger sisters of two of the mane six: AJ and Rarity

So I dunno...but I feel sorry for Scootaloo, since her friends all have older sisters and she doesn't. Her parents maybe weren't originally from ponyville? But Rainbow Dash is basically like the older sister she never had, so that's good! RD shows her soft side when shes around Scootaloo! :3

But yeah we should really get some info on her! Like her parents! :D

• Brohoof 1

Scootaloo's lack of a backstory adds to the fantasy elements of the show. There is a point where showing more background information is pointless.

• Brohoof 1

I don´t understand why so many Bronies want to know everything about the characters. I personally thing that Scootaloo doesn´t need a back-story or a known present situation other than the one she has with the CMC and Rainbow Dash. I haven´t even developed those aspects of her character in my own head-canon.  

• Brohoof 1

Since the show didn't give any backstory or enough information on Scootaloo, the fandom just think she's a homeless orphan, she's also disabled so she can't fly (which makes it even more sad :C). 

I'm assuming Scootaloo doesn't have any siblings since she really wanted RD as her big sister. But I'm sure she has parents, they haven't shown Fluttershy or Rainbow Dash's parents (other than her dad), but you don't see anyone else saying that they're orphans.

• Brohoof 1

While I agree that at some point things should be left to the imagination, whether a character is homeless and an orphan should probably not be one of them. That info would help us understand her mindset and motivations better.

While I'm kind of fine with her being an orphan or in a foster home or with a widowed mother/widower father, not to keen on the homeless thing. Makes her woobie if in conjunction with the disability thing (which I assume and hope is true), and there's no evidence to support it other than we haven't seen her house yet. This would have been brought up by now.

• Brohoof 1

(Didn't read anything anybody else poster) Well, where i think scootaloo came from is just some poor family didnt make it into the story?

I think the reason why she has no "back story" is because there hasn't been a need for one (yet).  Both she and Sweetie Belle come from an older generation of MLP and just like with Scootaloo, there wasn't anything known about Sweetie Belle until "the Stare Master." In "Call of the Cutie," it doesn't seem to settled yet that Sweetie Belle was Rarity's sister (why else would Applejack not say anything about her?) To establish more of a connection to the Mane 6, they must have decided to make Sweetie Belle Rarity's sister, since they do look alike...Scootaloo may (or may not) have normal Pegasi parents, but because they are not needed yet for an episode story, why include them? We did not know where Rarity's parents lived, nor did we know if Sweetie Belle lived with Rarity or not at first (We did not know for sure until Season 2 with "Sisterhooves Social, and we found out about where her parents lived {and saw Sweetie Belle's bedroom} in "One Bad Apple.")  I am not sure if the fandom speculated much about Sweetie Belle before these episodes aired (I was only in contact with one other fan at that time and not yet immersed into the fandom as a whole) but those are good logical questions as well, and until we get a Scootaloo-centric episode that DOES NOT have to do with Rainbow Dash (which I doubt will happen, but it is possible)....maybe I'm just rambling, but I just thought I'd submit my opinion as well :)

Me, I always just figured she had a normal home life with otherwise unremarkable Earth Pony parents.  You know, nothing that crazy. 

Frankly, I think the idea that she's a disabled, homeless orphan is a little too depressing, and not something I really want to be a part of the show.

• Brohoof 2

Maybe Scootaloo is a multiverse hopping hero (like Jappleack) that has saved Equestria from certain destruction many times, and just wants to keep a low profile.

Either that or she has a perfectly normal life with a perfectly normal family in Ponyville! :P I prefer the first idea though!

(edited)

Fools, do you not see? Scootaloo is clearly Batmare, the hero that Ponyville deserves! 

But a thought, I believe it was mentioned on EqD via a twitter response from one of the writers that one of the episodes in S4 will tackle disabilities. I wonder perchance, this is linked with our beloved Scootaloo?

Naaaaaaaah derpy_emoticon2.png

Edited by Accellerant
  • Brohoof 1