• Jazz
    • Classical
    • Blues
    • Pop
    • Other (Explain)
    • Alternative
    • Country
    • Folk

Yea so I hope the mod lock this thread. Although, if you guys want, you can make a "Dawn is sexy" thread in the Forum Lounge. I'd feel honered if you did ;)

• Brohoof 1

NUuuuu, why did you add multi-choices? Now everybody will be spamming like 5 genres or something. It'll be abused, that's the problem

Oh for fucks sake. Some people wanted it, like Moog and RD92. And now you're telling me that you don't want it? Sheeesh I can't do anything...

Oh for fucks sake. Some people wanted it, like Moog and RD92. And now you're telling me that you don't want it? Sheeesh I can't do anything...

Eh, do whatever you want, this is your thread after all. I was just speaking my mind :V

And btw > http://mlpforums.com/topic/63264-dawn-the-smexy-beast/

I made a thread just for you, ya cursed bastard

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Why is there no country genre? Country is still a kind of music... right? It's your choice if you add it but it would be nice if you would.

Haha, that's true. Even though you Eastern folk mostly hate country music, here in Western-most Oregon, there be rednecks all around here that come to local rodeos and sing country songs. I personally like some Country. I don't just plain hate it. 

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy
  • Brohoof 1

Haha, that's true. Even though you Eastern folk pretty all hate country music, here in Western-most Oregon, there be rednecks all around here that come to local rodeos and sing country songs. I personally like some Country. I don't just plain hate it. 

People from the east hate country? No one told Wisconsin because all of our radios are tuned to the country stations around.

Why is there no country genre? Country is still a kind of music... right? It's your choice if you add it but it would be nice if you would.

Haha, that's true. Even though you Eastern folk pretty all hate country music, here in Western-most Oregon, there be rednecks all around here that come to local rodeos and sing country songs. I personally like some Country. I don't just plain hate it. 

Oh shit, I forgot about country and folk. I'll add those right now, don't worry.  

I'm from California, LA to be more exact and I do like some country.

Oh shit, I forgot about country and folk. I'll add those right now, don't worry.  

I'm from California, LA to be more exact and I do like some country.

Thanks friendo! already changed my vote from other to country. :P I can see why you would forget though it's not the biggest genre out there right now.

People from the east hate country? No one told Wisconsin because all of our radios are tuned to the country stations around.

Really? I can understand the south-east, but Wisconsin? Never knew. I've been there, but never really remembered listening to country there. 

Really? I can understand the south-east, but Wisconsin? Never knew. I've been there, but never really remembered listening to country there. 

Where I live there aren't many country stations. But if you where to drive east for about an hour you'd end up in Orange County which is a bit, "hicky". You'll find plenty of country stations there.

Northern Wisconsin at that too. We live like a couple hundred miles from Canada. It might just be because we are in a rural area... then again Wisconsin is a rural area XD.

• Brohoof 1

Where I live there aren't many country stations. But if you where to drive east for about an hour you'd end up in Orange County which is a bit, "hicky". You'll find plenty of country stations there.

Do you... live in Ohio? Because I used to live with my grandma in Ohio near Lake Michigan and I even still have an Orange County library card! 

Sorry, a bit off-topic. The only thing I can't stand out country really is that new "chew-da-backa-spit" song. I dislike it so much, I haven't even tried to look up the name... dry.png

• Brohoof 1

Do you... live in Ohio? Because I used to live with my grandma in Ohio near Lake Michigan and I even still have an Orange County library card! 

What? ._. I live in California. There's an Orange County in Ohio? Hmm, I learn something new everyday.

The only thing I can't stand out country really is that new "chew-da-backa-spit" song. I dislike it so much, I haven't even tried to look up the name... 

Modern country is bad, there are some good older songs but the modern stuff is awful.

Electronic music is starting the grown on me, which is great. I'm not into stuff like Skrillex but I'm digging Boards of Canada and Aphex Twin.

• Brohoof 1

I too don't like much of the new country songs. It makes country look bad. I stick to Rascal Flatts highly recommend you check them out. You may even like them if you don't like country that much.

I too don't like much of the new country songs. It makes country look bad. I stick to Rascal Flatts highly recommend you check them out. You may even like them if you don't like country that much.

I haven't really dug too deep into country. I enjoy some Johnny Cash every now and then but that's about it. As my title says, I'm a metalhead so I tend to listen to well... metal.

I haven't really dug too deep into country. I enjoy some Johnny Cash every now and then but that's about it. As my title says, I'm a metalhead so I tend to listen to well... metal.

Completely understand. I enjoy some good metal every now and again. Maybe you can show me some people that I enjoy? 

I would have to say Classical music. I do enjoy Alternative, but I have to say, Classical music is enjoyable. It can be soothing like "Moonlight Sonata" or even intense. It's great to listen to while reading, writing, studying and so on. The only genres I don't enjoy are rap, country and pop. Everything else is fine, I suppose. 

Completely understand. I enjoy some good metal every now and again. Maybe you can show me some people that I enjoy? 

Hmm... well what kinda subgenres do you like? I think it would be easier for me if you told me what bands/subgenres you like before I show you anything.

Shouldn't there be a separate category for classic rock? Rock today is very different from rock in the golden age of music (1955-1985).

Oh for fuck's sake, it's people like you who drive me mad. First of all classic rock is NOT a genre, it's a flipin' radio format. Ughh... people who won't listen to anything made after 1990. dry.png You make me SICK.

tumblr_inline_mfbdsvxwnh1qc9y5o.gif

Everything else is fine, I suppose. 

Even black metal? :3

Shouldn't there be a separate category for classic rock? Rock today is very different from rock in the golden age of music (1955-1985).

1. Classic rock is not a genre

2. Electronic music and metal is a lot more diverse with more sub-genres than rock. Why not complain about that instead? Ever heard the difference between IDM and Speedcore? Way more than different than older rock and todays rock

3. If we started seperating rock genres, we would eventually start adding sub-genres from metal and electronic music, and create the longest poll in history. To avoid this, it's best to refrain from any seperation

• Brohoof 2

Even black metal? :3

I suppose so, I, in all honesty haven't heard much of it, not even a band name comes to mind. But like I said, except for pop, rap and country, it's fine by me.

So, yeah, Black Metal is fine.

happy.png  

I suppose so, I, in all honesty haven't heard much of it, not even a band name comes to mind. But like I said, except for pop, rap and country, it's fine by me.

So, yeah, Black Metal is fine.

happy.png  

Wow really blink.png ? I doubt you've heard any before. But, whatever it's an acquired taste. Well, for most people at least. I liked this stuff at first listen. *Insert pony shrug*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkajyWWDiBc

1. Classic rock is not a genre

2. Electronic music and metal is a lot more diverse with more sub-genres than rock. Why not complain about that instead? Ever heard the difference between IDM and Speedcore? Way more than different than older rock and todays rock

3. If we started seperating rock genres, we would eventually start adding sub-genres from metal and electronic music, and create the longest poll in history. To avoid this, it's best to refrain from any seperation

And that is why I love you <3 Metal and electronic are WAY more diverse than rock. Hey, did you see how angry I was at him? Did you see that?

And that is why I love you <3 Metal and electronic are WAY more diverse than rock. Hey, did you see how angry I was at him? Did you see that?

Yes, and as a fellow genre nazi, I feel your pain. Complaining about rock music in this case is like complaining about two different tones of a white paint colour. The differences are slim compared to all the other colours

Seriously, IDM and Speedcore feels like the complete opposite; black and white. But todays rock and 70's rock? Different, but you can clearly hear the similarity

Yes, and as a fellow genre nazi, I feel your pain. Complaining about rock music in this case is like complaining about two different tones of a white paint colour. The differences are slim compared to all the other colours

Seriously, IDM and Speedcore feels like the complete opposite; black and white. But todays rock and 70's rock? Different, but you can clearly hear the similarity

Yes, just look at black metal and sludge metal. Both great but, compleately different. We must work together to exterminate this world of all the musically oblivious people.

I don't think I can vote for any genre of music. I like all types of music. I like variety. Variety is real good when you want to just kick back and chill while listening to music. and If you have one genre of music it gets kind of boring. So that's why you get like pop, rock whatever you deserve! It works.