Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would happen if they stopped making MLP?

Fredbermudez

I think they have the funds they need more or less, most probaly comes from the kid part of the fans anyways.

But I would be sad, I think it will end, eventually, whenever they plan for it, and honestly while it will be sad, the community and fandom will still remain, for a while probaly, with all the fanmade stuff.

Regadless, welcome, this is the welcome forum, so I figure you wanted to be welcomed so yeah :P. welcome! Don't worry about these things and enjoy the fandom :).

• Brohoof 3

I think they have the funds they need more or less, most probaly comes from the kid part of the fans anyways.

But I would be sad, I think it will end, eventually, whenever they plan for it, and honestly while it will be sad, the community and fandom will still remain, for a while probaly, with all the fanmade stuff.

Regadless, welcome, this is the welcome forum, so I figure you wanted to be welcomed so yeah tongue.png. welcome! Don't worry about these things and enjoy the fandom smile.png.

Heh ^^ I already got welcomed on my other 2 Topics i made O_O. I'm just worried T-T I just hope they won't close it till for the next 100 years c; sad.png

Heh ^^ I already got welcomed on my other 2 Topics i made O_O. I'm just worried T-T I just hope they won't close it till for the next 100 years c; sad.png

I certainly don't want it to end, but it will eventually have to happen, when it does idk, I hope it continues to run healthy for a while, guess we have to wait and see.

I'm sure with fanmade content the fandom will stay for a while, many other fandoms have stayed for a long time after the show, hopefully we're not exception.

And if you already welcomed I don't mean to sound rude, but maybe you should post something like this somewhere better suited on the forums, its a bit confusing at times, again Im just suggesting, not trying to be rude.

I certainly don't want it to end, but it will eventually have to happen, when it does idk, I hope it continues to run healthy for a while, guess we have to wait and see.

I'm sure with fanmade content the fandom will stay for a while, many other fandoms have stayed for a long time after the show, hopefully we're not exception.

And if you already welcomed I don't mean to sound rude, but maybe you should post something like this somewhere better suited on the forums, its a bit confusing at times, again Im just suggesting, not trying to be rude.

Yeah sorry, i'm still a newbie to this ^^. I'll learn soon enough. We're all newbs at once wub.png

(edited)

Sadly that may be what hasbro is thinking as well, despite any idiot can look around and see that its not true.

The real cash is being raked in from the older bronies (the ones that actually MAKE the money by having jobs).

The freaky truth is theres a LOT more of us out there than you know. Most are just in the closet about it.

Hasbro is losing out a ton by not catering more to this crowd as they should, just look at the stuff on places like Etsy, and other areas that sell custom things.

Its that hasbro has the "cartoons are for kids" attitude and refuses to believe that more money could be made by hitting BOTH markets as opposed to gearing towards one and barely touching the other (cause lets face it, look at most things meant for the older crew. Most of it is fan made, or very very generic and really high prices)

Wheres tex avery when ya need'em (he said himself "Cartoons weren't meant for kids!")

anywho... Hasbro's execs really need to get with the times. Anime wouldn't be so profitable for companies like funimation if it weren't for the teen-adult crowd. Theres just little money in the younger ones that Hasbro is trying to play with, they don't stay that young for long, and often reject anything they liked during that time as they grow.

No offense to the kids that like any show, but if you've got a chance to grow your fan base, and make a big buck off of cheaply made merchandise, wouldn't it be smart to expand?

Edited by GrimCW

I think its safe to say MLP isn't going anywhere to soon, even if MLP:FiM did end Hasbro would probably make a gen 5. Im not sure Gen 5 would be a great idea though because i personally don't think Hasbro has been doing to well lately (with the trading card screwups, Twilicorn, Equestria Girls, Etc.)

I think its safe to say MLP isn't going anywhere to soon, even if MLP:FiM did end Hasbro would probably make a gen 5. Im not sure Gen 5 would be a great idea though because i personally don't think Hasbro has been doing to well lately (with the trading card screwups, Twilicorn, Equestria Girls, Etc.)

Mlp might end in a bit, or not who knows really, and they may make a new gen and it might suck or it might be good who knows.

I think mlp has been doing fine so far overall, but that's just me, never know till it comes time :).

Regardless even without the show the fandom will continue on, and I don't plan to leave here, of not for ponies for the awesome people.

Sadly that may be what hasbro is thinking as well, despite any idiot can look around and see that its not true.

The real cash is being raked in from the older bronies (the ones that actually MAKE the money by having jobs).

The freaky truth is theres a LOT more of us out there than you know. Most are just in the closet about it.

Hasbro is losing out a ton by not catering more to this crowd as they should, just look at the stuff on places like Etsy, and other areas that sell custom things.

Its that hasbro has the "cartoons are for kids" attitude and refuses to believe that more money could be made by hitting BOTH markets as opposed to gearing towards one and barely touching the other (cause lets face it, look at most things meant for the older crew. Most of it is fan made, or very very generic and really high prices)

Wheres tex avery when ya need'em (he said himself "Cartoons weren't meant for kids!")

anywho... Hasbro's execs really need to get with the times. Anime wouldn't be so profitable for companies like funimation if it weren't for the teen-adult crowd. Theres just little money in the younger ones that Hasbro is trying to play with, they don't stay that young for long, and often reject anything they liked during that time as they grow.

No offense to the kids that like any show, but if you've got a chance to grow your fan base, and make a big buck off of cheaply made merchandise, wouldn't it be smart to expand?

Eh idk, I know next to nothing about marketing, :P. I'm not gonna act like I do. Although I'm sure they make a good bit on kids, I really don't have anything to say, since I really don't know a lot, sorry.

Yeah sorry, i'm still a newbie to this ^^. I'll learn soon enough. We're all newbs at once img-1565989-1-wub.png

Yeah, it's ok dude, don't worry about it :). I was a newb at once to... Now I have like 4000+ posts xD.
  • Brohoof 1

It could happen, but it probably won't. Seriously. As was said above, there are a lot more bronies than most people know, but the true number might shock you. According to a study conducted by the Brony Herd Census, there could be anywhere from 7-12.4 million bronies just in the United States. This number will probably only go up from there.

• Brohoof 1

Well if they we're to end MLP it would be devastating and the many MLP:FiM fans would be outraged and then they wont be able to see their favorite ponies on TV and then if there are people who wanted to see it and never got to then that wouldn't be good,so they must keep MLP going in order to keep the fanbase up and running and for the enjoyment of girls and boys of all ages :)

PONIES MUST SURVIVE!!!

oohh muffiinns....YAY!!!

Sorry for the random muffin outburst :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Eh idk, I know next to nothing about marketing, tongue.png. I'm not gonna act like I do. Although I'm sure they make a good bit on kids, I really don't have anything to say, since I really don't know a lot, sorry.

Doesn't take much to work with the concepts and ideas.

TBH its just think about where the money is, and who is going to spend it.

At one time (namely 80's-90's) there was the concept that the ones with the most disposable income were the children, since parents were babying their kids way over the top back then. Hasbro made their killing back then with GiJoe, Transformers, and other shows for kids.

These days collectors and nostalgic fans are the ones more likely to get things going, and pay higher prices for craptastic items. One example being reissued Transformers, and Ghostbusters figures (saw a Jenine doll, cheap thing, selling for $40+....)

Its why most markets have shifted as such. You'll find way more "collectibles" statues and figures than you will generic toys, and in many cases (like star wars or transformers) a lot of "throwback" originals re-released.

meanwhile new toys... well.. they disappear from shelves faster than they appear. TMNT for one, despite the somewhat success of the show among fans, I'm seeing those toys go poof rather quickly, not in the sales way, but rather the dwindling will for stores to even stock them way.

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 1

Now why on Earth would they stop making MLP stuff at this current moment in time? I mean it must be a huge money maker especially since there are the kid fanbase as well as the older fanbase that is buying MLP related stuff. I don't see it being stopped anytime soon.

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

IT WOULD BE THE END OF THE WORLD!

Nah, just kidding. I will be sad of couse, but it's going to happen at one point so there's not really much to dosad.png

But the fandom will live on and maybe make it's own episodes. We have already made one (Double Rainboom) so who knows?

Now why on Earth would they stop making MLP stuff at this current moment in time? I mean it must be a huge money maker especially since there are the kid fanbase as well as the older fanbase that is buying MLP related stuff. I don't see it being stopped anytime soon.

My point exactly :)

going into any hot topic trying to find stuff is hard, ask the clerks and they'll tell ya why too... It just sells to damned fast.

sure some of the more generic stuff gets left around (Cards, necklaces, etc...) but most of the wanted items just sell pretty fast. Especially the Vinyl figures.

As long as they (hasbro) are making money, the show will continue. Even if it does end for some reason, we still have all the fanmade music, art, fanfiction, etc. So I don't imagine that we're going away anytime soonlaugh.png

Gen5 will come after FiM.

I'm sure not everyone will embrace it like Gen4 but it will bring in new fans with new material.

Transformers didn't die after the 80s cartoon, it just took a long time before MLP became something amazing.

After FiM it will be a fun up and down ride. Hasbro knows it would be foolish to ignore the bronies potential as a market for future gens.

Regardless of MLP after FiM... Whatever it is.. I'm confident Gen1-3 quality girly schlock is over and done.

(edited)

If MLP stopped. I'm not sure I would live on. I watch a episode of it everyday. When I am under the weather, right after I watch a episode of MLP, I feel like a whole different person. It would not only make me sob but, it would make other younger viewers feel very sad. There's probably at least a lot of people around the world that buy MLP things, online as well as in stores. So I think we will be alight.

Edited by Dopey Hooves

If it were to end the fandom would probably slowly die out or it would keep going strong like the Trekkies.  I personally hope for the second because that fandom can create such awesome things, it would be enough to keep it going.

An hero...

lolno

I'd be upset about it, definitely. I guess if it ends on a good note though, It'd be alright.

Guess I'd treat it like the old episodes of Spongebob. Just go back and watch the good stuff

Would rather see the series end on a relatively decent note than seeing it getting dragged forever and gets progressively worse like how the Land before Time and Spongebob Squarepants turned out just because the company replied on the original success of the franchise.

The Earth will explode. (don't worry i'm just exaggerating it will never end because this is the strongest fandom i've been a part of. so the bronies will still keep it alive with their art, music, comics, animations, etc. i'm not at all worried. sleep.png just keeping doing what you're doing and everything will certainly be fine     smile.png  

(edited)

ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE!!

Yup, I Can See It. Every Brony Loosing Interest The Numbers Dropping 100s Each Seconds Until The Last Brony Stands.... I'll Be That Person (Hopefully!). Maybe G5? Wait No... That Will Probably Be 3D. That's All I Can Think Of. No This Wont Happen Its What Most Bronys Think Of :derp: Also Maybe A Fan Made Series?

Edited by Ali_Derp