Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would happen if they stopped making MLP?

Fredbermudez

If the would stop making it, it's pretty obvious what would happen.

What would happen is that everyone would panic, then everyone would become angry, sad and etc. Then when people have gotten over it, they would continue the fandom. It will last for a long time since there are people that are devoted enough to keep it going until they die. Still, no need to worry, it's going to be a long time until that happens. *Pats a nuclear bomb*

If the show did eventually finish and the whole My Little Pony brand finished because Hasbro did something stupid (very possible)I would guess all the bronies would die out and eventually find another show to appertise our first for entertaining cartoons.

(edited)

It would be saddening. It's really quite a good show and has generated quite the fandom. I know it will not be soon, but it may be in 10 years at soonest. I know it will happen, but I don't know at what date (but in the far future)

I hope it could last through-out my lifetime, but that's almost definitely not going to happen.

@ BigBadWolf it has already lasted longer. It has been existent since 1983, about 15 years longer than Spongebob Squarepants.

Edited by Rainbow P.F. Sparkle

If it ever stopped the the brony culture might fade, but on the other hand the bronies could continue to keep the legacy alive by continuing to make and post pony content i myself would weep in agony. just saying.

it would keep going strong like the Trekkies.

I was about to say that, actually. The original Star Trek series ended in 1969, and it still has die-hard fans. Hell, I love The Next Generation, and that ended before I was born. So a fanbase can survive after whatever they're a fan of comes to an end.

• 8 years later...
  • 2 months later...

If Hasbro discontinued every single official MLP show and movie, the brony fandom would still live on through fanfics, artwork, and other fan-made creations. There are numerous fandoms out there that still live on despite the fact that their official content is no longer being developed.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

Since I'm a FiM-only fan, to me it feels like they did. But that's no problem, since FiM is completed. :eager: I still enjoy relevant fan art and make my own stories, enhancing the world. FiM is a journey that NEVER ends! <3

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to What would happen if they stopped making MLP?

I would ring the bell of inaudible imprecations with my horse costume on. Then walk two times around the unlit candle of disconsolation, in reverse. And strap on my iron horseshoe knuckles for last. Because that means the time of reckoning has begun.

In reality. I wouldn't do a damn thing. It is on them whether the show succeeds or fails. But damn if a part of me wouldn't enjoy it. In fact, I would say I fall within the category of sick and twisted individuals who derive a mix of consolation and pleasure from seeing others fail.
That is how messed up I feel on the inside. It may look like I have good intentions, but the early trauma shared among my family has created a sadistic tendency within myself. It is like when I see a violent altercation on the streets, and someone draws blood, and there is this unconscious grin growing in my face, as I watch with a morbid fascination.
Still, I do conserve my honesty. Which is why I can tell you a part of me would enjoy it, the same way I enjoy seeing everything fall apart eventually. So, let it burn, for all I care. Mark them all. Make them all one. And let them burn.

Wow! I truly feel like this inner monologue brought a hidden aspect of me to the light. But yeah. As I was saying. It is on them.