Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Favorite Piano Music

Away

I've always generally liked classical music but I became more interested in it while taking my music appreciation class, specifically classical piano. Right now, this my favorite piano piece. It's so beautiful and dream-like.

So what are your favorite piano pieces?

• Brohoof 3

The Black Heart Procession's "Fade Away"Now this isn't a piano onlly song but without the piano in it the song wouldn't be the same it helps the somber feeling if it

• Brohoof 1

I'm not a piano music connoisseur or anything, but I enjoy listening to Yiruma, a piano player/composer best known for "River Flows In You":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-4wUfZD6oc

I downloaded all his albums (which I almost never do) and have listened to them many times. I find that they make for pleasant (yet still emotionally powerful and memorable) background music while I'm working on other things or reading, since the songs are usually just piano (and occasionally other accompanying instruments like guitar, string section, etc.) and they don't have lyrics that might otherwise break my focus.

• Brohoof 2

Blah, Debussys Prémiere Arabesque? Cut that shit out, man. Everybody has heard that, try listening to Ravel or Bartok.

Not all Debussy is bad though.

(edited)

Blah, Debussys Prémiere Arabesque? Cut that shit out, man. Everybody has heard that, try listening to Ravel or Bartok.

Not all Debussy is bad though.

Well fuck me for just trying to express my musical taste! Why don't you actually post a song of telling someone to "cut that shit out"? What the fuck does that mean anyway? I'll post whatever I want to. Edited by LatinoChurro
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Impossible to ever select one piano piece, but a contender is this one. While being relaxing, it keeps the melodic touch that all piano pieces should have, and is relatively easy to learn to play yourself. It makes me think of a sunset, though that's probably owed to the well-contextualised photos in the video. Oh so soothing, and brilliant; just like all of Schubert's impromptus.

The left-hand cadence progression from G flat to F major at 1:38... absolutely wonderful.

Another very strong contender is this one from Aphex Twin. I feel like this piece tells a story as it progresses, and the rusticity of the original audio in which it's played adds a touch of quaintness. I love it.

Edited by Flipturn ツ
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Debussy's music is indeed amazing.

I've been mesmerized by this one since I first heard it. Incredible imagry within music:

Also, I love this, although it is a piano concerto, so it has orchestra accompaniment:

(edited)

I love Final Fantasy 7, and this is just sooooo good. I can play about half of it.

I also LOVE this, I can play all of it.

Edited by Thunderlane
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Absolutely adore Franz liszt especially his schubert arrangements!

Chopin, what more can I say? These are my top two pieces I love.

Edited by Bluehooves

Ever head the piano in Penumbra: Black Plague?

Yes, this. This has best piano probably.

And I think some parts of Halo of piano, I like them bits as well if it is piano. If it's something else then nevermind.

I see the moonlight sonata has already been posted, but I AODRE this piece

This recordsing is apparently of The composer himself

Rachmaninoff's Prelude in C Sharp Minor, op.3 no.2

ALso this on piano

I would have to say that my absolute favorite piano piece would be one of Aviators's less-known pieces, "Find Me". Now I know it's not just entirely piano, but I like to think the extra orchestra adds a little more meaning to it. And I must say, it's really good.

I played this in Final Fantasy V.  No, really!  Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgLyzLS2Amw

You can walk up to pianos throughout the game and activate them.  You play a little song each time, and they get better as you go, cause your skill goes up.  The eighth time you do it, it plays this.

Let's see, it's so hard to choose, but I guess my favorite piano piece would be this:

• Brohoof 1