Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Want to live in Somalia

PickMeup

(edited)

This is a question for a google search or encyclopedia, much more so than addressing a pony forum. People who browse casual forums like this are mostly people in the first world who know nothing of Somalia. I don't particularly know why someone would want to live in Somalia, because it seems like a nasty place, but I honestly know nothing about the laws in most 3rd world countries like Somalia.

Edited by Mellon Collie
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

Why would you want to live in Somalia anyway? Like, are you going there to do something in particular, or just live there?

I don't think you have to have citizenship there, though.

But why would you ask a pony forum this? 

I can't tell if it's a serious topic or not.

Edited by -Nobody-
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Chat about anything that doesn't have to do with ponies here, in the depths of the Everfree Forest. As for why I want to live in Somalia simple because I have lost all of my sanity and I am being very serious I just don't know how much it would cost.

Edited by PickMeup

(edited)

what are you going to need huh? lets see, well first your going to need a mode of trasportation, prefferably:

LAND_M113AS4_Australia_lg.jpg

next your gonna need some home defense id go with:

AK47_Full_Stock.jpg

and 

300px-%D0%9F%D0%B8%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%

then finally your gonna need a place to live prefferablly a place like this

embassy_372.jpg

hope i helped biggrin.png

Edited by Nightmare Rarity
  • Brohoof 7

(edited)

Well I did some research and I didn't come up with much. The only piece of real estate I found was a 12 bedroom hotel for sale which cost like $66,000 USD. So I have no idea how much a house would cost but I am assuming it would be cheaper there than it is in the United States. I also found this website that might help.As for the problem of Somalia having no government and being a horrible place to live well it seems as if many Somalians that fled the country are moving back to Mogadishu and there is a housing boom going on in the city. The economy is also starting to come back together slowly so hopefully the country is finally on the path to a bright future. I wish you the best of luck in trying to live in Somalia. smile.png

http://www.xpatulator.com/cost-of-living-review/Somalia-Mogadishu_182.cfm

Edited by Super Derpy

AK47_Full_Stock.jpg

and 

300px-%D0%9F%D0%B8%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%

Does it have to be Russian equipment? Or can I substitute with similar firearms?

Also, do they have any nice beaches in Somalia? I think the OP is on to something here.

Why would you ever want to live in Somalia? It's literally the biggest hellhole on earth. I would say that it's complete anarchy, but that isn't quite accurate as it's actually a bunch of warlords trying to seize power. Its got like a dozen civil wars going on all at once, there are no services, no infrastructure and nothing but extreme violence and poverty

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

hmm, nice beaches huh....well i know of one, but i think you have a better chance of staying in the city, more people you know, plus alot of air traffic.

black-hawk-helicopters%20(1).jpg

well, russian weapons would be preffered, they work a little better.

Edited by Nightmare Rarity

Okay and exactly what do you even know about Somalia? Obviously not very much if you actually want to live there of all places, no matter how much my life got shot to hell I would never want to set foot there.

• Brohoof 1

Assuming you're not trolling...

WHY live in Somalia? The country has no stable govt. Death by gunfire is the most common way people there die. When one faction takes over a new area there are mass executions of the populace. When another faction regains control there are more executions.

$20 US dollars could buy you a home. But how long can you keep it? How many people are you willing to kill just to buy food without being robbed?

so tell me... Tell all of us,,,WHY do you want to live there?

I sincerely hope you aren't serious in your desire to live in Somalia. There are absolutely no good reasons to live there. Count 'em. Zero. Zilch. Zip. Just stop thinking about living there, if you were serious at all. And if you don't believe me, read this article on Somalia from a very good online travel guide. There is no single other location article on the entire website with more warnings and commands NOT to visit said location then the Somalia article. 

http://wikitravel.org/en/Somalia

The place has a booming real estate business so its not like there are no reasons to live there. The only challenge is staying alive. What guns would you suggest?Tanks are expensive they cost over 50,000 dollars.

(edited)

Is this a theoretical question?

Why would you want to move there?  Are you hiding from someone?  Chinese mafia perhaps?.....

Are you a spy!?    O.O

post-6560-0-42168800-1372316023.gif

Edited by John

I've heard they have nice cruises

060706modernpirates_big.jpg

and the local transportation is pretty funky

Technical1.jpg

there are quite a few youth groups, as well

Somalia.jpg

here's a nice block of apartments

IuJ2PHB.jpg

have you considered Kandahar?

• Brohoof 2

I believe you're just trolling. I seriously don't see the benefit in living in such an unstable and hostile location. It's one of the most dangerous places on the planet.

• Brohoof 1