Rocket Pony (improved)

I used to be a stranger

(edited)

I had this crazy idea the other day, and I saw it through over today and yesterday.

Ponifying the famous Saturn V moon rocket. The fun twist I thought of, was making it rightfully to its scale.

img-1619475-1-270px-Apollo_17_The_Last_M

Thus:

post-642-0-27134900-1373310234_thumb.png

post-642-0-04415800-1373310237_thumb.png

What do you think?

And after I made that, I felt I couldn't stop there, since technically the Saturn V is only a launch vehicle, and not the actual spacecraft that went to the moon. The little one on the right is supposed to be the Lunar lander, and the one on the left is supposed to be a ponified Service/Command module.

img-1619475-2-space_12.gif

If it's all and all too weird for the common brony, maybe I was tailoring this way too much towards my interest in Kerbal Space Program.  img-1619475-3-derpy_emoticon2.png

Previous version:

post-642-0-70822000-1372918425_thumb.png

post-642-0-30234500-1372918430_thumb.png

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 8

I see what you did here. Really good job! I just love the modules, they're so cute :P

Also, Kerbal Space Program ! Wohooooohooooooo!

Well, here's something you don't see everyday. Can't never be enough spaceflight related stuff in the world.

Awesome idea and excellent execution, I tip my hat to you, Sir.

Maybe change would be to change the Command Modul's freckles to something less starkly contrasting with the "skin" and enlarge the satelite dish to something along the Lander's camera's size, at the moment it looks like a  bowtie, which, while cool, is probably not what you were going for.

Consider getting rid of the lower "wrinkle" on the Landers face, it makes him look old. His mane needs some readjustments for perspective.

• Brohoof 1

My reaction to this thought process and endeavor is as follows, briefly stated through the usage of captioned screenshots of ponies:

wat.png

PinkieLOL.JPG

That would be all; you may continue whatever task you previously were in the process of accomplishing

xD

EDIT: Changed Saturn, Service Module and LEM.

Saturn now sports Goggles and looks like he's wearing a flight suit. The shaped thing on his head is now his mane.

CSM has been darkened and colour-matched to Saturn so that in-universe it looks like they're siblings, adjusted freckles, enlarged signal antenna, modified the thing on her head so that it looks like a mane as well.

LEM had the face lines removed, and sicne the only straight critique I got about that pony incorrectly assumed it was a boy, I took that to mean the design looked androgynous and therefore removed feminine features such as the rounded face curve and eyelashes.

• Brohoof 1

Wow, this is truly highly creative, good job dude, good job.

Seriously this is a really creative idea, and the execution of the idea was even better.

I was expecting something very.. Strange, but this is instead very creative and awesome!

Good job! Keep up the good work!

Awesome!  Now I want to see him launching!  Oh, and his evil but smaller older brother V-2, his competitor and possible love interest Energiya, and maybe Colt/Filly!Curiosity poking around on Mars. ;)  Very well done! /)*

(edited)

Awesome!  Now I want to see him launching!  Oh, and his evil but smaller older brother V-2, his competitor and possible love interest Energiya, and maybe Colt/Filly!Curiosity poking around on Mars. wink.png  Very well done! /)*

Actually the relationships might get rather complicated if I was to bring in more rocket families.

The V2 is the ancestor of Redstone, which is the great grandfather of most American missile families, including Titan, Delta and Atlas, which all are still used even today. (Redstone and a variant of Titan carried the manned Mercury spacecraft, USA's first men in space. Early Atlas rockets carried Gemini, which was USA's manned program before Apollo. The USAF still widely employs Atlas as a small payload system, usually for military satellites out of spaceports like Vanderberg. Delta is a commonly cited medium-heavy lifter doing basically everything the Shuttle didn't. Right now it's in competition with SpaceX's Falcon 9, and will probably lose if Falcon 9 Heavy succeeds in all of its ambitious design plans.)

Titan was the father for the Saturn family, which in descending order of age but ascending order of size, would include the Saturn I, IB and V (shown).

Energia Buran was the Soviet response to the STS (Shuttle); more powerful and bigger, but ultimately never operated.

Incidentally, STS and the Service Module of the Apollo Program were both built by North American Aviation M.G.

Curiosity as well as Spirit, Opportunity, Pathfinder, the Viking, Surveyor and Mariner spacecraft all would probably belong to the same sort of grouping, all being built by NASA's Jet Propulsion Labs.

Edited by Blue