Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Requesting Critique - Personal Pony Design + Signature

MLPForums Phanact

(edited)

Hey, I'd love to get some critique from the awesome artists I've seen in these forums as I'm a bit noobish when it comes to designing things <3

My Personal Ponytar (Bass clef cutie mark cause I love to sing but have a low voice :3) - OLD (see below for new avatar)

post-17835-0-60356700-1373717511_thumb.png

My Forum Signature

post-17835-0-14215600-1373717521.png

Thank you!

Edited by Kaz
  • Brohoof 1

Pretty good design for your OC, good choice matching the cutie mark colours to the mane ;)

Not much critique can be given though.

As for your signature, my only gripe, which is entirely due to person choice/opinion, would be the positioning of the OC and the text. It'd probably look better if the text was near the center/center left and the oc was more to the right. Other than that, font is awesome and background is nice. Good job~

I actually had it like that originally and it just looked really odd. I positioned my Ponytar more the left as it allows more of the tail to be shown and I left the text slightly behind the Ponytar because I wanted it to have a sense of depth. The font I used is http://www.dafont.com/equestria.font and I just added a stroke with a white to grey gradient to give it a metallic feel.

Thanks for the critique, Lugia (which, oddly enough, is my all time favorite Pokemon). Your artwork is great BTW! I'll attempt a version two of my signature later today taking your suggestions into account (: Thank you!

(edited)

i personally really like the signature. I like it better than the pic above to be honest.

the OC is really cute and good choice of colors but I think you have to be really careful not to draw them too much like the pony generator style or they don't look like original art at all. Try making her in a position that isn't so typical. Look at some MLP pictures and choose something interesting for her to be doing, or just in a not so side on position or something. head turned, walking, rearing up, or something.

I also don't know if the brown eyes work for me, with her being such a pale color otherwise. I'd expect a different color in the eye to go with the light blues.

but it's up to you as she's yours.

Edited by Mikestar

The brown eye's are because this pony is supposed to look like me (: I have brown eyes and I'm dying my hair this Ice blue color next week. I think I might remake my Avatar to look more like my signature because my Avatar was just rushed one morning. I really wanted my pony to be in the kind of 'Battle Stance' that Rarity and Twilight use when they're fighting with magic.

The icy blue color complements the white coat very well. The cutie mark is neat and I like it how it matches the mane color. The brown eyes also look nice, but somewhat out of place, it is interesting none the less.

I also like the Sigs look more than the full picture.

I'm just finishing up the last few things on the new Avatar! The critique I've gotten has been really helpful and once again, I know the brown eye color looks daft but this Ponytar is supposed to be my exact double.

Here is my new avatar. I am sorry Lugia but for some reason it just really doesn't look correct to have the text the way you do yours so I've resorted to tilting it and increasing the font size (: Thank you for the critique however (to everyone), I will remember that the next time I make some GFX work.

post-17835-0-07839100-1373732686_thumb.png