Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Alicorn Twilight give S4 a new intro?

KVoakes17

New theme song?  

179 users have voted

1. 1. With a new intro, would you like to see the theme song changed?

• yay...
    • Neigh!

I think the song should stay, and it would be plain lazy if they didn't add Twilicorn animations. It would be especially great if they slowly changed it through the season as she learns how to fly better.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned already, but did you see Rarity's Hot Minute?

For a second, you can see a shot of the intro of Twilight appearing with the rest of the mane six in front of the treehouse like she does in the original intro, except they lazily added added wings onto her body.

So yeah... don't know if that's a good sign for the new intro thing.

Probably slightly changed theme, and Twilight having wings. It would be pointless having a unicorn in an opening, when in the show she's actually alicorn. Maybe changing some clips too, since the old intro really is... old. Only small changes were made even since Season 1, and it got a bit overused.

I'm not sure if they plan on changing the theme song though. Probably slightly, but nothing too serious. Ironically, I actually like the intro, and I think it describes the show fine, even though it is girly. I wish they could keep it, at least most of it.

Definitely. No doubt in my mind. It makes sense, but then again, the normal one makes sense to me to. I mean, think about it. Season 4's new intro would make sense for Alicorn Twilight. But the old one is great too, because it shows how it was, that classic feel to MLP. Either way, I just hope S4 turns out great.

I don't really think much will be changed.

Oh and also, this new Hot Topic video, around 0:57 you can see a part of the intro where Twilight Sparkle has her wings

She's right. If you blink you'll miss it... But then again, that does raise a few more questions. Did Twilight stay in Ponyville then?

• Brohoof 1

Definitely. No doubt in my mind. It makes sense, but then again, the normal one makes sense to me to. I mean, think about it. Season 4's new intro would make sense for Alicorn Twilight. But the old one is great too, because it shows how it was, that classic feel to MLP. Either way, I just hope S4 turns out great.

She's right. If you blink you'll miss it... But then again, that does raise a few more questions. Did Twilight stay in Ponyville then?

McCarthy already said as much on her Twitter, this merely cements already confirmed infomation.

And I don't see the problem with keeping most of the intro, almost all the different Power Rangers shows use the same intro and theme music, only slightly changing the intro when something major has changed such as a new Ranger entering the team, or a new actor replacing someone, and I never heard anyone complain when one of the incarnations of Power Rangers uses the same theme music throughout the show, heck, I've been watching Mighty Morphin on Netflix for months and have just gotten up to the third season, and I never complained about the intro and theme music.

And even if you're tired of the intro, you can simply fast forward to the episode if you're watching on Netflix or Youtube, and if you're watching on regular TV, you can simply mute your TV and close your eyes for 10 seconds or however long the MLP intro is.

This is something I pondered on myself, and personally, I'm stuck between a new intro with a new song, or the same intro, same song, but they just add wings to Twilight. I'm leaning toward the first prediction, but I believe it could be either one.

• 6 years later...

It was kinda forced, but they did slap those wings on a few episodes as well! I do remember season 4 as the worst, Twilight "the princess" with pasted wings, bullying Fluttershy in a full out song! :(