Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Alicorn Twilight give S4 a new intro?

KVoakes17

New theme song?  

179 users have voted

1. 1. With a new intro, would you like to see the theme song changed?

• yay...
    • Neigh!

I don't care for the opening as I usually skip through it. They can change the song, animation sequence all they like it's of no importance to me.

Edited by Unipeg

Pretty controversial topic, but I'm like that

So, this kinda crossed my mind during a fun lesson of History. The current title sequence used for the first three seasons is pretty well known now. Twilight steps out of her balloon, watches a train with Derpy in it. Then we see the best pony fly in with a scene change, and after hearing a line from each voice actor and seeing their pony's, we see the final still image of the six best friends. With Dashie looking the best.

Will they make a NEW sequence? Maybe a better song?

Or will they keep it the same, leading to all the 'Apple Jack is best background pony' jokes.

249070.png

So, What do you reckon guys? Cheers!

Maybe, to fit in with the whole fact twilight is a princess, BUT we dont really know if she'll stay a princess....maybe she'll turn back to normal in episode 2 when the three-parter is over O.o,so...we cant really tell, but yeah i think they'll change the opening a bit.

Pretty controversial topic, but I'm like that

So, this kinda crossed my mind during a fun lesson of History. The current title sequence used for the first three seasons is pretty well known now. Twilight steps out of her balloon, watches a train with Derpy in it. Then we see the best pony fly in with a scene change, and after hearing a line from each voice actor and seeing their pony's, we see the final still image of the six best friends. With Dashie looking the best.

Will they make a NEW sequence? Maybe a better song?

Or will they keep it the same, leading to all the 'Apple Jack is best background pony' jokes.

Hi there - just to let you know that I've merged your thread with this existing one, as both of them are about discussing whether Alicorn Twilight will result in the intro changing.

• Brohoof 1

May the Light guide us all through the path of difficulties!

I only have this prayer to God that he will grant the new opening for MLP S4.

I hated the old opening already, i am gonna bombard Hasbro Studios if they don't change the opening into more interesting one like the Equestria Girls although that movie sucks!

I actually kind of enjoyed the the Italian version of the theme animation better then the actual American. Their song sounded very catchy for some reason. Maybe because its very anime-like, and it was almost like a flashback in an introduction. I wish they did something like that here....

I personally think updating the theme song would be a great idea considering the fact now that Twilight is an alicorn; she has to have wings. Hope it would be something different from the original one.

Edited by ~Glimmer Lily~

I think a new variation of the theme (like done in Equestria Girls' opening theme) would be a nice touch, but then again nothing wrong with the old opening song, so like the saying goes, If it ain't broke....it don't need fixin'? huh.png

I'm like 95% sure the intro will be revised, now that Twily is an Alicorn! :D <3

-squee-

As for the theme song? I'm not sure at all, like a 50/50 I'd guess.

It wouldn't hurt it to stay, but with a new intro, it'd be expected for the theme to be slightly tweaked.

I honestly wouldn't mind the Equestria Girls intro to be in it, personally. But do with what they will!

I have grown to quite like the current theme song and intro, I hope they do not change it to much. I guess this gives them opportunity to change it now that she is an alicorn, the question now is what will they change it to and how much will they change it?

Totally off-topic here!

100th post :P

Edited by Xelphos

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the theme already, so while obviously, the animation is going to be different, I don't really want a new song. However, if a new theme is just as awesome as the current one, I'd be completely fine with it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anypony here think that it would be possible if Hasbro made a drastic change on the intro of season 4 from the previous seasons of MLP:FIM?

What does everypony think about this matter?

Should the intro be changed drastically or should it stay about the same as it is now?

Well, considering Twilight's appearance has massively changed in the last episode, it will have to be different.

So that means, none of this.

My_Little_Pony_Theme_Song.png

(I direct your attention to the lack of wings on Twilight.)

This could arc in a whole lot of different ways. They could just copypasta the original intro, with wings added to Twilight (and possibly her being a little taller, because she actually is, as an alicorn), but I highly doubt that DHX would be that lazy, considering what their track record is.

They could also make a fresh new opening, with perhaps a completely remixed version of the original opening song. I really loved the theme they used in EqG, but it's doubtful they'll use that in the show.

http://youtu.be/RmDH7I4VFv0

One thing's for sure, the "My Little Pony, My Little Pony" portion is going to stay, as it is somewhat a trademark of the MLP franchise. It was in the very first commercial, has been used in most (if not every) commercial since, it has been in every animated feature for the franchise, this includes the 80's TV show and movie, G2 and G3, FiM and Equestria Girls. It's symbolic and something that everyone knows the brand for. So no matter what kind of song we get, you will always hear that tune at the beginning, or somewhere in it, but most likely the beginning.

Now...yes, both the Italian (I mention this because it's the most talked about official one, in my opinion) and Japanese intros don't have the tune. Well, mostly because of the challenge of writing lyrics of the same song in a different language, and having it sound like it makes sense to people who speak that language. Nothing anyone can do about that. But as far as English goes, every MLP theme will always have that part.

Since season 4 is revving up to be a pretty good season, I predict a really different opening, but we will just have to wait and see. I don't mind the one we have now, but I know a lot of people despise it and skip it.

• Brohoof 2

They will probably have a new opening with possibly a remix version of the theme song, basically the Equestria Girls theme song. I doubt that, anyway the opening would have to be new because of Twilight's transformation which has to include her having the wings that she earned in Magical Mystery Cure. Even, if it will be a bad reminder to the people who hate her new transformation.

I really hope so. Honestly it would seem stupid to keep using the same one every season. And I would definitely love a new theme song.  One a little less cheesy.