Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Alicorn Twilight give S4 a new intro?

KVoakes17

New theme song?  

179 users have voted

1. 1. With a new intro, would you like to see the theme song changed?

• yay...
    • Neigh!

Obviously, but that also leads to another thought. Could this also lead towards a new theme song? I hope so.
What do you guys think? Would you favour the idea of a new intro song, or would you perfer that they stick to the familiar?

Obviously, but that also leads to another thought. Could this also lead towards a new theme song? I hope so.

What do you guys think? Would you favour the idea of a new intro song, or would you perfer that they stick to the familiar?

I'm thinking of the Equestria Girls MLP remix:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRTMUVcU90U

That would be awesome, with some new animation that would make for an epic new theme! :D

• Brohoof 2

We're definitely getting a new intro due to Twilight becoming an Alicorn. The question is, how different will it be from the current one? Will the animation just be changed slightly to include wings, or will we get a completely different intro and song? I'm hoping they change things up quite a bit :D I don't have a problem with the current intro, but some change would be nice.

• Brohoof 2

Though a new introduction animation is inevitable, I'd hate to see the theme song be changed. It's iconic, and a traditional My Little Pony thing. I look forward to the theme song in every episode :D

If the song does get changes applied to it, I would hope they'd be minor :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'd love to see a new theme tune, though I'd rather have a remix/retake of the current theme rather than an entirely new theme. The Equestria Girls remix sounded awesome and I'd like to see more in the future.

Edited by Rainboom Dash

I think a new intro clip is in order, maybe showing twilight as a unicorn at first, and an alicorn at the end, but a whole intro remake wouldn't be that bad.

• Brohoof 1

Im thinking we may see a new intro and song :)

Makes sense now to do it as we are rntering a new era :)

Maybe this will be the sneak preveiw at comiccon?

There should be a new intro and, I don't know if they will change the song too. But, I guess it would be a nice new change for the show. The change would be pretty well executed if they know what to do.

Why does everyone have a problem with the theme tune? I love it, personally. I find it quite catchy and rather fun to sing along to. (In my head, of course.) 

But we'll definitely be seeing a new animation, even if it's just to fit some wings onto Twilight.

I found the EG remix quite cool as well, it would be awesome if that was the new song intro :D

The animation of the opening does need some change, and not simply some added on wings. 

I doubt the main theme would be changed, and i don't think it should.

I'm pretty sure the dev team already knows the fan backlash they got from making Twilight an Alicorn, if they changed their main theme of all things, they might accidentally make fans think they're delibrately trying to tick fans off.

the animation for the intro, however, we'll just have to wait an see, if the intro remains unchanged, however, it would already say alot about what might happen if future episodes.

I'm pretty sure it'll change. The one thing that won't change is the "My Little Pony, My Little Pony..." portion of the tune. That's the iconic part that serves as the brand's tradition. Whether it's at the beginning or somewhere in the middle, I suspect you'll always hear it in any intro they come up with.

I think a cool idea for the animators would be if they showed Twilights story through the seasons in the intro animation. 

Showing her ride to Ponyville, then introducing her friends, and finally ending with her being an alicorn at the coronation. Of course the theme song would HAVE to be changed then to fit in with the new animation and style...

• Brohoof 1

We're definitely getting a new intro due to Twilight becoming an Alicorn. The question is, how different will it be from the current one? Will the animation just be changed slightly to include wings, or will we get a completely different intro and song? I'm hoping they change things up quite a bit :D I don't have a problem with the current intro, but some change would be nice.

The way animations like this work it will save hundreds of hours of work on the animators' parts to simply add some wings to the vectors they used for the intro already, rather than having to make new vectors, write a new intro, and go through the tedious and painful process of animating the new intro. It would be too much time and money for them to bother, and one might go as far as to say that for those very same reasons they may not modify the intro at all. If they modify it at all, it's just sticking wings on the old intro.

I think a cool idea for the animators would be if they showed Twilights story through the seasons in the intro animation. 

Showing her ride to Ponyville, then introducing her friends, and finally ending with her being an alicorn at the coronation. Of course the theme song would HAVE to be changed then to fit in with the new animation and style...

I do like this idea; I could see them doing it. The only tricky part is that you'd risk losing the "character balance" you get with the current intro. You'd probably have to show clips with Twilight and each of the other Mane 6 or something.

I also think that S4 should have the Equestria Girls Theme. I thought that would be pretty good, since it doesn't have any humans in the theme.

There should clearly be another theme sequence - at least a new animation to show Twilight's wings.

As for the song, the Equestria Girls remix is pretty good. I was slouching while watching the movie, and as soon as I heard it, I sat up straight.

It sounds so much more professional.

The way animations like this work it will save hundreds of hours of work on the animators' parts to simply add some wings to the vectors they used for the intro already, rather than having to make new vectors, write a new intro, and go through the tedious and painful process of animating the new intro. It would be too much time and money for them to bother, and one might go as far as to say that for those very same reasons they may not modify the intro at all. If they modify it at all, it's just sticking wings on the old intro.

Seems kind of lame to just add wings to the intro and change nothing else though. There's already a YouTube video that did that in a joking manner. It would be nice to see new animation sequences, even though it would take a lot of work. Not only would a new intro be more pony content to look forward to, but it would also depict the show's development. I wouldn't mind keeping the theme song the same, since it's become an iconic part of MLP:FIM. I've noticed that anime seems to change their intros quite often, so it doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to pull off.

;) I think a new opening would be great! Woohoo! :yay: 

But if you guys don't want a new theme song, then that's fine with me...

...If there is a new theme song, I think it might have something to do with what Twilight has learned while she's been at Ponyville.

;) 

That would be awesome, maybe they'd adjust it to like be like "friendship got us this far" and that kinda stuff.

Eh.

I kinda think that they'll just have Twilight with wings in the into now though.