Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Villager after E3 opinions?

Geek0zoid

Ever since Smash Bros. 4 was announced at E3 and Villager was revealed as a playable character, people have been constantly making memes and pictures about him. The pictures make Villager look like a serial killer and psychopath. In a nutshell, he's become the Tails Doll of Nintendo. The pictures have died down recently, but I honestly thought it was all just stupid to make Villager look like that.

What were your thoughts on all of it?

(edited)

A lot of people, including myself, just couldn't see the Villager being a playable character in a free-for-all fighting game. Then, of course, we see the trailer, and realize how much of a badass he really is. Some people reacted to this by firing up whatever image editing software they use and adding captions to the particular shots that fully capture the true maniacal behaviour of the Villager. Because, really, I think that's how they intended for him to come across as. Creates hype. Of course, people were making all those memes in 20 seconds flat and releasing them to the Internet all at once, so it got pretty old pretty fast. I still get a kick out of his portion of the trailer, though.

Edited by Zerrodo
  • Brohoof 2