nickdh

(edited)

2eNOWJJ.png

Proud affiliate of Sonic Radio Boom
aD49wVN.png

9Qd3rIl.png wTve8qp.png dEajejP.png

Equestrian Adventures
The way to live your life in Equestria!

This game is a 3D roleplaying game (soon to come with MMORPG support) specifically for the My Little Pony fandom, us bronies and pegasisters.

We have the following planned for the future:

1. Ability to create your OC
  2. Online Brony Chat
  3. More Cities of Equestria
  4. Animation
  5. Higher quality sounds
  6. an in-game radio station (almost done)
  7. Image & Song dumps
    ...and more!

Our new and improved home screen!
img-2684120-1-kKKtmH2.jpg

Lyra and Bon Bon talking... they look happy :)
img-2684120-2-Y0I2gUc.jpg

Now, let's get to that demo download!
First, the requirements...:

Minimum recommended computer specs:

• Processor - Dual Core @ 1.60 GHz
  • Ram - 1.5GB
  • OS - Windows... XP, Vista, 7, 8
  • Video -  Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 (integrated graphics memory)
  • Resolution - 640 x 480 minimum display resolution
  • HDD - 250MB of free space

Average recommended computer specs:

• Provessor - Dual Core @ 2.00 GHz
  • Ram - 2GB
  • OS - Windows... XP, Vista, 7, 8
  • Video - nVidea Quadro FX 1500M (256MB) or better
  • Resolution - 1024 x 768 recommended resolution
  • HDD - 300MB of free space

And lastly, the demo download! (updated 6/5/14)
https://mega.co.nz/#!XV5EgSob!GqXsWGOgtIOy4_lJw-AaI8rv3cdymydZ6Lmo2ODwg4E

Thanks! If you find any bugs or have any suggestions, questions, or comments.. be sure to drop me an inbox!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

KNOWN BUGS:

If anypony gets an error that looks like this..:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc150002). Click OK to close the application."

Please be sure you have the latest version of DirectX on your windows computer. Download link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
Also, be sure you have the latest VC++ visual runtimes... download link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5638

I'm very sorry for the inconvinience.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I just realized that some people are having troubles when opening the game, and the game itself saying that "d3dx9_27.dll" cannot be located.
Well, this is the fix:
http://3dfoundry.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=176.0;attach=1002

Download that, and extract it into the same folder the game EXE is located. It should then work! :D

Edited by nickdh
  • Brohoof 3

It looks awesome! Although, if the pony's flying, their wings should be open...

And no for OS X? Aww... I think you should do it for all three systems when you can :D

Thanks! Yeah, it'll go with the animation when I work on it :)

Unfortunately, I will not be able to support Mac or Linux in the near future, as the engine I use only supports Windows. Terribly sorry about that..

• Brohoof 1

Ooh this looks awesome! I'm totally try this out like as soon as I finish my work out! Yay! It looks great by the way, One question though, can you put cutie marks or is that in the works?

• Brohoof 1

Unfortunately, I will not be able to support Mac or Linux in the near future, as the engine I use only supports Windows. Terribly sorry about that..

Awww... Well, maybe if another programmer joins later on they'll be able to expand it! I hope so, anyway. Good luck with your future work! 

• Brohoof 1

Ooh this looks awesome! I'm totally try this out like as soon as I finish my work out! Yay! It looks great by the way, One question though, can you put cutie marks or is that in the works?

Currently, creating your OC is in the works, and cutie marks will most likely not be available. Sorry for the inconvinience :/

Thank you so much!! Hope you enjoy it!

Awww... Well, maybe if another programmer joins later on they'll be able to expand it! I hope so, anyway. Good luck with your future work! 

That would be awesome, but very unlikely. I guess we'll see what the future holds. Thank you, though! And thanks for the good luck! :P

It looks awesome! Although, if the pony's flying, their wings should be open...

And no for OS X? Aww... I think you should do it for all three systems when you can :D

I apologize in advance but I just could not resist correcting this one. I have seen it a lot and for some reason, it really bothers me. The plural for pony is ponies.  ^_^

I apologize in advance but I just could not resist correcting this one. I have seen it a lot and for some reason, it really bothers me. The plural for pony is ponies.

I derped on that one xD. I meant to say 'if the pony is flying', but instead I put the apostrophe s. Sounds a bit similar, that's why I confused it a little bit. I said 'their' later on in the sentence 'cause I wasn't sure of the pony's gender, and their is gender-neutral...

(My apologies go the the topic creator for discussing grammar a little bit...) 

I derped on that one xD. I meant to say 'if the pony is flying', but instead I put the apostrophe s. Sounds a bit similar, that's why I confused it a little bit. I said 'their' later on in the sentence 'cause I wasn't sure of the pony's gender, and their is gender-neutral...

(My apologies go the the topic creator for discussing grammar a little bit...) 

No need to apologize, I'm just laying back and watching. :P

ahh, the pony's gender, I should have mentioned things about her! :P Her name is Sky Heavens, she is a beautiful mare who is an artist. :D

ahh, the pony's gender, I should have mentioned things about her! Her name is Sky Heavens, she is a beautiful mare who is an artist.

She does remind me of the sky, so you named her quite well! Is she wearing a scarf or something of the like as well? That's pretty cool if accesories were allowed... 

• Brohoof 1

She does remind me of the sky, so you named her quite well! Is she wearing a scarf or something of the like as well? That's pretty cool if accesories were allowed... 

Funny thing is, I didn't name or make her, someone recolored her on the Google Sketchup 3D Warehouse, I'm just putting her in my game :P

Certain accessories will be allowed. She is in fact wearing a scarf :D

New bug found!

I just realized that some people are having troubles when opening the game, and the game itself saying that "d3dx9_27.dll" cannot be located.

Well, this is the fix:

http://3dfoundry.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=176.0;attach=1002

Download that, and extract it into the same folder the game EXE is located. It should then work! :D

• Brohoof 1

Aw unfortunately the file is too big for my computer so I can't try it out. >: I thought it was going to be like Feral Heart file size, but oh well. *Gross sobbing*

I'm really sorry to hear that.

You need at least 700MB free for extracting the game. If you don't have that much free, you'd have to free up some space for it.

• 5 months later...

The game has been on delay for several months.
Work will be resumed as of tomorrow, January 1st, 2014. 

We will have our website back up and running as of tonight. 
In major need of helpers and beta testers for the game! If you're interested, please message me or add me on Skype, "vebeba1"...

Happy New Years Eve everyone!

Edited by nickdh

• 4 months later...
(edited)

Hi everybody! :)

Firstly, I want to thank you all for over 3,000 views on this thread!!

Secondly, I have finally finished a beta release of the game! If you want to try it out, click here. Before you play, check out the Readme file!

Please do tell me what you think!

If it doesn't work for you, please let me know and I'll see if I can fix it.

Thank you!!

Some pics:

kKKtmH2.jpg

Y0I2gUc.jpg

Edited by nickdh

I hope that this can be compatible for mac as well...

It will not be :/ 

I have not figured out a way to run it on Macs yet. To create a version for mac, I'd have to recreate the entire game from scratch, and that'd be a lot.

:)

(edited)

@@nickdh,

Well...I guess I could just run it on Wine for the time being. It's a .exe file right? 

That- I'm not sure about..

For it to run, you'd need the appropriate drivers. DirectX8.0+ and the latest Microsoft VC++ runtimes.

But hey, it's worth a try! If you try it, definitely lemme know the results!!

Edited by nickdh

(edited)

@@nickdh,

I think wine has those drivers.  

Hopefully so.

I've never tried/needed wine, nor do I have a linux/mac computer to test it on.

:)

Steve,

Thank you!

Edited by nickdh