Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else plagued by restlessness?

aoEAF2FBvC0MIo2Q

If you're someone who has the tendency to be restless, then you're just like me. Always something on my mind, something that needs to be done or something that needs to be figured out, there's always something at stake, never enough time, always has to be the one to get things done and take on everything.

Ironically, that same stress that should be pushing me to do all those things tends to do the opposite which is procrastination. The greater the stress, the more attractive that choice. It can be a vicious cycle. As a student, this tendency to become restless when studying can be counter-productive because as it turns out, learning happens best when in rest. In fact, the greatest struggles I've gone through as an electrical engineering student is figuring out how to control my impulses and stay calm under pressure so that the stress does not inhibit studying.

Oh and I found this interesting video about restlessness and providing rest.

When I saw this for the first time I petrified. It pretty much described my relationship with my mom in childhood; I had to work for it. Hard. And so I did. I blazed through elementary, middle school, high school and even advanced placement and not one year did I stay behind... Now I am going for my bachelor's degree in electrical engineering and only now does it become evident to me just how restless a person I am. Still I have some trouble figuring all this out, what this "rest" thing is and how I am to find it...

In light of that little tidbit I brought forward, I guess I'll close my post with this

05_49_37_818_262160__UNOPT__safe_animate

Ah I know where you're coming from mate as I'm an insomniac. I have gotten used to life without much sleep over the years. Anymore, on rare occasions in which I do get 7+ hours of sleep, I feel worse than I would have with 3. It isn't healthy but eh, not a whole lot you can do. It's hard to stop a restless mind.

I sleep, but I have screwy sleep patterns and show signs of sleep apnea.

Worst nights I have hypnogagic hallucinations and dreamlike imagery creep into my waking consciousness.

Best thing for me is not to eat fatty foods before sleeping. Stomach acid tends to mess with my sleeping patterns.

Well, aside from sleeping problems, it's also about being worried about stuff all the time. Like everything has to be more or less perfect or you get stressed. I don't have much problems with sleep. In fact, I'm probably sleeping too much. But it's that restlessness about what to do or what should I be doing that plagues me so much. I can't really rest when I'm always thinking that I need to be doing something.

I usually try to get past restlessness even though I have a tendency to do many tasks at the same time, and I usually can't handle too many tasks since I would get too tired and not be able to sleep.