Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Videogames you TRIED to like, but really didn't?

Xievie

Assassins Creed series, i played them all and didnt really understand what all the hype was about to be honest, i mean they arent bad games, its just i really didnt like them.

Tried Mass Effect, couldn't get into it.

Did you try Mass Effect 2? I started at 2 and was blown away. 1 is hard to get into.

Mass Effect comes readily to mind. I have heard nothing but good things about this series (disregarding the ending controversy from awhile back) and I wanted to see what was so great, but I have yet to experience any of this because the first game is so bad I want to chuck my controller against a wall in frustration. Idiotic partner AI, cover that protects you as well as tissue paper, overly long loading times every time I died (which was a lot by the way) and horrible driving sequences are just some of the things that are keeping me from wanting to go back and give this series a chance.

IGNORE MASS EFFECT 1. Start with 2 and work your way on from there. The first Mass Effect can be an ordeal to play through; the story is excellent but the gameplay is pretty meh. Don't let the lame gameplay from the first one ruin your experience.  

• Brohoof 1

I have yet to try them all, but here a few that I just did not enjoy after trying or playing them for a while.

• Final Fantasy series
  • Call of Duty series
  • Pokemon Dungeon games
  • Sports games
  • Motion control games

That's a few to name at the moment.

This. This all the way.

I don't know why FF gets so much praise, the art style is just... I want to punch all of the characters in the face. Same goes for Kingdom Hearts. Not to mention the dialogue and characters are unbelievably bland.

Also, I'm always bugged by everyone that I haven't given CoD Zombies a chance, but I did. It was garbage.

Oh yeah. Minecraft too.

Pokemon.

Frankly, it's really boring and repetitive. The entire game is, "Catch, Train, Fight"

All of them, actually. Sure, there's new features, but they're based entirely on that system.

Minecraft is a big one, too. It carries the same problem that Pokemon does: over-reliance on a single gameplay type."Hit brick, make new brick."

It's only fun/challenging before you make a house, which takes a good half hour or so.

Final Fantasy, too. Just... Too complicated and stuff.

@@Circadian

YES. I WAS JUST ABOUT TO TYPE SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

THANK YOU.

Edited by Yes-Man

I was never really abel to get into League of Legends. I just found it frustrating and confusing. To this day I still dont understand all the hipe around the game ether. Iv never really been a big fan of MMO-RPG-PVP anyways so thats also probably why I cant get into it.

• Brohoof 1

I've tried to play a puzzle game called "The Ball". It is fun for the first hour so, but it just ends up getting boring far too fast for me. The environment is amazing though, I really want to like it, but I just can't.

D8d0Ri2.jpg

@: I like the game personally. It's not so much about it being action packed, but its more about strategy. Using different builds, rune sets, and things like that. Some people really get into it, others don't.

Edited by ~Scootaloo

Well, for right now, all I can think of is Final Fantasy. I want to like it, but it just isn't for me. It has nice music though, and I guess something is better than nothing.

Final Fantasy has a rhythm game out if you're into the music...

I tried to like Fallout 3 and New Vegas...Snore.

Tried to like Demon's Souls...Tedious drivel.

Tried to like Skyrim...Actually liked it okay, but to be fair, I completely abandoned the actual plotline to wander off at random and forge my own adventure as a fugitive mass murderer (I really get into roleplay when a game allows it...).

• Brohoof 1

I'm not too into the sports games. So much so I totally forget they exist. I remember I was playing something and my friend saw and asked me "You got Fifa on that". I turned to him and said "No, get out". His bunnies later died for a completely unrelated reason.

Tried to force myself to like Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (G.R.A.W), but I just do not like the game.Simply because:

1) It is not a FPS, its a TPS

2) Concept to complicated to understand

3) Have a very low health and not able to heal once hit/shot

This is also one of the reason of why I threw my X Box 360 away.I switched with PS3 and got happy from there!

Hm.. i normally am pretty easy to impress, and if i really dislike a game i just won't play it.

However i'll be honest, i kinda forced myself to play Runescape for a while, i played it for like a whole year or two, trying to get to max level, because i wanted to feel famous or something, yet i never even got 1 99, but i played because idk, i wanted to be known for something.

This was also during the time i was homeschooled, and i was in a more lonely state, so yeah. I guess that factors in.

Can't really say theres any others right this minute.

I tried one of the hardcore games, League of Legends. I was very happy that I run it in my Mac. So the problem is that I sucked at that game. Especially Bots. They always use attack and retreat method. I had 40 RP now. But since my MacBook is broken, I can't play it.

(I am using ipad and a slow iMac) I would try to like it again. But right now I don't like it.

(Oh yeah I had 120 RP originally but I spent it on Miss Fortune so it's 40 now)

Everyone has a different style of game, every gamer isn't going to like every game. I tried to like final fantasy 4 but i didn't so i didn't play any of the other games. I like a bunch of different types of games, but turn based games just are not for me.

I think one of the big reasons people don't care for strategy games is, because as a whole people have gotten used to being spoon fed everything. Heaven forbid the player has to something beyond mashing buttons in cinematic cut scenes.

Off the top of my head:

Call of duty (twice)

*First five minutes*

"LAWL MY WIIMOTE IS GUN"

*Once the novelty wears off*

"Okay I'm killing people and....? Is that it? I need some incentive, just killing people is boring"

Several f2p RTS games (Over the course of the last few hours)

"I wanted more of a base builder kinda thing...but thanks!" (Prefiered side of this genre)

"Okay people can gain an unfair advantage instantly with no effort with some dough? *Disconnects*" 

(Cash shouldn't = insta win. Advantage, fair enough, they paid, but instant everything with no effort? That's not a game.)

"This is too slow/I can't move anymore?!/No I'm not referring my poor friends..."  (I want to play now, not a bit every day)

Runescape (3 attempts, tempted to go for 4 because I'm dumb)

"I'm might as well see how the old guy has aged...."

*Five minutes later*

"All they do is complain and fear change....heaven forbid you can *GASP* adjust the UI now! Games totally ruined now!"

Pikmin 3

I'm still judging this, but I'm upset with story mode. Too short, and difficulty has been toned down too much (insta kill hazard now...temporary stuns your troops until you call them back. Now the weakest hazard =/) . My brother is hardly a good vs. opponent, so that leaves going for high scores in challenge mode, which I will get bored once I get all the platinum medals and I accept I'll never have the #1 score out of everyone else (Check for the later, and 1/5 Medals down....first I got with only a few tries...)

Need for speed: Most wanted U

I can freely drive around a city yay!

*Can't go offroad unless it's a dirt road or between two roads* *Gets used to the city* *EVERY crash has a stupid cutscene.*

Okay...well there's the cops!

*Quickly figures out how to outsmart them, gets bored after getting tailed for half an hour at highest wanted level*

Well....races?

*Former DLC content car included in base game is unbalanced and lets me win everything* *Races get repetitive*

Well, I can get the collectables...

*Not much incentive to do so* *Map made that a breeze*

Well I can post funny stuff on miiverse at least!

*Advances a few frames before stopping, ruining screenshot* And/or *Game outright crashes for trying to do this*

And multiplayer is either a unknown person that may as well be a computer, squeakers, (blarg) I could try playing with my friends, but while I would find it enjoyable to play it with my friends, I'd rather play other (more fun) games with them.

• Brohoof 1

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon:Gates to Infinity.  liked every other dungeon game, but this one? Nope. I hated it because it was really fast to beat and it stuck to one gender. I didn't appreciate the lack of choice in genders in the game. 

Sims 3 got pretty boring really fast until you buy the other packs, which is really dumb...then again, this is the same for ALL the sims games for DS.

• Brohoof 1

Pokemon mystery dungeon:

The first time I played I thought it was pretty rad, a whole new perspective of pokemon. I replayed the first recently got bored and annoyed with how tedious the quests were when later dungeons were introduced, often times I ended up going through every corner except the one that led me to the next stairwell, the game tries to screw you over at every turn after the main quest. Heres a quick example freaking traps turn all my food into grimy sludge, so I save it until I'm starving, I eat it it poisons me but I don't have any freaking pecha berries to cure it at this point because its all grimy sludge from the bs traps, but I can't find the stair well because nothing at all leads you to them, so by the time I finally find the stair well I'm low on health. Next floor okay, this is a really bad spot so I walk with caution, I try to fight my enemies one at a time with range but no the game isn't having that when everything seems perfectly safe my ally steps on a confusion trap in a fight, he kills me. GG game freak

Call of Duty: Everywhere I step, it's an instakill from being shot in the foot by any gun except the ones that take legitimate skill to aim, I don't understand

Slender: "LET'S WALK INTO THE WORLD AND HAVE A MAGICAL GOOD TIME BEING SCARED"

"Am I supposed to move this slow?"

"Oh turns out I walked in a circle"

"Oh no, is slendy man, oh wait, it wasn't scary"

There are only two games in existence that I could not get into:

Sentinel Returns (mainly because playing it with a controller is hellishly slow. It's definitely made for a PC like Sentinel was.)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Here's why: It's not made for a single player experience. I only play single player games and if I do play multiplayer it's with someone I know. Otherwise you can forget it. If your game is not made to let me play by myself (even in an MMO environment I can play by myself) then I have little interest in it.

Shadow the Hedgehog:

I tried my hardest to enjoy this game. I mean, it stars Shadow the Hedgehog. I always thought that he was cool and edgy. But SEGA pissed all over the legacy Shadow could have had by giving him guns and vehicles.

Any COD game:

Here's Activision's words to the COD audience: "We'll keep shitting out the endless sequels as long as you keep buying them."

Deadpool:

Don't get me wrong. Deadpool is one of my favorite Marvel heroes, but his recent game seemed lousy. The gun mechanics felt awkward, Deadpool himself never shut up, and there really weren't that many memorable experiences from it.

The slenderman game, it sucked but everyone was talking about it.. I played Slender on my computer, it sucked. Then an app came out, I downloaded it, it still sucked. 

This.

It felt like everyone was talking about that game. I tried it and I gotta admit, it was a little bit fun the very first try. But after that is was boring as shit. The game was supposed to be super scary too, it wasn't even scary at all! Lame :V

• Brohoof 1

Battlefield. It's just... Too slow paced. I'm not gonna rail on about it, because I know plenty of people enjoy it, but I'm more a fan of the arcade style FPS such as CoD. (Rusher 4 lyfe)

But on the whole I don't game much.

Edited by Sky Chaser
  • Brohoof 1

I can only think of two

• LittleBigPlanet: Bought it played through a bit of it, and couldn't understand what people liked about it. It just felt like a generic platformer with creation elements thrown in. AKA: nothing special.
  • Dragon Age 2: Played it, actually beat it, about a couple hours through the game I realised that all I was doing slamming my thumb against one button while I run through the same generic button over and over again. UGGGGHHHH, so much disappointment from this game.

Final Fantasy 13.  Now don't get me wrong, I usually love the Final Fantasy series games.  13 introduced a new battle engine, and I wasn't too much of a fan of it.  I guess I got too much nostalgia for the old school turn based RPG, but that's just what I like!

Oh jeez, the hate I'm gonna get for this...

Only one comes to mind: the Zelda series. I tried playing various games (OoT, WW, the original, PH), and none of them clicked for me. I just couldn't understand what I was doing well enough to leave the first areas. And it's kinda hard to like a game when you can't even beat the tutorial...

They're probably good games, but they're not for me.