Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think aliens have visited Earth?

BronyPony

35 users have voted

1. 1. Have aliens visited Earth?

• Yes they have.
    • No they haven't

I was just watching the Arizona lights documentary, and people always say that the U.S. airforce hides the existence of aliens and they claimed that the lights were just flares for a test. Many stated that flares would not look like what was seen in the night sky of Arizona.

Do you think aliens have visited Earth? Or do you think it is people trying to get attention?

17117395_BG1.JPG

• Brohoof 1

It is likely that extraterrestrial life has been to earth, but only in simple forms like unicellular organisms. I don't think intelligent life would have visited our planet. Even if they did make it, they would either publicly present themselves out stay hidden. They wouldn't be stupid enough to put lights in the sky if they didn't want to be discovered.

Actually when I think about it, velcro is all the proof I need that we've been visited by aliens.

• Brohoof 2

I extremely seriously doubt intelligent life exists even within our half of the galaxy. Chances are remote but comparably better, in my opinion, for primitive extraterrestrials, such as microbes.

And Area 51 is simply a research field (also known as Groom Lake Air Force Base) where the USAF tests their latest toys.

Lockheed_Have_Blue.jpg

Lockheed Martin Codename HAVE-BLUE, 1977, which was developed into the F-117 Nighthawk, which wasn't made known to the public until 1981.

F-117_Nighthawk_Front.jpg

or Project OXCART, which was the predecessor of the SR-71 Blackbird.

A12radartesting.jpg

Oxcart A-12 (1961)

Lockheed_SR-71_Blackbird.jpg

Blackbird SR-71 (1966, not made public until 1971)

Sorry if it seems off topic. It's just bizarre to me how people speculate about an air force base.

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 1

I extremely seriously doubt intelligent life exists even within our half of the galaxy. Chances are remote but comparably better, in my opinion, for primitive extraterrestrials, such as microbes.

And Area 51 is simply a research field (also known as Groom Lake Air Force Base) where the USAF tests their latest toys.

img-1737934-1-Lockheed_Have_Blue.jpg

Lockheed Martin Codename HAVE-BLUE, 1977, which was developed into the F-117 Nighthawk, which wasn't made known to the public until 1981.

img-1737934-2-F-117_Nighthawk_Front.jpg

or Project OXCART, which was the predecessor of the SR-71 Blackbird.

img-1737934-3-A12radartesting.jpg

Oxcart A-12 (1961)

img-1737934-4-Lockheed_SR-71_Blackbird.j

Blackbird SR-71 (1966, not made public until 1971)

Sorry if it seems off topic. It's just bizarre to me how people speculate about an air force base.

From relatives from the military that worked at Area 51 I can confirm this. It was merely just a test zone, so to speak.

But, the question was merely about whether you think they have been here. :)

Now while i believe in life in the universe, i kind of need definite proof of alien life visiting us and other then some photos abd eyewitness reports and bad hoaxes i havnt got any proof, my thoughts is 96% of alien craft seen is our own whike the other could be something like weather we dont understand, thats ny thoughts on it i could be wrong

I do indeed believe that extraterrestrials have visited earth. I have two reasons for believing such: firstly, the seemingly endless amounts of circumstantial evidence regarding possibly extraterrestrial happenings, ranging anywhere from curious ancient artifacts to contemporary testimonies. Secondly, if the earth truly is 4.54 billion years old, surely a being from a different region of existence would have visited our planet at some point during that period. Taking into account that the universe is simply too large for us to be the only intelligent beings in existence, it seems likely that at least one, and more than likely more, extraterrestrial civilizations would have visited our planet at some point in time.

• Brohoof 1

What a coincidence I was watching a documentary about the Arizona lights too. On topic, yeah I think it's very possible for aliens to have visited us at some stage. In the documentary I watched there was an equation called the Drake equation and it calculated that there are 10,000 possible planets in our galaxy with the ability to communicate with us. So yeah I think we could have been visited already :).

Edited by NightOwl
  • Brohoof 1

I doubt intelligent forms of life have visited our planet. Maybe cellular stuff, but no killing aliens lol.

And UFO exist, since they are Unidentified Flying Objects, but they are probably not what we think they are. ;)

Do I believe aliens have visited Earth? Isn't that a complicated question.

Hypothetically, on an asteroid, some form of extraterrestrial microogranism could have survived somewhere. However, sapient, sentient creatures? No. The very idea of finding a planet like ours, or finding it particularly interesting, or reaching it from any other star system, or having any care in the world about its inhabitants is extremely slim.

In the sense of LGMs and stuff like that, consequently, no. I don't believe such things have ever, or likely ever will visit this planet.

Extraterrestrial life certainly exists, due to the sheer number of planets there are out there, even if only a tiny proportion can support life, it must have happened more than once.

However, due to the distances involved, being able to meet such lifeforms is unlikely. There is also no guarantee that such lifeforms would be sentient.

But assuming there are lifeforms that are sentient, and can get here...

They would be so advanced compared to us that they would have no reason to visit us. 

• Brohoof 2

The chances of intelligent life being created on a planet is astronomically small. Professor Andrew Watson came to the conclusion that only on an Earth-like planet there is a 0.01% chance of intelligent life emerging every 4 billion years. One would need 100,000 Earth-like planets (all other planets can be disregarded) to ensure a statistical surety of intelligent life. Even if there happened to be an Earth-like planet which happened to have intelligent life in our nearest star system (Alpha Centauri), this is 1.34 parsecs or over 4 light years away. These lifeforms would have had to develop FTL travel to reach Earth quickly. FTL travel is still theoretically impossible but perhaps they created a means of transportation close to light speed and took maybe 6 or 7 years to get to Earth. Any further away than Alpha Centauri and it is likely any lifeform which attempts to reach Earth would die before the journey is complete. The chances of all of this happening are so astronomically small as to be disregarded almost completely.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think so for any reason. Because if aliens are real they would never want to come here and check this place out. Earth is not the best plant anymore... well because of people anyway top of all that if they did come here they would have more then likely just killed us all off the face of the earth and taken over...

Certainly aliens, say extraterrestrial sentient human-like lifeforms do exist, if not in this, then in other universes, dimensions, realities and space-time continuums plus extensions, I'm quite sure about it, as part of my beliefs. If they, in fact, did visit Earth somewhere in the past or are right here in this moment somewhere on the planet, is another question. I have no guess.

I'm a science fiction fan and into conspiracy theories.

Most classic "alien abduction" stories are result of "sleep paralysis", a state when you're half-awake half-asleep eyes open but muscles paralyzed. Your mind tries to interprete things like people (humans, for us) and certain objects into shadows, light casts and objects inside the room. Those "Grey" aliens are just mind-created images of simplified humans, the bed becomes the obduction plate, dim light create the spaceships white sterile environment. 

According to conspiracy theories, UFOlogy and esotericism dozens of alien races have visited Earth by now, Anunnaki, Reptilians, Greys, Nordics, Sirians, Aldebarans, Formalhautans, Centauri, Pleiades, google it if you're interested. Many are part of the Star Nations organization, something like our UN in space and the "Galactic Confederation", an interstellar alliance formed 4 million years ago in defense against interdimensional invaders.

The Anunnaki from Nibiru, the 12th planet of our solar system (Pluto, the Moon and Sun are the lacking three), created humanity out of other races like the Reptilians and Greys in ancient Mesopotamia were they were worshipped as gods by the Sumereans. In another version, they manipulated evolution over millions of years.

The Sirius system (20 ly away from Earth) is home to a giant being of higher consciousness. The Anunnaki later wiped out human civilization by destroying Atlantis and Lemuria, so they helped the US government to do the 9/11 inside job because otherwise the Anunnaki would have had to stand trial before this higher consciousness.

Other alien races are flying to Earth all the time, just travelling here over hundreds of light years to fly around in the atmosphere or do experiments on some cattles.

By now Earth has a secret spacefleet entitled "Solar Warden", too. Moon, Mars and some gas giant moons have been terraformed in the future and the Solar Warden human and alien crews are space-time jumping to them.

Er... no, that's all crazy conspiracy nonsense, I wonder who believes this stuff? ^^

Now serious: There are ~200 billion stars in the Milky Way galaxy, with ~100-200 billion planets plus billions of large moon, of which around 500-1000 million can lie within habitable zones. If half of them lies there and every 100th is habitable (naturally habitable with native species, settled and/or terraformed) that would leave us 2.5 to 7.5 million habitable planets and moons. For an example, it could be any other number. Some scientists assume about 100 million planets and moons, which seems to fit in my eyes, if considering terraforming and astroengineering (move planets inside habitable zones, turn gas giants into protostars, take life to the planet, build a breathable atmosphere, shape continents and oceans, get enough water from other planets and asteroids, use orbital mirrors to heat it up or cool down, move moons to the planet and so on). Calculations of a billion celestial objects habitable are a bit to high in my opinion.

I have no guess how life can come into existence on other planets and how common sentient life is. I believe in evolution/intelligent design, as it is likely life and sentience evolve on a lot of planets if there are so many while I don't see a reason for so many habitats existing without inhabitants, I believe it's likely that quite a lot of sentient races exist. If you ask me about it, ~100-500 intelligent space-faring even a bit human-like alien species can have come into existence in the Milky Way galaxy.

To come here, they have to possess interstellar spacetravel technology.

Faster-than-light can be possible, by travelled to an extension of our dimension like a hypothetical "hyperspace" with different structure/natural laws/distances/plane of existence, creating rips in the fabric of space-time, warping space around a starship, manipulating a spacecrafts's mass/matter and it's nature and using something with "quantums".

Otherwise, by sublight travel a species could colonize it's entire home galayx in a matter of 10 million years.

I forgot to mention, if aliens haven't visited Earth yet, the "Fermi paradoxon" can be a serious question, about "If there are so many alien races, where are they?". I don't know, maybe there are no ones at all, no aliens in our stellar neighbarhood, they haven't found us, don't possess the technology or hide from us with reason? Maybe an anomaly in space/the galaxy? So many possibilities why they have not colonized life-supporting Earth long before humanity evolved/was created here. Or they have we're part alien ourselves?

The truth is somewhere out there or to quote the Sacred Scrolls of Pythia from Battlestar Galactica: "Life here began out there."

@BronyPony You should have made another option in the poll "I don't know" or "I believe yes or no", because, how can we be certain that they in fact have visited Earth or have not?

@Topic If to choose I'll say yes, it's just a bit more likely than visitors from other stars never walked on Earth.

Space Warrior

Edited by Space Warrior
  • Brohoof 3

While I do believe that some intelligent alien life exists somewhere in the universe, I don't believe that they visited Earth...yet. If aliens did visit, I'm pretty sure they would be keeping tabs on this planet and watching it. Maybe they did visit and are watching Earth right now even as we speak, studying its inhabitants. :o

Edited by SmartyPants

I believe that they have visited Earth. The Earth has been around for billions of years, humans have discovered many inventions, went to the Moon, Discovered electricity, and other accomplishments. If there were any aliens that have visited Earth, then they would have left some extraterrestrial messages to us. But, the evidence will be shown possibly on other planets.

• Brohoof 2

I have the book by Lynne Ketei, and although photos obviously wouldn't do it justice, there are a few interesting tidbits that are difficult to ignore.  While I currently can't be arsed to go digging through the book,  (Tornado in my room.)  there are some points that are easily remembered.

• The mayor of the town denied seeing it, but later admitted to it.  His secretaries were fighting amongst themselves to admit to seeing it as well.
  • The nearby air force base was bombarded with questions from Lynne about the incident.  She received responses anywhere from 'Uhh, ... let me ask the Colonel."   to  "They were a simple flare training run."  Even though the times didn't quite add up, and they were the only "flares" in the night sky, and the lights were referenced as being the exact flares they were referring to.  A later demonstration of the same pattern yielded horribly inaccurate results, as the flares' behaviors did not match the original lights' behaviors at all, essentially meaning the Air force shot themselves in the foot.  There's noooo waaaay a flare can behave like that.

Anyone can fake something, take pictures, make a claim for the fame, and provide false information to reporters and convince others to do so.  But you've gotta be nuts to be the Mayor and admit to something crazy, and I don't know what the air force was thinking, trying to reproduce a solid pattern of (slow!!) lights with flares.  Dumb, dumb, dumb.  But they did! 

• 1 year later...

I took a huge leap and chose no, holding back my finger from clicking yes and here's why:

Based on from what I've read about aliens and the occurrences related to them, they very well could be afraid of us, or they choose not to deal with us at all. I do think there is life beyond us, but I can't say what they are or what they're capable of. People love the mysterious, and it's good for creating stories for other people to indulge in when it's unclear as to if they really exist or not. It serves as entertainment until we can find solid evidence, but if the government wanted to protect us from the truth, they would make sure the word doesn't get out. That's just my opinion, even though there are some really good stories like an ancient spaceship chiseled on Egyptian walls from thousands of years ago.

(edited)

*intelligent No, and I don't think they ever will. That's not to say they don't exist, merely that our homes are too far away. And all we could ever do is look up into the same sky at the spec of light where the suns of our solar systems are and just wonder about the other.

Of course, this is liable to change. We don't actually know how common life is in the Universe, nor how common intelligent life is, thereby.

Interesting stuff:

http://waitbutwhy.com/2014/05/fermi-paradox.html

Edited by ARagY

For someone that doesn't believe in aliens, I'm going to say no. If there was intelligent life out there, they wouldn't keep popping up in the sky and flying away for the hell of it.

I see no reason to believe they have, but can't give a definitive answer that they haven't... Of course.

I believe in aliens and all that crazy stuff.

So, yes. I think that aleins have visisted earth.