Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Rarity's father a unicorn?

I used to be a stranger

Does it matter? The way I look at it and earth pony stallion and unicorn mare can bring about unicorn foals... and of course two unicorns can as well. Unless he takes off his hat we won't know for sure and it will be pure speculation.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

In the latest issue of the MLP comic, there is a panel that has Rarity conversing with her parents and another pony (uncle, maybe?).  Assuming the middle one of the group is Rarity's father, it looks like he is indeed a unicorn.

post-3181-0-65005100-1376608003_thumb.jpg

On a side note, Luna is awesome in this issue!

• Brohoof 5

Rarity's father is definitely a unicorn since, Rarity's mother and himself were able to have two female unicorns. So, I could be wrong but both of Rarity's parents in fact are unicorns.

• Brohoof 1

In the latest issue of the MLP comic, there is a panel that has Rarity conversing with her parents and another pony (uncle, maybe?).  Assuming the middle one of the group is Rarity's father, it looks like he is indeed a unicorn.

Big Mac is huge, what is he a giant? I actually want to read the comic all the way through, especially the Nightmare arc to see how the Mane Six handle the treat to the end and to see if Luna is able to face her darkness.

According to MLP Wiki, this is a page image from an official guidebook and seems to settle the discussion.  I agree it would be highly unlikely for them to have two unicorn daughters if Magnum was an earth pony.  Naturally, he is a unicorn in the comic too, as shown by Skybound. 

MLjoYd0l.jpg

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 2

I'd say unicorn, but we have no canon proof that it's so. The Cakes and Baby Cakes episode are always brought up as an example of the weirdness if pony genetics, but the episode was written Charlotte Fullerton, don't know her or what else she wrote, but it's just possible that the Cakas was simply a badly thought out idea.

The history of Equestria episode showed that each of the three types of pony stayed together, so I'm guessing two parents of type X would make a child of type X. Therefore, it's likely, though not definite, that Rarity's father is a unicorn.

(edited)

According to MLP Wiki, this is a page image from an official guidebook and seems to settle the discussion.  I agree it would be highly unlikely for them to have two unicorn daughters if Magnum was an earth pony.  Naturally, he is a unicorn in the comic too, as shown by Skybound. 

img-1753063-1-MLjoYd0l.jpg

Well that settles it. Thanks!

I was making a vector image of Rarity's dad, and was curious as to what was 'correct'.

Big Mac is huge, what is he a giant?

He's standing in the foreground.

Edited by Blue

Looks like it's settled as Unicorn. I would have assumed so anyway simply due to keeping it simple for the show. 2 unicorns having 2 unicorns is just easier.

hah! loved how Luna's shirt kept changing what it said in each panel, as well as the Pony tail she put her mane in :)

She really did have a good couple of pages there.

poor Big Mac though... :mellow:  She forced her cherry pie right into his face....  

Edited by GrimCW