Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Dashie (Movie)

MyLittleDriver

I cried reading it. Now i'm going to cry twice as much.

Well, that was apparently our 100th post... I don't know what to say at the moment besides thank you to all of you who have visited this 'lil thread and have left your own words of encouragement. Without all of your support we may have dropped this project a while ago, considering it can get pretty stressful at times.. We promise to give you an update soon, and once again thanks. :)
  • Brohoof 2

Hey everypony,

I'm totally new to this site, and so I'm kind of confused about how everything works here.

MyLittleDriver brought me onboard several months ago on this project. Since then I've helped him with art(you may have seen some of my quick doodles on out tumblr), filming the teaser, handling the casting, updating the twitter and currently, I'm helping MyLittleDriver with the screenplay. I hope to be more actively involved with the community for now on as we put our screenplay together. Seeya.

BTW Everypony, if you guys live near Pasadena, we're going to the SoCal Bronies meetup in the Huntington Library. Details are on the SoCal Bronies website. It should be listed as Bronies at the Canterlot Gardens (for this Saturday, August 4th!). We'll be passing around a few flyers and mingling and stuff.

See y'all there.

Could you please not add anything to the story? I've seen adaptations of books where they tried to add things and almost all of them did not turn out well. Just my thoughts, but I guess it's up to you.

We've found our Rainbow Dash: Alioopster27

Please check out some of her voice work on YouTube!

She isn't our only Rainbow Dash, as we all know that the story encompasses her entire life from being a filly to a full grown mare. We've had another actress for a while now, IsobeltheGreat, who will be voicing our filly Rainbow Dash(along with Fluttershy).

The only pony we still need a voice for is Pinkie Pie, but we won't need her for a while. If anyone's interested, send a message to either me or MyLittleDriver. It would be greatly appreciated.

Anyways... back to the script.

Edited by Dr Manehattan

Why does the voice actor have to be in La? And I could probably have done the voice if it wasnt for the fact I live in the UK.

Why does the voice actor have to be in La? And I could probably have done the voice if it wasnt for the fact I live in the UK.

Oh there's no requirements about voice actors.

We only need live actors from LA, because we don't have the budget to fly people from around the world here to act for us. If you'd like to audition for a voice, please feel free to audition for us(although we only really need a Pinkie Pie at this point tbh)

I don't know if this has been suggested but perhaps you can contact the voice actors from mlp fim to to the ponies. I have seen videos of people getting some of the voice actors to do some short clips here and there. Or something like getting a hold of the animators of the show to see if they could help or give some suggestions to animating the movie.

Like I said above I don't know if this has been thought of or tried and couldnt been done for some reason, just wanted to make sure it got suggested.

One more thing, I'm not trying to say that the people doing the voices for the movie are bad or that the animation will be bad, I'm sure that the actors he will choose will do great and that the animation will be superb.

• 1 month later...

There happens to be another version of MLD made in UK by youtuber JenoMorph.

Also to Driver: I don't know if anyone have said anything about this but I went a bit deeper into researching on live action animation development just to help these kind of projects and I happened to learn a good amount a helpful things from watching a behind the scenes video of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"

Video:

To make the effect of a animation carrying something just needed to be tied onto like a marionette with some transparent hanging wire to make the movements controlled like a puppet. This also worked in how they moved objects around and Also, I had the thought that since wires would help in making the illusion of animations holding things, by having a weighted object such as a basketball or something that makes it so when a animation sits down, would create a sagging effect like if the animation was actually sitting in the chair.

Also, to be honest, the very thought of dashie holding a apple in her hand like she's going to eat it blows my mind. However, this leads to my own little dilemma. While we could possibly move the objects to look like its being controlled by the animation, the only problem I have is one simple action. EATING. I have been on this problem for days now and still can't come up with a way to make it so that for example:

Dashie sees a apple in the fruit bowl, She grabs it while controlled by wires. Now while its in her hand the action of making it look like her biting down and actually eating the apple is my biggest problem. One thought I had that might be the only solution with this would be to have a simple machine with a arm and dentures or something to simulate the eating function but I agree with that you'd probably wouldn't go through with that with the fact that unless there is a robotics hobbyist brony in this place, its a shame that a full simulation of a simple act of dashie eating a apple seems impossible.

Well, while I could go ramble on more tips on helping with the live action animation aspect of the movie, I'll stop here for you to actually catch up and finish reading. :D

And again, thought to share this to all those who were working on these adaptations.

I would love to do Pinkie Pie, but sadly I don't think my parents would let me. Besides, I have a rotten microphone. So I'll have to satisfy myself with watching and MLD will probably be the first movie to make me cry.