Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Cadance's Apprentice [Adventure/SoL]

homelesssexuals

@Minty Wintergreen

Ember grinned as he returned his friend's hug, then nodded.  "Heh, yeah, the castle will probably be our best bet.  If nothing else we can always wait for her there, if we somehow beat her here...  Knowing her I seriously doubt that though..."  He chuckles quietly under his breath, turning to gesture towards the castle so that they could walk together.

@,

Minty nodded politely back. "Well, it's better knowing I remember somepony here. Nopony else would remember me, that's for sure. Sheesh, I thought you'd forget me!" Minty said nervously. She remembered the times when all of them were together as friends until they suddenly disbanded to go back to their own lives. Somehow, she felt that she could talk to Ember about anything back then, yet now, she felt that he was so.. distant.

"Flare was sitting atop a building and jumped down. "I'll be surprised if any of them even remember me...probably not though" Flare said as he walked around town bored out of his mind since he has not done anything of use or heard anything important yet

@

Ember laughed as he started to make his way to the castle alongside Minty.  "Forget you!?  How in Equestria could I ever forget one of my best friends?  I did mean to visit everyone before now, I just...  Well, you know, I got so caught up in working on a new firework...  Everything else kinda slipped my mind until Epic Rainbow called me."  The stallion blushes a little at that, and he turns his head hoping that she wouldn't notice.  "It's going to be great seeing everypony again, though...  And that includes you!  Really, I haven't been so happy to see a familiar face in a long time."

Cadence replied, "You'll see when the time comes. Now, you should go look for that Crystal Heart." Epic nodded and said, "Thanks, Cadance." She trotted away to think of where they should look. "If I was Cadence, where would I hide the Crystal Heart? Where do you think it might be, Renegade?"

(Sorry if I wasn't on. I was waiting for your responsr.)

"Hmmm...I think It'd have to be somewhere secure. Something like a tower." Renegade responded matter-of-factly. "If not there, maybe it'd be in some sort of bunker." Renegade then saw a tall shape in the distance. "Well, whaddya know. A tower."

@,

Minty smiled. "Oh, uh, look! We're.. uh, here!" Minty said, a little lost for words. "Again, I'm not too sure the Princess and Epic Rainbow are even here. Don't blame me if I'm wrong," Minty's cheeks reddened.

(( OOC: Haha, I'm watching the Crystal Empire episode right now. :3 Hehe. ))

Edited by Minty Wintergreen

@

Ember chuckled and shook his head.  "Why would I blame you for something like that?  It makes sense, really.  If you're looking for a princess or her student, the first place to try should be the castle..."  He smiled nervously at the guards as they made their way into the entrance of the castle, then glanced around.  "Wow, this place is huge!  Umm...  Even if Epic Rainbow is here, how are we supposed to find her?  I don't think they would appreciate me setting off another firework, especially inside..."  He looked to Minty and grinned, wondering what they should do from here.

Edited by EmberSparx

@,

Minty shrugged and laughed nervously. "Well, I did actually go out for some food until I actually saw you. Want to come..? You could just wait here if you want, I'm fine by going by myself. I'd totally understand if you want to see Princess Cadance and Epic Rainbow."

@

Ember smiled as he looked at Minty, then glanced around the castle again.  "Sure, I'll go with you...  Just one second."  He drops his saddle bags to dig through them before finding a blank piece of paper and a container of ink.  "I know I had a quill in here somewhere...  Ah, you know what, that doesn't matter."  

Carefully dipping the tip of his tail in the ink, he slowly uses it as a makeshift quill.  The writing is terribly sloppy considering what he's using as a tool, but he manages to write legibly the words FOOD, EMBER, and MINTY.  "There!  We can leave this nearby, and if Epic Rainbow is here, she should find it if she leaves the castle!  I'm sure we'll see her before we know it."  He gives Minty his best smile, trying to hold his tail up so that he won't drip any leftover ink on the floor.

Edited by EmberSparx

@,

Minty blushed, focusing on only the words: "Ember and Minty. She quickly shook it off, though. "Good idea, Ember! She might look for us. It's been so long since we've seen Epic Rainbow, huh? Ah, those were the days. Anyway, what did she want us to be here anyway? I would like to have a crystal coat while I'm here.."

@

Trying to smear the black ink onto his coat where it wouldn't be visible, Ember gave a small shrug.  He picks up his saddlebags again as he speaks, tucking the crude note near the corner of the castle's door.  "I think she said something about the Princess giving her some kind of test.  I don't know the details, but you know Epic Rainbow, there's no way she'll fail.  I'm just glad she invited all of us to come get together again!"  He holds the door open politely for Minty with a smile, tilting his head just a little.  "Don't suppose you had anywhere in mind for breakfast?  It's a little tough finding good maps of the Crystal Empire, I have no idea where we're going."

@,

Minty laughed. "Epic Rainbow has always been smart.. It's no wonder she's Cadance's assistant." Minty smiled as Ember held the door open for her, then trotted inside. She trotted over to a table nearby the window. "Do you want me to order..? Or do you...? It's okay whichever way."

@

Ember gave a nervous smile as he glanced back out the door before looking at Minty.  "Go ahead and order for me, if you would?  I need to take care of something really quick, I'll just be a moment.  I promise, I'll be right back!"  Without waiting for an answer, he ducks back outside to glance up and down the street.  With something catching his eye he starts to trot down towards a different building, hesitating outside the window next to the table Minty had picked.  Even though his voice is muffled through the glass he says again for emphasis "I'll be -right- back!"

Edited by EmberSparx

After a short period of walking, Glacier was at the front gate to the castle. 'I'm not going in alone.I highly doubt that guards around her would appreciate somepony like me walking around un-supervised.'  she thought. She loitered at the entrance for until a rumble in her belly gave her a new goal - finding food.

From the corner of her eye, Glacier spotted a note in the door. She pulled it out and read it. 'Wow.'   she thought. ' This ponies hoofwriting is really bad. I can only decode a few words. It's seems that for food I need to find "Ember and Minty". Time to go hunting.'

Quickened by her feeling of hunger, Glacier checked several nearby cafés and resteraunt in search of any ponies that fit the names she had. After several failed attempts, she finally found a pony that seemed to fit.

@

She walked quietly over to the green pegasus and asked, "Are you Minty? I heard that you and somepony else called Ember has food."

(OOC: Just so you know, I live in England so it's possible that I won't be posting at the same time as others.)

Edited by Sir. Loin

Aura Shine left the hotel and looked up and saw Flare. "Hey Flare...remember me" Aura Shine said as she teleported next to him and saw he was tired. "Did you get any sleep last night...you look very sleepy" Aura Shine said as she tried to not look down since she is afraid of hights

Epic looked at the tower. "You may be right," she said. "It's probably in the tower. Let's go check it out." She flew towards the tower with Renegade at her side. When they got to the tower, they felt a bit of a warm feeling inside. "It's probably here," she said. "I can feel its warmth. Can you?"

@, @,

(( OOC: Sorry; fell asleep in the middle of posting! ))

"Um, okay.." Minty said unsurely, then had a hurt expression when she saw that Ember scrambled away as fast as he could. "Probably wanted to get away from me.... No matter, he likes somepony else."

Minty looked to see a mare was talking to her. "Oh, hello! I don't have food, you see, I'm going to get some. I was waiting for my friends," Minty said.

"Yeah." Renegade replied. "Wait...if this entire place is ice and snow, how the hell can anything be warm? I mean COME ON! That makes no sense whatsoever!" Renegade grumbled. Renegade facehoofed and thought, Sometimes I feel like the only SANE one in this crapsack monarchy of a world.

Epic giggled. "Renegade," she said. "Even though the Crystal Empire is in the Frozen North of Equestria, it's really warm because of the protection of the Crystal Heart. Speaking of the Crystal Heart, we gotta go find it." With that, she entered the building.

Renegade followed his girlfriend into the building, sighing. Ever since he met the mare, something crazy always seemed to happen. He loved her to death, but geez, did she ALWAYS have to do something that could get her hurt...or worse? Renegade didn't want to think about. "Hmmmm...if I was a Crystal Heart, where would I be?"

"Well," she said, laughing "If I was the Crystal Heart, I might be disguised as a regular crystal. Haha." Then she widened her eyes and stared indifferently into space, shocked at the theory she just made. She shook her head, and exclaimed, "That's it! It's disguised as a normal crystal! Come on, we gotta check every crystal in this tower. Use your magic to check if it's actually the Crystal Heart." She galloped around the room examining every crystal in there.

@,@,  

Ember made his side trip as quick as possible, soon trotting back to the cafe with a new bag slung over his back.  Oh, I hope she likes this...  What if it doesn't fit right?  What if I got the wrong color?  He makes his way back inside the cafe to see another pony talking with Minty.  "Oh...  Umm, hello!"  He trots over towards the table, setting the new bag down and sliding it over to Minty.  "I'm sorry about that...  You mentioned wanting a crystal coat, so I had thought maybe this would make up for me not staying in touch..."  He gives her a nervous smile, a hint of blush on his cheeks.

Edited by EmberSparx

Renegade's horn lit up, trying to sense the Crystal Heart's magic. "Ooh, pretty!" he said, eying a purple crystal. After getting back on track, Renegade's horn began to spark. "Hey, Epic, I think I found something!" Renegade called. Renegade thought about the purple crystal. Yes, it's perfect, he thought. (You'll see what I'm talking about in my next post.)

(Okay...) Epic ran over to Renegade, almost knocking into him. "Oh, sorry," she said. "What did you find? Lemme see!" She looked at his sparking horn. "What did you find," she repeated. "Where is it?! Come on, hurry up!" She was getting impatient. She finally saw Renegade levitating an especially sparkly crystal. "Could it be," she gasped. "The Crystal Heart! Oh, Renegade, you're the best! I love you!" She threw her arms around Renegade, hugging him tenderly. She was in a particularly loving mood. She them kissed her boyfriend, on the mouth. The crystal then began glowing brightly and with a huge burst of light, it transformed into the Crystal Heart. It flew out the open window by itself and landed in its displayed place right underneath the palace in the center of the Crystal Empire. They were moving with it...all by themselves. They were still kissing, though. Cadance sensed what was happening and teleported herself to where Epic and Renegade were headed. When they landed right next to the Crystal Heart, they stopped kissing and turned their heads to see Cadence. "You did it," she said. "Now for your reward, as I promised." The princess's horn started glowing in her magical aura, and Epic Rainbow was lifted by the magic. In a huge burst of light, Epic Rainbow appeared in the sky and slowly landed looking like this:princess_epic_rainbow_by_rainbowdash2701"Wait," said Epic. "This is my reward? A horn? AWESOME!" Princess Cadance replied, "Not just a horn, Princess. You've shown that you are serious about love. You are now a princess of love, like me." The older princess bowed to the newly-transformed princess, as did Renegade.