Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What don't you want to see in season 4 or any season?

pinkiefan1287

Well there are a few things I don't want to see in season 4...

• Personality changes - As I have seen all the writer struggle to write for particular characters, and I think that some characters will struggle to write for Princess Twilight, as Tara said her personality should not change as she is the same pony. I would not want to see an episode her she turns into a snob for example.
  • Bad episodes again.. - Personally I think that 'Maredowell' was an awful episode, I do not want more episodes like that thanks you very much...
  • Rumors... - I have heard that Sweetie bell may get her cutie mark first, I think this will be a bad idea and that they should all get there cutie mark round about the same time! (Maybe in the last of season 4 or 5, then they can save ponyville with all their new cutie mark powers, just an idea...)

So these are the things I do not want to occur in season 4...

1. Trixie coming back again. Doesn't need to happen. The magic was gone the second time, so to speak; it just felt like blatant fan service. Having her on a third time would make the problem worse.

2. No more squees or Fluttertree jokes!

3. No more episodes where there's more singing than real dialogue.

4. Any other episodes where the writers use Spike, Diamond Tiara or Silver Spoon as a punching bag. Or mean-spirited stuff (Meriweather, we're looking at you :okiedokielokie: ). It's not that kind of cartoon.

5. Twilight being singled out as special from the Mane 6, although that kind of happened already. I think they should all be equally special ponies, and you can't look me in the eye and tell me that's still the case when one of them is an alicorn princess--it just doesn't work. So I'll just say, no more princesses ever again. 

6. A deus ex machina. You know, like Twi waking up and finding the transformation was all a dream. That would bother me almost as much as the change itself. It's bad writing and it would negate the one excuse/rumor they had going for them, which was that Hasbro insisted on it. (I wouldn't complain about it as much as if these other things happened, probably, but it's still a bad idea.)

7. Shipping any of the Mane 6. Please, don't do it! The fandom has it covered!  :lol:

5. Lesbian Characters- I just don't see the point in making characters lesbians in a kids cartoon. For one, what would be the point of doing that? What kinda of lesson can we get out of it? And what would or could they show doing in a show that is TV-Y anyway? I know the lesson would be to show that girls can like girls to, but it seems like they are candy coating it by doing it with ponies, instead of humans. I just don't think the message would get across well to younger viewers of the show.  The other thing is I don't think they would be able to get away with it.

I disagree with this one. While I don't think the show needs to portray 'lesbian' ponies exactly, I don't think it would do devastating damage either. It's 2013, not 1997. People don't get away with that "ERMAGHERD GEYZ" stuff like they used to. There is no valid reason why heterosexual relationships can be portrayed in a TV-Y show and homosexual ones can't. That implies that they're somehow dirtier and their presentation will corrupt kids in some way, which is false. If you want me to be really blunt about it...

Yeah, maybe it would freak out conservative families that still spread anti-gay views, but that's the thing. We can't afford to coddle these people anymore. At some point they have to realize that society is leaving them behind, and they can't buy it back. Showing these relationships on equal ground in a kids show will be a big step in that direction. It doesn't have to be MLP necessarily, but it should happen.

To clarify: they don't have to scream "hey, here's two male/female characters who love each other and THAT'S OKAY!" As far as I'm concerned, they could just show two of them together in a romantic context, in passing, and that would be enough. It's a cartoon show, it shouldn't broadcast a position and try to change the world. That would be offensive.

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

Characters that do nothing and have no personality like Scootaloo who in 3 seasons we have to be specifically told isn't an orphan.

Ok, this is old as hell, and I really shouldn't be responding to this, but I must ask, how the hell does Scootaloo have no personality?  She adores Rainbow, HATES girly things (Though seems to have warmed up to it by Hearts and Hooves Day), wants her cutie mark, wants somepony like Rainbow to look up to and be her big sister, and (was) scared of disappointing her, to the point of it being self destructive.  I know you probably have changed your viewpoint by now, but I seriously want to know how she has no personality.  

• Brohoof 1

Ok, this is old as hell, and I really shouldn't be responding to this, but I must ask, how the hell does Scootaloo have no personality?  She adores Rainbow, HATES girly things (Though seems to have warmed up to it by Hearts and Hooves Day), wants her cutie mark, wants somepony like Rainbow to look up to and be her big sister, and (was) scared of disappointing her, to the point of it being self destructive.  I know you probably have changed your viewpoint by now, but I seriously want to know how she has no personality.  

Well I think scoots has a personality,

but i'll take a crack at this one.

He might have meant that scoots feels to croonie ish.  She's there to be rain bow dashes fan.

I think of her as one of the cmc.  You know cause that's how she got introduced.  I mean she was a non cmc member for less than what 5 mins?

is scoots more than just a cmc member and rainbow dashes fan?   You can hurt alot character by sheering off two qualities.

I think some fans just like to cherry pick.  Scoots works fine as she is. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well I think scoots has a personality,

but i'll take a crack at this one.

He might have meant that scoots feels to croonie ish.  She's there to be rain bow dashes fan.

I think of her as one of the cmc.  You know cause that's how she got introduced.  I mean she was a non cmc member for less than what 5 mins?

is scoots more than just a cmc member and rainbow dashes fan?   You can hurt alot character by sheering off two qualities.

I think some fans just like to cherry pick.  Scoots works fine as she is. 

Sorry for the late reply

But, what happens when you take away Fluttershy's shyness and love of animals?  What happens when you take away Pinkie's craziness and wanting to make others smile?

Pretty much any character could be seriously hurt by taking away two traits.  Besides, Scootaloo would still be the tough one who hates girly things (Even if, again, her character HAS developed so she doesn't have as much of a problem anymore).

And while this does kinda tie in with her love of Dash and her obsession with cutie marks, it is still a personality trait that would likely still be there: Scootaloo has a very hard time accepting herself.  She can't accept her special talent, as obvious as it is, she tried to hide her true self from Rainbow Dash, and in Flight to the Finish, she couldn't accept she couldn't fly.  Yes, I realize that comment was made before that episode, but the point still stands without it, that this trait pretty much applies to her as a whole.