Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[Poll] New OC, need help narrowing down names.

Zygen

26 users have voted

1. 1. Which name for my OC do you prefer?

• Adabelle/Bella/Belle
    • Melody

Ok, so i made a thread a bit ago asking for name suggestions for my new OC.

Well, i narrowed it down to 2 different names, but i can't pick between the two, I like them both frankly in different ways.

So thats where you the wonderful forumies(Best word) come in :D.

Just atleast cast a vote for which you prefer, even if you don't like either just vote on your favorite.

Her talent is infact related to music, exactly what i haven't decided, but yeah. 

I dunno how much help any of that will be but still.

Oh and for reference sake and maybe something in you will click i'll post some art of my new OC together with my ponysona(Because they're going to be a couple, so i plan on gathering some cute OC couple/shipping art, possibly making my own if i get good enough.)

post-7861-0-82799000-1377924401_thumb.jpg

This one is by a friend of mine @Dsanders, who is quite a pretty good artist i think, and a good friend, so he drew this for me! Better then what i can do.

post-7861-0-11250100-1377924463_thumb.png

This is another piece which is in full color by another friend of mine Blue moon (or  right now)

Both are great pieces! And much better then the plain pony creator image, hopefully this will play some part in helping you help me decide :P.

Heres the pony creator image if you really want it.

post-7861-0-82611100-1377924616_thumb.png

Thanks in advanced! Hopefully i can get decided on a name! I'm gonna leave it up to y'all and try not to change my mind or anything. So we'll see where the poll goes!

I dunno when i'll stop it, maybe a few days or a week, depends on how it goes.

Thanks in advanced again to everyone whos helped!

• Brohoof 5

I'd go with melody.

It seems like a charming and adorable name that really fits her completely.

Second runner up would be bella because it sounds cute.

Melody is a nice name, i like both names, which is why i couldn't pick on my own :P.

Plus it is a fitting name.

But Adabelle is a pretty name to.

Mostly why i'm leaving it to the poll :P.

I'd go with Adabelle.

It's really cute, pretty, and original. There are a lot of Melody's in this fandom. But that's just what I think.

Yeah thats true, Melody is a much more common name. And they're both pretty cute names.

I like Adabelle for some reason, she kind of looks like an Adabelle. :yay:

In the end go with what you want I guess, but seriously, Adabelle is kind of a cool name in my opinion. :)

I like both names, but Adabelle is a cute name, i'd probably refer to her as Belle in most cases, but Adabelle would be her full name.

I like both, but i'm at the moment slightly leaning towards Adabelle, just like the poll is at the moment.

I'll give it a few days, just to give me and the poll time to decide things.

But the poll helps me, aswell as the comments on why you'd choose one over the other.

I know its a long process just for picking a name, but i'm kinda picky with names i guess. :P. Atleast when i'm creating an OC i guess. :P.

Thanks to everyone for their help, both here and in my other threads!

• Brohoof 2

I'm going to say Melody would be a better pick overall if you plan on using it for any RP purpose where they would be interacting with Canon characters, simply due to the fact that otherwise the name is too similar to Sweetie Belle. Though, I'm a big fan of the Adabelle, it just sounds so delicate and adorable. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm going to say Melody would be a better pick overall if you plan on using it for any RP purpose where they would be interacting with Canon characters, simply due to the fact that otherwise the name is too similar to Sweetie Belle. Though, I'm a big fan of the Adabelle, it just sounds so delicate and adorable. 

Well, you have a point.

However i really don't RP, and i try not to have much interaction between my OC and the cannon characters in relations. 

And the mare is also older then sweetiebelle.

I suppose you have a point though, but seeing as i don't roleplay much, well actually at all, then it won't bother me.

If i really needed to i could always use the full name of Adabelle. 

And yeah its a very nice name. :).

• Brohoof 1

Well, you have a point.

However i really don't RP, and i try not to have much interaction between my OC and the cannon characters in relations. 

And the mare is also older then sweetiebelle.

I suppose you have a point though, but seeing as i don't roleplay much, well actually at all, then it won't bother me.

If i really needed to i could always use the full name of Adabelle. 

And yeah its a very nice name. :).

Yeah, if your using it for just your own amusement then you should be fine, as long as you don't name her something like Adabelle Bella Bellington it's all good. Oh yeah, I was going to ask if you were going to put any Adjectives in there as a part of her name also.

• Brohoof 2

I was so tempted to go with the name, "Melody", since that's one of my favorite names of all time. But, the name, "Bella" really fits your OC, if you ask me. 

I'm not sure why either, your character just looks like a "Bella".

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, if your using it for just your own amusement then you should be fine, as long as you don't name her something like Adabelle Bella Bellington it's all good. Oh yeah, I was going to ask if you were going to put any Adjectives in there as a part of her name also.

Yeah.

And no i'm not giving her that type of name xD. I dunno if i'll even give her a middle or last name.(Well being shipped with my ponysona it would have whatever my ponysonas last name would be, which well i haven't made yet either lol.) 

And no, i don't really plan on putting any adjectives, i just have a typical liking for more humanized pony names, idk not that the more pony like names are bad, i just prefer the more humanish ones.

I was so tempted to go with the name, "Melody", since that's one of my favorite names of all time. But, the name, "Bella" really fits your OC, if you ask me. 

I'm not sure why either, your character just looks like a "Bella".

Yeah, both are great names, but i have to agree that i get this little feeling she doens't quite look like a melody.

• Brohoof 3

I think the name melody fits your new OC pretty well. It fits her cutie mark and it pairs her with your ponysona pretty well too. Kind of nice if you intend to ship the two of them. Plus I just kind of like the name...

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

I think Melody would go nicely with her. It sounds much cuter and it fits the fact she has a treble cleft as her cutie mark.

True both are nice names to me, and melody suits her well.

However I think melody is also used alot more, and i don't know if i wanna use a super common name or anything.

Melody is nice and all, but much too common. I've seen a lot of characters named Melody.

Maybe Adabelle Melody? So that you can use both at the same time. 

Yeah my main concern with the name really.

I don't really wanna have a two word name, just not fancy it. And i'd still have to pick a first. And i just want a 1 word name mostly.

But thanks.

I think the name melody fits your new OC pretty well. It fits her cutie mark and it pairs her with your ponysona pretty well too. Kind of nice if you intend to ship the two of them. Plus I just kind of like the name...

Yeah its a nice name, and fits her cutie mark well.

I'm assuming by "pairs with my ponysona well" you mean the two names flow together. 

And yeah i intend to ship the two of them, not that I RP much, but still. 

Heck i've technically already shipped them, seeing as i have art of them together already, and intend to try and get more, aswell as getting skilled enough to make more.

• Brohoof 1

Ok so heres the delima right now, i'm starting to feel preference towards Adabelle, i dunno something about it is starting to make me prefer it.

However i do like both names, and Melody is ahead by 5 votes... So....

i'm a bit unsure what to decide.

I want to decide tonight or tomorrow, so if anyone hasn't voted please do or comment or do whatever that'll help me decide!

I'm not totally sure if i'll even be picking the poll winner, but it helps me get some form of an opinion on which i prefer.

Wish me luck in my indecisive nature.. :/.

• Brohoof 1