Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ponyfication, a new genre of art?

Rethajni

Hi everypony! Wish you an excelent day!

Since we start watchin our loving MLP show we start doing wonderful jobs related our favourite characters!

With so many art works we made (all of them awesome and perfect) i was wondering this

Dadaism exist

Surrealism exist

Postmodernism exist

Ponyfication should be accepted as a new kind of art for the rest of the artists?

You thing that is already accepted or its just a pleasure destined for us bronies

We are taking all the media (videos, music, games , drawing, writing, and even mature themes) for expresing our eternal love to this cute ponies, don't you think that we already reach a point for the rest of the people consider us the new artists of a brand new kind of Art? I mean, if we are making art, they can be compared with the rest of the artistic works that don't belong to the brony culture

Thank for your answer!

I'd say it's more of a meme than an artstyle. Like turning people/characters/places into a Sonic character or a furry character (though Sonic art is a subgenre of furry art) or somesuch.

• Brohoof 1

I would also say no, as an artist, because, though I would like to see that happen, those other art styles you mentioned relate to how you create a piece of art rather than what you put in it : i.e. you could create any picture you want (even pony pics) in a surrealist style, but for a "ponyfacation" artwork to be feasible it would have to be in the style of the show itself... and I think that is already an art form... it's called a cartoon... lol. But I love pony media art! (Putting ponies in other shows and pictures (mainly for a cheap laugh)) But I would have to agree with Discordian, that would be more of a meme.

I'd say it's more of a meme than an artstyle. Like turning people/characters/places into a Sonic character or a furry character (though Sonic art is a subgenre of furry art) or somesuch.

poster_zps14d7fe2b.png

I made if myself using sfm :D

Like Discordian said, its more of meme. And no i think ponyfication isnt a art in my opiniom

~Sprakle

I think it's more of a hobby where an artist enjoys making pony art so, it's more of a lifestyle to the artist. The artists must enjoy making the new genre of art popular.

Its just kinda something to base your drawing off of or whatever art form off of.

But at the same time i wouldn't flat out consider it a genre in itself. 

I don't know if i'd want it to be considered a genre, its just something fun to do with art i guess, or base things off.

People change stuff to be somewhat like other stuff all the time, so i dunno if ponyfication is in itself enough to be a genre.

New art style, maybe. Just like how Sonic, Tiny Toons, Lion King, and Pokemon are all alternative art styles.

But I don't think ponfication in it self is a new art form....it's just a stylized variant of something else.

like turning some actor into a pony, or turning a Sonic Character into a pony...it's just an alternative art style.

Edited by Flutter Dash

• 7 years later...