Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Xbox One release date announced

Forlong

The Xbox One is coming out on November 22nd.  For all three people that want it.

Launch library looks...sad...

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Battlefield 4

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Crimson Dragon

Dead Rising 3

FIFA '13

Really, Microsoft?  This better be a misunderstanding...that you clear up immediately.  Than again, with the Xbone doomed to failure, it would be kind of them to speed it along with something this stupid.

Interestingly enough, this is a whole week after the launch of the PS4. If that really is the launch line-up, minus Killer Instinct, then that is pretty sad. Nothing that takes advantage of that idiotic Kinect either, which that is the sole reason for that rediculous $500 price tag. If I can afford by the time it comes out, which I highly doubt, my money is one the PS4 at this point. MS has a lot of catching up to do. Which is a shame, I like the way they have handled certain things in the past.

What's funny is that Pokemon X and Y will come out waaaaaay before the Xbox one even releases...(Oct 12) Nintendo knows what they are doing XD

But yeah, I bet more copies of X and Y will sell then the Xbox One console even will on release day...

But I digress, It would take a miracle to pull the Xbox One out of the gutter

The release date for the Xbox One might probably be Microsoft's downfall because, when you release a product late some people might have a chance to buy it while others would not buy it if the price is expensive. My money is still going to the PS4 if Microsoft can not catch up this time.

But yeah, I bet more copies of X and Y will sell then the Xbox One console even will on release day...

But I digress, It would take a miracle to pull the Xbox One out of the gutter

Well, yeah, Pokemon is one of the best selling video game franchises of all time; second only, in fact, to Mario. Not to mention the games being far cheaper than a console, and the considerable disappointment many have had with the One.

• Brohoof 1

ehhhhh, I'd personally rather put my funds in elsewhere like the Mighty No. 9 or anything else other than the Xbox One.  It really isn't worth having at the moment for me as I'm going to be set with the PS4 and Wii U for next gen consoles.

• Brohoof 1

Meh, I plan on getting the Xbone   Xbox One next year. This year I'm getting a PC instead of anything else.

I lost interest in Nintendo, so I don't even plan on picking up any of those games. 

Honestly there isn't a big deal with either of Sony or Microsoft's choice of release date.

Both Microsoft and Sony understand that the majority of there sales will be made during the Holiday shopping season which is usually Mid November-Week before Christmas. I don't think either Console will 'win' the console war this year; honestly there is nothing to get excited about game wise.

Also with the game market slowly moving towards mobile platforms and creativity for new games becoming stagnant. I actually wouldn't be surprised if both consoles don't do as well as expected.

Honestly there isn't a big deal with either of Sony or Microsoft's choice of release date.

Both Microsoft and Sony understand that the majority of there sales will be made during the Holiday shopping season which is usually Mid November-Week before Christmas. I don't think either Console will 'win' the console war this year; honestly there is nothing to get excited about game wise.

Also with the game market slowly moving towards mobile platforms and creativity for new games becoming stagnant. I actually wouldn't be surprised if both consoles don't do as well as expected.

You make one particularly excellent point: I don't wanna be anywhere near Walmart or Gamestop this holiday season. It's gonna be a war zone.

Unless I can get a job REAL soon I don't think I'll be getting my Wii-U until after Christmas.

I pray that day doesn't come so soon as mobile gaming is a joke in comparison to actual handheld systems like 3DS or even Vita.  At least for me it is.  Mobile gaming does have its place and some of them are pretty well designed like Sonic Dash which I spend like minutes playing when I don't have my 3DS with me.  Other than that, mobile gaming isn't a great thing right now. :\

:comeatus:

I pray that day doesn't come so soon as mobile gaming is a joke in comparison to actual handheld systems like 3DS or even Vita.  At least for me it is.  Mobile gaming does have its place and some of them are pretty well designed like Sonic Dash which I spend like minutes playing when I don't have my 3DS with me.  Other than that, mobile gaming isn't a great thing right now. :\

:comeatus:

The 3DS and Vita are mobile gaming platforms. I know the term is becoming ever more associated with smartphones and tablets, but along with the explosive growth those products have seen, the dedicated gaming platforms have also seen a large sales increase in the past couple years; home console sales aren't declining as far as I know, but they have become rather stagnant as of late.

I wouldn't say the launch titles aren't that bad, especially in comparison to Nintendo's for the 3DS and Wii U. Not going to get either on launch but will probably get a PS4 first if Microsoft haven't reduced the price of them by the time I decide, not like there is any rush either though. Console cycle will probably last for about a decade :P