King Sejong

76 users have voted

1. 1. How does it feel to be a brony?

• Proud
    • Glad
    • It's okay
    • I don't know

I personally feel really proud.

As a little kid I had lots of ponies from generation 2, I even had the comics from the 1986.
Is wonderful to see the show come back to life and enjoy it now that I have grown, what is even more wonderful is to find so many people who enjoy the show just as much.

Perhaps for me, as a girl, is a lot easier to admit I love MLP altought I have had situations where people who didn't know me very well were perplexed about it.

But I find very important to be true to yourself, to admit freely what you like or what you don't like in front of other people and to never be ashamed about who you are.

Edited by Aisling Ink

I'm am definitely happroud to be a brony. The fandom has drawn so much talent, we have writers, musicians, artists and so much more. Before I was a brony I joked about watching MLP so I could be better at drawing laugh.png . Overall I truly enjoy it because it isn't just a fandom, but also a community. I admit I'm half closet brony (my family doesn't know, but I will gladly wear my Fluttershy hat anywhere else in public), but at the same time I am not embarrassed about it. Bronies are human too, but at the same time we are generally more friendly and accepting (at least within the community). It is fun to see how people (like me) who generally avoid social interaction and don't make many friends change when among other bronies. I'm part happy, part proud, so as Pinkie Pie would say: I'm happroud.

I can't really explain it,
I haven't got the words
It's a feeling that you can't control
I suppose it's like forgetting, losing who you are
And at the same time something makes you whole
It's like that there's a music playing in your ear
And I'm listening, and I'm listening and then I disappear

And then I feel a change
Like a fire deep inside
Something bursting me wide open impossible to hide
And suddenly I'm flying, flying like a bird
Like electricity, electricity
Sparks inside of me
And I'm free I'm free

Lyrics from the Billie Elliots main song Electricity was my first thought but in more detail it's a big step forward in understanding who I am by feeling so comfortable as a brony. First watching the show back in April of this year is something I certainly don't regret.

• Brohoof 1

Man well it feels like this.

Its like you die and went to heaven and was told "Oh sorry! its not you're time just yet soooo here is this and go back to earth and have some fun!". so they send you back to earth with MLP a little piece of heaven..

So in other words its the best feeling in the world...

I am happy and amazed by the feedback and outpouring of comments and paragraphs, at first I was unsure if I should join the herd, or if I made the right decision in joining, After the plethora of positive feedback, I can now say that becoming a brony was right, you bronies truly are remarkable, even if you don't admit to it, you all have made me feel more welcome than any other fandom I have ever been involved in. After I completed my military service, I had nothing to be apart of, no one to speak to, I couldn't just talk to anyone, they wouldn't understand my experiences, yet somehow I can communicate with bronies, as well I as I can talk to veterans, so bronies have my deepest respect. From pride to happy, the main thing is My Little Pony has started a dialogue among fans of every walk of live, of many denominations, and across national barriers, to discuss more than just ponies, but culture, philosophy or just casual conversation, no matter what persuasion, we can be as happy as Pinkie Pie or rightly proud as Rainbow Dash, or any other character's trait you can personify, one thing is certain, here is the place we write, share ideas, imaginations and inspire others through positive reinforcement, I thank you bronies, I am glad to be a brony and I hope to meet more bronies or pegasisters in the future. 

• Brohoof 1

Considering it's the first fandom that I've ever joined, and the first group of people that has accepted me for who I am, I'm elated to be a brony. I was struggling with depression but this show changed it. Without this show, I don't even want to think about where my life would be right now. This community is one of the best group of people in society. We don't judge. Most of us love and tolerate. It's a place where people can feel at home and at peace. 

I don't think I've ever been happier.

Edited by Vaddix

I guess "glad" since I'm not sure it's really something to be proud of per se. It's not like really liking something or having an opinion is such an achievement.

Since I always was and will be sucker for cute stuff, watching the show just makes me happy. And when there is something blue and rainbowy (Yes, that's a word now) it's even better.

But I think the strength of MLP is really in the community and all the amazing art, music, writing and other things it produces. If it was the show only, well, that just wouldn't be "it".

• Brohoof 1

I've never been as Proud about anything as much as I am about being a Brony! I've done a lot of thing in my life that I am not proud of and it feels so refreshing to be apart of such a great and loving community because I've put my past in the past and I've said this before but finding my Brony skin, in a way saved my life and soul! I was such a lost kid before I found myself that nothing made sense to me (i.e. Morals, Values, Self Worth, Caring about Anything) Now everything is so clear! I know what kind of person I am and what kind of person I want to be! Peace, Love, and Tolerance!

• Brohoof 1

It has been roughly a year since I have been one and one year since I joined this site as of next month and I have to say that it feels exciting and liberating. I never thought in a million years that I would like a show about cartoon ponies but I love this show and don't care what anyone else thinks about it so haters and trolls have zero effect on me. While I am still the same person I am slightly more optimistic slightly less depressed and angry and that although I like cute things even more than I thought I did. I always have a smile on my face when a new episode is coming especially when it is an Applejack episode.

How it feels to be a brony.... 
It's an amazing feeling.  I love it.  It's something that I so very much enjoy, and I have continued to love it so for a year of semi constant insults and heckling.  But I have found a (surprisingly) large group of bronies.  Most of which being in my own group of friends.  It's just amazing being a brony.

• Brohoof 1

Being a brony is pretty nice. I fit in a nice community (under the radar, but that's nice too) and I get to have things to anticipate (the next episode, something on these forums, etc.). Everyone here is really nice. That's my favorite part.

Could you add a "disappointing" option to that poll? Because I am disappointed I have to be grouped with a community that consists of a large amount of homophobes, racists and bullies who just pretend they are better than that and going around saying "love and tolerate" about everything without actually being loving and tolerating.

Back in 2011, I thought it was kinda weird that I would be involved in the fandom. Until I heard a Dj D-dog song named "LOUDER" v2 and yet i never realized it was that show. I mean I just want to like get away from it but the overload of cuteness is the stuff that you can't escape!!

Fluttershy got me involved with her "yay" and it happens to be the cutest thing I've ever heard. 

Overall, I'm pretty neutral about being a brony. I sometimes watch a few episodes to clear everything that's irritating in my head. I cannot wait for season 4 to be quadrupled the fun.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...
  • 2 months later...